Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

level 60 pup? tired of VEs uncapped melee skill? look here!

hey guys, i originally posted this on alla, but decided to post this on other major forums as well since its a useful tip for you pups needing capped melee, and probably other skills. i got this idea reading the emnity testing thread. here goes, copy and pasted out of laziness:

well, looking at the info on the emnity testing thread in main forums, i finally perfected a way for 60+ pups to skill up valoredges melee skill without threat of death! all you simply have to do is this:

1. sub bst. yes. bst, even if its level 1, bst.

2. find a marid.

3. charm said marid 32-35 times, making sure not to get hit. they run very slowly so you can easily outrun them. run it to the tower that leads to whitegate.

4. activate valoredge, and make sure it has both stabilizers or the second teir and a heat seeker, as well as flashbulb. the last is extremely important!!!

5. equip whatever you want for rest of attachments, though i recommend flame holder and turbo charger.

6. sic VE on marid, and kite it while avoiding damage. let VE play with it aaaall day. as long as VE doesnt do too much damage, he will never pull hate. i kited the marid for 2 hours before it died and VE didnt pull hate a single time, even though he solod it from full to 0 hp.

7. IN CASE OF MARID WEAPONSKILL!: when marids weaponskill, the first 4-5 times they will spawn a chigoe. if it does a weaponskill, retreive oni FIRST, then put up a light maneuver and deploy him on the chigoe. make sure you havent been using light maneuvers at all before, because you absolutly need flashbulbs timer to be up. deploying your auto with a light maneuver on the chigoe will cause him to use flashbulb, instakilling it without exp.

8. after 4-5 chigoes spawned, you no longer have to worry about them. after a chigoe dies you can simply redeploy on the marid. if you happen to take some damage, you can deactivate your auto if its at full hp and swap to whm frame for some curing love. while i havent tested this with black mage head as well, in theory you could use this stratagy to cap magic and ranged skill as well.

9. have fun! by the way, if your tired of kiting, simply get a head start on the marid and exit to whitegate through the tower.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Re: level 60 pup? tired of VEs uncapped melee skill? look here!

you can cap magic in sky by using the zones lines east and west of where despot is usually fought

Banned.

BG Level

hey guys, i originally posted this on alla,

Anyway, this should probably go into the newbie section or otherwise you are likely to face criticism for talking specific PUP tips on a board meant for general topics.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by BRP

Anyway, this should probably go into the newbie section or otherwise you are likely to face criticism for talking specific PUP tips on a board meant for general topics.
    Plus, the sky map and skillchain chart threads slipped past already, so we can't really afford to let this keep happening.

But you know, the whole backseat modding thing... grumble grumble

Ashira

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Quote Originally Posted by BRP

Plus, the sky map and skillchain chart threads slipped past already, so we can't really afford to let this keep happening.

But you know, the whole backseat modding thing... grumble grumble
    I'm backseat modding your backseat mod! OMG YOU'RE BACKSEAT MODDING /slaps wrist

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

QQ

I don't have an alarm that goes off when a topic is posted in the wrong section jeez >_>

I'm sure you'll all live w/ it being in Advanced for 20 minutes