Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Leviathan]Donjarfi(bc)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

[Leviathan]Donjarfi(bc)

Applied to my LS today, anything on this guy would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Re: [Leviathan]Donjarfi(bc)

Hmmmm, this should turn out to be interesting not sure im the one to mention anything since I might mix facts up, but I know other Levi posters will be able to fill you in lol.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I've already posted on their website what happened so theres really not much people can say that can bring me down anymore (Although I'm sure some people will come say crap)

Whiteknight

Been friends with DJ for about a year now, loyal friend and a good player.
    Loyal to his LS. I know because i was in Voltron with him, He might of missed 1
    event in 3-5 months. Not the way he was when shit went down around 3 years ago.
    Never lied about what he did back then.All around nice guy and commited to his ls,
    Always there when he is needed. Def. Give DJ a fighting chance, hes a great guy.
    Thanks, Whiteknight

MidnightDragon

Hola I'm kogashi a friend of Donjarfi, yes he did have a very questionable past but Ive worked with him for the last year and I will vouch for him, he works hard knows his jobs, knows how to fight all the NMs you dont need to explain to him what needs to be done. He knows the roles he needs to do, he's on time and he calls things as he sees it even if you don't like it. He will level jobs for your LS and do whats necessary to get the job done and beats the misisons NMs etc. Besides his account is on my credit card so if he joins you guys and cheats, bots, hacks etc I'll just call up SE and say that the account of stolen and to cancel the account lol. He will be a good addition to your linkshell and you'll notice a positive impact quickly.
    Kogashi - 75 RDM - Leviathan Server

He has a very interesting past i should say but i don't know the full story but never talked to him once and tried to join echo way back then lol.....

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

we PT'd before rose you on sam me on COR, you were in Pansies before reform to Wotototo ... damn that was such a good PT. was like SAM SAM COR COR NIN SMN ~ (Lesser Colibri, @ Pkuucha's spawn area)

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

alright well, i've known dj for the longest time. of course he's had his past sins as have we all but no doubt has he definitely long-since made up for it all. i have no doubt he's an amazing player. i have definitely enjoy playing alongside him as long as i can remember. dj has a ton of experience and skills in all-things HNM. he makes way as a good natural leader and all that shit =]
    anyways, he's definitely a good player and i'd definitely recommend considering him!!!

O YEAH now i remember that was a fun pt. Was 1 sam 1 rng you cor 1 drg 1 nin and 1 smn (: that was awesome exp.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Decent player, although he stole an osode way back. I wouldn't ever loan him any items, but other than that I've had a few exp pts with him and he's not a noob.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

He just applied to a new linkshell on Bismarck. Any drama back when he was on Unicorn? I heard he was in a couple of shells in a short period that he was there. What happened on Leviathan? Can this person be trusted? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

New Merits
    BG Level

/sigh Donjarfi

I've seen both sides of Don.

He was in my socialLS years ago...for a very short time because he was an ass and pretty much everyone hated him. He flipped out when he asked someone to craft a high $$$ item and there was a critical failure iirc. Insisted the person buy him new materials (wasn't gonna happen).

Over a year later, Don was on my friendslist. We lvl'd COR together, we were in the same dynamisLS, he briefly joined my skyLS before transferring, and we ran Nyzle Isle together.

However, this would become a real sticking point for me, and made me eventually regret giving him the benefit of the doubt. I formed the static, but Don was the disc holder. He was really into PLD and wanted Askar boots. So we let him have the first drop, with the understanding that he wouldn't be considered another drop until everyone else had gotten some. A week later, he posts on our dynamis site that he's going to be gone for about a week to deal w/ some RL stuff.

A month later he came back. During this time, we had done some runs replacing him, but we didn't make much progress. Plus our rdm was out of the country for a few weeks, and the brd disappeared w/o notice as well. We weren't waiting for him to return necessarily, but we had a good setup and when he came back we planned to get moving on it again. Instead, he formed his own new static, didn't ask anyone outside the brd (who was his friend and has already posted in this thread) to join.

And shortly after that he jumped to Unicorn. And lied about it when I caught him on the other server while looking at my friendslist - "I have RL friends over there, was just saying hi on my mule." The mule that I had never ever seen him on previuosly...and I check my friendslist frequently.

Sorry for the long reply, but it's really hard to summarize Don. There was a large contingent of endgame players who transferred from Leviathan to Bismarck a few months back, you may want to track a few of them down and get a better idea of how he'll fit w/ your server.

Ultimately w/ Don, you're getting a committed player that knows his jobs pretty well...but his actions would seem to show that he continually acts impulsively and selfishly and he'll be bringing a lot of baggage that will never go away. Up to you to decide which will carry more weight.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nobilis
    He just applied to a new linkshell on Bismarck. Any drama back when he was on Unicorn? I heard he was in a couple of shells in a short period that he was there. What happened on Levithan? Can this person be trusted? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Howdy.

Well I happen to be from Unicorn and was on a linkshell with Donjarfi. He had joined the linkshell just a bit before I did. Yes there was a bit of drama I guess.

To make a long story short, Don was on the linkshell, got some af2 and like a sea cape, not sure if he had gotten anything else. At the time the linkshell was focused on doing other endgame events, and not camping HNM hardcore style. So a couple months back, Don and his friend who server transferred with him and was on ls, just up and quit the linkshell and joined a competing linkshell that day, who were, um, a bit more proficient at claiming (Thanks to these guys. ----->)
    Said linkshell also tended to get looked upon unfavorably since they had some members who thought talking shit in /say at camps was the cruise control for cool, so yeah.

There was also a bit of drama at a Xoltol afterwards, where there might have been a charm mishap involving him, some ancient magic, and another linkshells samurai using Tachi: Kaiten resulting in a dead uncharmed galka. The usual e thuggery threats of blah blah ensued from him, but no one really cared lol.

Then the linkshell he was on broke/reformed a lot before splintering into, well I'm not sure how many, and he switched servers.

Don had seemed to be a good guy, and honestly didn't have any real major problems with him prior to the up and leaving linkshell thing. You asked if he can be trusted? My opinion, probably not. The server he came from beforehand, on his application he had put he had a bad reputation because he stole a osode or something lol. And his actions on this server really didn't help to improve on that honestly.

So there's some info, take it as you will.

p.s. lolgarkablm

I was in the first HNM shell he joined while he was on Unicorn. We didnt claim faf/nid much in the time he was there so he left to be in a shell that bot claimed. That shell later broke due to its leaders kind of being douches. The other shells worth joining that camp alot are the one he left and the one that kaiten'd him at Xoxotl so i guess thats why he jumped servers again.

He is on my flist and I had no issues with him in the time he was in my shell. Basically hes that guy youre friends with who is kind of a dick, but you hang out with anyway because hes usually ok. He does seem to hop shells alot due to impatience, but there aren't many people in this game who are patient when it comes to getting items. He's probably looking for a shell that does alot the whole day since he plays most of the day.

PS. Is he in your LS already? he sent me a few PMs that made it seem like he was already killing stuff like KV over there.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

All the things I got on Unicorn were earned in a point based/lotting system LS, so its not like i lotted and left

The askar boots thing w/ clyne: we didn't even have a full static. When I went to Unicorn me and the friend that came with me started a static and proceeded to F81 (Where im currently stopped now, because Salvage is more important) of members that always attended Mon + Thurs (7 runs/week) to make sure we got things. We had to have repeated F80 for bodies 25 times lol.

Not trying to defend myself, just giving both sides of the story. Me and Clyne were good friends, we ran in the same dynamis LS for a LONG time, one of the best dyna LSs on leviathan (I hope its still running). When I left Leviathan my disc was locked @ F26 i believe.

I did up and leave tactics. When I left SP (I left before it split the 2nd time) I even had the leader break my pearl as to avoid the "omg people still have pearls leeching TODs" kinda questioning.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I was in Tactics with Don as well. I really didn't care that he left and all that, he wasn't really with us long enough to warrant any real issues of loyalty. I liked the guy and thought he was fitting in well with the shell. It seemed weird that he just up and left one day but that was fine.

What sorta left a bad taste in my mouth was when we were at a camp after he had left, I sent him a tell just screwing around trying to have some fun with the guy. I remember him reacting like I was just some douche he'd never met before. I just thought it was weird how fast he went from acting like our friends to being just another asshole in SP.

I also had to laugh when SP broke right after he joined. If he was still in Tactics he would be right up there for the drops he left for at this point. (and btw we been claiming a lot don )

Anyway, thats my 2 cents....

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I heard hicks My points were skyrocketing in that shell, and i do regret leaving. But things happen. I was in SP for 2 months or so before it completely split into the 2 shells it is now (if it is even still going). But GL on ya'lls stuff

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

i always thought he was an ok dude, he does his jobs fine and what not...

his attitude did change alot once he left tactics to go to sp (i think they have some sort of crazy brainwashing system that turns you into a total douche who knows...) he did talk alotta shit about certain members of tactics (myself included) after he left, such is life i guess...my only real beef with the kid is that he called us family then went to the most notorious botting ls on our server (lol RIP SP) and talked alotta shit about our "family"

he isnt a bad dude, but it feels like he will turn on you attitude wise if you cross him the wrong way, but he is good at his jobs and he is a good guy when he isnt impatient

Good Luck on your new server Don and take care!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Thanks for the kind words Lyl I felt like I had to fit into SP which is why some of that stuff was said. Me and Butcher actually talked after the whole Xolotl thing even and worked it out. I think the only real reason I got so upset about that was that we had been camping the kotes for a friend of mine of 3years+... and it frustrated me that it was the 2nd time we had been MPK'd in like 4 days (First by JPs, then by Butcher/Tyon. Me and Tyon talked it out too afterwards and even laughed about it).

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

also,
    LOLGALKA