Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Fanfest "other" attractions

From taj's fanfest post

Quote Originally Posted by Indalecia
    Quote Originally Posted by Mischa
    More of a lurker here than anything, but I'll be attending. (Mischa/Ragnarok) Whoooo east coast.

So yeah.. anyone know where the nearest bar is?
    Nearest bar? Screw anaheim.

If you head in town, theres this place called Kung Pow Kitty. Kind of a Thai/general eastern place. Best goddamn chilicalamari ive ever had. Its donw on Hollywood blvd tho, but I recommend it.
    I will be in anaheim until sunday then to san diego for a couple days... but im sure not everyone going to fanfest is leaving right when fanfest is over. I (as well as others id hope) would like to know some have to go to/have to see places while thye are in cali from you guys who are from the area.

Good food / Good bars / Good clubs... pretty much anything you can do while in the anaheim area would be appreciated... And I LOVE thai food so im definitely gonna make a push for my buddies to check out kung pow kitty

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Thunderhorn

Re: Fanfest "other" attractions

My group is going out for steak one night. :D Someone give me a good steak recommendation that's not going to make me take out a loan just for one meal.

My diet is so fubared.

My reply is on topic, but not really related to OP. Sorry for hijacking!

Usually at Cons I've been to in the past, people throw awesome as hell room parties. I was thinking that we might have a BG get together in that function, since during the day running around at the event its too hard to find people & coordinate a get together. So, to add into Taj's idea of getting everyones' names, perhaps we could schedule something?

Like, let's just have a meet up for meet-up's-sake in the hotel lobby like 10:30pm tomorrow night? Then if we want to coordinate a room party Friday night or something, we can.

I really want to go out drinking one night during the FanFest, so maybe we'll coordinate a "closing party" on Saturday night instead.

How's this sound?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Thunderhorn

I'll prolly dodge the room parties myself, I'm not a partyer or a drinker.

I'm just an old fuddy-duddy. =(

My name's on the list mostly so that people can know I'm there if they're interested. Most likely to try to kill me I'm sure, but eh.

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well, like I said, I've been out here for a few days and I do like my food.

Guess the best place I've been to in the Anaheim area is Luigi's somethingorother.

From the conventions center, take a left onto Harbor, right onto Ball, then a left onto College. Will be on your left (this is about a 10min drive btw, dont expect immediate turns) Kick ass little Italian place, found it in AAA. Very homey.

Haven't found a good steak place yet, Achika, been tearing up downtown. Send me a PM when you get here and bring your +1 melee crown.

EDIT: and count me in for a bar bounce Ridd, I'm there.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

You want a steak? Go find a Ruth's Chris Steak House in the area.. best ever. Not cheap, but it's not ridiculously priced.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Thunderhorn

Haven't found a good steak place yet, Achika, been tearing up downtown. Send me a PM when you get here and bring your +1 melee crown.
    Will do, but no promise on the crown. =p

And thanks for the steak suggestion. =D Hmm, is that one of them fancy "gotta dress up" places? =o

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dammerung
    You want a steak? Go find a Ruth's Chris Steak House in the area.. best ever. Not cheap, but it's not ridiculously priced.
    I love Ruth's Chris and I eat there as often as I can, but "Not cheap, but it's not ridiculously priced" is just plain wrong for 99% of people here.

Do you eat at the Palm every night or something? LOL

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I have a rule about not eating a steak in a place I can't wear blue jeans in.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Thunderhorn

I have a rule about not eating a steak in a place I can't wear blue jeans in.
    Yeah, I'm not one that enjoys dressing up either. Granted, I am packing casual dress attire for some reason, but dammit I want comfort when I'm eating. =o

Stubricks in downtown Fullerton for kickass steaks and drinks.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Thunderhorn

I'll have to look into that one. =D

Now, I think my group's first meal there is going to be pizza. Anything decent other than the Pizza Hut I see near the hotel (According to Google Maps)? =p

Past that, I've been told that my East Coast ass needs to have burgers from Carls Jr and In-n-Out. =o And past that, I'm pretty much open to whatever I suppose. XD

My nutritionist is gonna be mad at me on Monday.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

If you don't mind driving about 30-45 mins, the best "meat" place to go to is Fogo de Chao. It's a little pricey ($52.50), but it is all you can eat. It's a Brazilian Churrascaria. It is by far the best in town. They have 16 or so different kinds of meat. Off the top of my head they have:

Filet
    Top Sirloin
    Bottom Sirloin
    House Special
    Garlic Beef
    Beef Ribs
    Pork Tenderloin
    Filet wrapped in Bacon
    Chicken wrapped in Bacon
    Parmesan Pork
    Lamb Chop

And more.

I promise you will not be disappointed.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora
    Past that, I've been told that my East Coast ass needs to have burgers from Carls Jr and In-n-Out. =o And past that, I'm pretty much open to whatever I suppose. XD
    You can skip the Carl's Jr. It's nothing more than a normal fast food joint. I would definitely recommend In N Out though.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Damn thats expensive, Fogo de Chao is like 20 dollars cheaper in TX

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Man0warr
    Damn thats expensive, Fogo de Chao is like 20 dollars cheaper in TX
    It is $20 cheaper if you go for lunch, but that is only Monday-Thursday until 2pm. However, I wouldn't care what the price was. I'd pay for it regardless. It's that good. (to me)

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Thunderhorn

My group is kinda stuck within walking distance. Impeded by the fact that two of our members may have walking issues. I prolly should've mentioned that earlier. =(

And I knew that Carls Jr was a typical fast food, but I haven't had typical fast food in over a month. =D WANT GIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by riddaraan
    My reply is on topic, but not really related to OP. Sorry for hijacking!

Usually at Cons I've been to in the past, people throw awesome as hell room parties. I was thinking that we might have a BG get together in that function, since during the day running around at the event its too hard to find people & coordinate a get together. So, to add into Taj's idea of getting everyones' names, perhaps we could schedule something?

Like, let's just have a meet up for meet-up's-sake in the hotel lobby like 10:30pm tomorrow night? Then if we want to coordinate a room party Friday night or something, we can.

I really want to go out drinking one night during the FanFest, so maybe we'll coordinate a "closing party" on Saturday night instead.

How's this sound?
    I figured instead of scheduling a meeting (that seems pretty lame tbcfh) we'd just kind of katamari around fanfest friday/saturday, picking up BGers as we go. 10:30 pm on Thursday sounds fine, but I don't think a lot of people are going to get the message. I know a lot of east coasters have already left for Anaheim and might not have net access when they get there.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora
    I'll have to look into that one. =D

Now, I think my group's first meal there is going to be pizza. Anything decent other than the Pizza Hut I see near the hotel (According to Google Maps)? =p

My nutritionist is gonna be mad at me on Monday.
    Carl's is just basically Hardee's. In-n-Out is literally made by god and handed down to man.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'm fortunate enough to live about 1/2mi. away from Fanfest. If you guys are looking for some good places to eat I could recommend some.

If you are in the mood for Mexican food, try Los Sanchez. It's in Garden Grove. city right next to Anaheim. Personally, my favorite place to eat. http://lossanchez.com/

If you're looking for a big selection of bars, head north on Harbor Blvd to Downtown Fullerton. They got a huge selection of bars. Including a Great sushi Bar, Chomp http://www.rockinrestaurants.com/chomp/

If you want a place most people are familiar with and a sure shot place for all, Just head over to Dave & Busters at The Block @ Orange http://www.daveandbusters.com/

I'll try to post a few more idea, but im at work atm. But whatever you pick be sure to have a blast.