+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Week 11 Picks     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

NFL Week 11 Picks

Cleveland (5-4) @ Baltimore (4-5) Baltimore's defense hasn't been able to stop teams this season. They have been ok with stopping the run but that should be no problem for Cleveland. Anderson, Edwards, and Winslow should be able to run wild on the Baltimore D. I don't think Kyle Boller will be able to save the Ravens offense either.

Tampa Bay (5-4) @ Atlanta (3-6) Eh, seems like a pretty boring game. Tampa Bay is the better all around team, but I think it might actually be a pretty close game.

San Diego (5-4) @ Jacksonville (6-3) I'm going to go ahead and pick Jacksonville for this one. They came up with a big win against the Titans last week and I think they will be able to do it again. MJD and Fred Taylor should be able to do pretty well against a shaky Chargers run D and Philip Rivers is probably going to throw 3 INTs. I don't think LT will be shut out though, he should have a pretty decent game.

New York Giants (6-3) @ Detroit Lions (6-3) The Lions offense has been pretty good this season but they have shown that when they are up against a solid defense, they play pretty poorly. Then again, they went up against Arizona last week and lost too. This should actually be a pretty good game, but the Giants should come out on top.

Miami (0-9) @ Philadelphia (4-5)

Oakland (2-7) @ Minnesota (3-6)

Kansas City (4-5) @ Indianapolis (7-2) The Colts 2 game losing streak should stop here. KC isn't exactly an easy time, but even with the tantamount number of injured starters on the Colts, they should be able to pick up the win. KC doesn't have a good enough offense to keep up with Indy, especially with LJ injured.

New Orleans (4-5) @ Houston (4-5)

Carolina (4-5) @ Green Bay (8-1) Carolina doesn't have a QB. GB has an exceptional QB and a great defense on the other side of the line.

Arizona (4-5) @ Cincinnati (3-6)

Pittsburgh (7-2) @ New York Jets (1-8)

Washington (5-4) @ Dallas (8-1)

Chicago (4-5) @ Seattle (5-4) Grossman has been named started for Sunday. I don't know why, but I have the feeling he's going to have a pretty good game against Seattle. Their defense is not what it used to be.

St. Louis (1-8) @ San Fransisco (2-7) Rams coming off of a strong win at New Orleans.

New England (9-0) @ Buffalo (5-4)

Tennessee (6-3) @ Denver (4-5)

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Re: NFL Week 11 Picks

Finally, the Seahawks actually get an interesting match this weekend. Too bad I'm traveling and away from a TV -_-

My pick is for the 'Hawks, but ahead by less than 3

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Cleveland (5-4) @ Baltimore (4-5)
    Tampa Bay (5-4) @ Atlanta (3-6)
    San Diego (5-4) @ Jacksonville (6-3)
    New York Giants (6-3) @ Detroit Lions (6-3)
    Kansas City (4-5) @ Indianapolis (7-2)
    Carolina (4-5) @ Green Bay (8-1)
    Chicago (4-5) @ Seattle (5-4)
    St. Louis (1-8) @ San Fransisco (2-7)

Going with a few upsets here. Mainly Oakland over Minnesota, if you can call that a real upset. It'd be interesting if Oakland does start Russel. AZ over Cincy if you can call a team with more wins over another an upset. I do because it's @ Cincy, so meh. I'm also hoping SD gets on track against Jacksonville. With Indy playing KC and Tennessee playing Denver.. both of which, the AFC West teams could lose, I could see the Chargers getting on track here with a lead in the weak West.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Daahan

I think I agree with all but three picks, I think Tennessee was exposed last weekend, especially without Haynesworth on the D-line making plays. Thus I just couldn't pick Jax over San Diego even though both teams are winning pretty sloppily. San Diego is coming off an amazing if weird upset last week and I think they can overcome Rivers' erratic play this season against Jax. Equally sketchy offenses, I give the edge to SD defense based on last weeks strength of opponent.

I also picked AZ over Cinci just cuz' Cinci has looked hideous in the two games I've seen them play in. They're done for the season and it looks like the players know it, I just get a defeatest sense when I hear reporters or quotes from players. AZ is a team perennially on the rise, or so we're told, but they're not out of it this season so I expect they give it their all.

I picked Oakland over Minn without much insight, I just think that without peterson the vikings have nothing really going for them. If Russell starts, at least oakland has a legitimate question mark at QB, as opposed to Minnesota, where nothing good at all can be said about that QB situation when it's behind what must be a good offensive line.

But then again, the past couple weeks have been crazy, in my pool last week the person with the worst overall record made the most correct picks. I'm still in first overall, but only with one pick separating me from second place. I'm worried that I'm starting to overthink my picks.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fryte Avarise
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Miami over Philly! Just you watch! (John Beck, you better freaking be the messiah.)

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I actually picked the Raiders over the Vikings this week mainly because AD is gonna be out for a bit and with no QB.. they really have nothing but Chester Taylor.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Haynesworth and Laboy are both back this week for Tennessee. Thats 2/3 of our best Dlineman. Denver has the worst rush defense in the league vs. Tennessee with the 2nd best Rush attack and the best QB outside the pocket. If TN doesn't win, its simply due to bad playcalling by Norm Chow.

Is Lynch playing? Even if he is, he is too slow to handle VY.

Demosthenes11

*Waits for Tyche's typical bullshit comment*
    "I don't think the bills will win, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do!!!!!"

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11
    trap game

Banned.

BG Level

Rams - 49ers ._.

I'm pretty sure the Bills are going to get destroyed, especially without Marsawn Lynch. I hope a bunch of Bills fans don't unrealistically think the Bills are going to do what they did the last time we had a televised national night game.

I'm pretty much going to the game to get wasted and enjoy the national spotlight.

p.s. Fuck Teddy Bruschi.

Quote Originally Posted by Viq
    trap game
    I wish, the reality is I'll be watching this game just to see if we've really improved against an opponent like this. Still though I'm thrilled that the Bills are 5-4 through nine weeks. The Denver and Dallas games are really going to bite us in the ass tho.

I would like some opinions on who I should start this week for WRs. I have 4 good options but don't want to sit anyone, lol. So some outside advice could help/

Roy Williams at home against NYG.
    Braylon Edwards away at BAL.
    Joey Galloway away at ATL.
    Chris Henry home against ARI.

As of right now i'm sitting Henry. But I just have a feeling he's going to get a TD or 2. And I don't trust Roy or Braylon against 2 stingy pass defenses.

Oh and...
    p.s. Fuck Teddy Bruschi.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I guess you missed me picking the patriots over the colts. Ive picked against the pats when they played cinci, because noone knew how dysfunctional the bengals were at that time, and I thought that "high powered offense" would keep up. I picked Dallas over the pats, and I STILL think Dallas is capable of beating the pats. I also said I thought the pats would beat the colts without harrison, and, that was pretty much the difference in the game. I think Pittsburg has a CHANCE to beat the pats. If it's cold, windy, and snowing, I think they have a good chance. Terrible passing conditions (which happens occasionally in foxborough in the winter) favors the steelers defense and running game. I think the only time I said that "I wouldn't be surprised if they lose..." was against Miami. Let's be honest, who would have been surprised if Miami had beat NE?

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche
    Let's be honest, who would have been surprised if Miami had beat NE?
    ...me?

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Did I miss something newsworthy today? What do people have against Bruschi?

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane
    ...me?
    Me 2? Lol, what moron would have been surprised?

Oh, and if I had to pick 3 players to have his leg broken in 1,000 places, the list goes as follows:

1. Bruschi
    2. Seau (on any team, the guy is the largest rat the game has seen since before the 80's)
    3. Kurt Warner's Wife (Yes, it's really a dood)

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall
    Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane
    ...me?
    Me 2? Lol, what moron would have been surprised?

Oh, and if I had to pick 3 players to have his leg broken in 1,000 places, the list goes as follows:

1. Bruschi
    2. Seau (on any team, the guy is the largest rat the game has seen since before the 80's)
    3. Kurt Warner's Wife (Yes, it's really a dood)
    Typo or misquote? I think Arch was saying he would have been surprised if Miami won, despite their rich history over the past few years. I'll absolutely agree warner's wife tho lol. Such an attention whore. I remember when she publicly bitched about warner not starting when he played at the rams.

BG Level

Two things:

1. You do know the Pats D is good? Samuel and Meariweather are young beasts.

2. You do know that it gets just as cold, if not colder, at Gillette Stadium, as in Pitts? NE is used to playing in the cold. They also have more veterans that are used to playing in the cold. I don't understand your Steeler comments. Hell, I never understand any of your points.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast