Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xeynaar Nightbreeze
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The transformation could be a combination of both - meltdown and emptiness. The people were transformed into visual apperance of their emptiness. The Kuluu with their emptiness removed were just transformed into a 6th - emptiness-less form. (just my speculation)

No idea why/how the other Zilart/Kuluu people (from missions) weren't changed.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think the Zilart/Kuluu from the Armathrwn Society like Nag'molada were in the Dekfult Tower control chamber with Kam'lanaut and Eald'narche, which kept them from changing. Esha'natarl probably didn't change because of her pact with the Terrestrial Avatars.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Esha'ntarl also had her Emptiness cleansed in the Chamber of Eventide, didn't she? I remember Nag'molada being pissy pants about her and the Chamber and her being more Zilart than Kuluu etc.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    Esha'ntarl also had her Emptiness cleansed in the Chamber of Eventide, didn't she? I remember Nag'molada being pissy pants about her and the Chamber and her being more Zilart than Kuluu etc.
    She did, but she also kind of had to.

Spoiler: show
    The King of the Zilart couldn't let his daughter live life as a Kuluu.

But even without the Emptiness she would have been changed like the other Zilart if she hadn't been protected somehow.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

NPC dialogue:

■Jeuno: "My adventurer's instinct tells me that a secret weapon sleeps here in Jeuno. Most likely the part that would form the main body..."
    ■San d'Oria: "That cathedral... It could easily transform into the head and-- A-ahem! Nevermind..."
    ■Windurst: "A large building seems to be embedded inside the Great Star Tree. I wouldn't be surprised if the leg portion of the secret weapon is concealed within."

Alexander or Easter Egg reference to some kind of Voltron/Transformer anime?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    NPC dialogue:

■Jeuno: "My adventurer's instinct tells me that a secret weapon sleeps here in Jeuno. Most likely the part that would form the main body..."
    ■San d'Oria: "That cathedral... It could easily transform into the head and-- A-ahem! Nevermind..."
    ■Windurst: "A large building seems to be embedded inside the Great Star Tree. I wouldn't be surprised if the leg portion of the secret weapon is concealed within."

Alexander or Easter Egg reference to some kind of Voltron/Transformer anime?
    Huh... I'm betting its an FFIX throwback for Sandy, but the other ones I'd assume something about Voltron What npcs were they?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I feel like I'm missing the IX reference. What is it?

When Garnet and Eiko summon Alexander he takes the form of the actual castle.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    I feel like I'm missing the IX reference. What is it?
    This:

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Kind of a random question, but something that piqued my interest: There are no weapon-type mobs in the past as far as I can tell, and weapons are almost always (always?) found near crags, or the lines connecting the crags (OK, not always but mostly).

Are there weapons-type mobs in the past, and if there aren't, why not?

Ridill
    BG Level

It goes something like this:
    The power coming from the crags (and all the white structures that link the crags) either create or attract the Arcane beings that posses the weapons of soldiers that were left behind when they died in the war.
    In WotG, the war is still pretty new so there hasnt been enough time passed I assume.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

From what I remember, and it has been a while, the weapons absorbed all of the hate and malice from the war and wound up possessing otherwise peaceful earth spirits named "Kebbels" (I can't remember the exact spelling, it is something like that.) So the actual evil thing is the weapon floating above the main body. I am not sure why there are so many of them in Sky and Ro'Maeve though, since those places were untouched by the Crystal War. (Well, maybe Ro'Maeve could have had a few battles, but not sky.) Unless those are 10,000 year old weapons from the Zilart. (And if so, excellent craftsmanship!)

Ridill
    BG Level

Well, maybe we can assume the Kuluu and Zilart had a big war up there when they originally tried to stop them from opening the gates

Considering they're called decorative weapons I'd assume they were made by the Zilart themselves, they had the power of the crystal line at their disposal.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I have to say, I am impressed with peoples' memories regarding the game storyline, as well, I am getting more impressed that the developers have put far more creative thought into the game than I had originally thought.

Ridill
    BG Level

A few CoP questions;
    What was it exactly that started the events of CoP?
    Eldenarche tried to cause a second meltdown but failed, however what did happen because of Eldenarch was the power from the crystals became reversed?

Bahamut awoke not because the Gates of Paradise, but because the Keeper of Apocalypse appeared?

How and for what exact purpose did Sehltus come?

What made the "Keeper of Apocalypse" the keeper of apocalypse? and who was it? wasn't it heavily implied that it was the player who was the Keeper?

What was Eshentarl's stance on the Bothers' plan during Rise of Zilart? I assume she was in Jueno during the time and had to know of the brother's plans. Did she think she couldn't do anything about it, or did she want the gates open, but then between ZM and CoP had a change of heart?

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Also on the CoP subject, what's with that Eventide chamber looking place that Esha'ntarl used?

It's been a long ass time but my mind is a bit fuzzy regarding that one gal in the red dress who seems to be in contact with the goddess or something. Appears a couple times in the ZM storyline, and in flashbacks in CoP.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    A few CoP questions;
    What was it exactly that started the events of CoP?
    Eldenarche tried to cause a second meltdown but failed, however what did happen because of Eldenarch was the power from the crystals became reversed?

Bahamut awoke not because the Gates of Paradise, but because the Keeper of Apocalypse appeared?

How and for what exact purpose did Sehltus come?

What made the "Keeper of Apocalypse" the keeper of apocalypse? and who was it? wasn't it heavily implied that it was the player who was the Keeper?

What was Eshentarl's stance on the Bothers' plan during Rise of Zilart? I assume she was in Jueno during the time and had to know of the brother's plans. Did she think she couldn't do anything about it, or did she want the gates open, but then between ZM and CoP had a change of heart?
    Spoiler city, hope everyone reading finished their missions. This is once more to the best of my recollections.

Eald'narche tried to open the Gates of Paradise and Lion jumped into the Crystal to stop him at the end of Rise of the Zilart- this opened up the Crystal Line enough to pull Al'Taieu slightly back into phase with our dimension. Bahamut woke up because he felt the presence of the Keeper of the Apocalypse, so that meant it was time to raze the world. Al'Taieu coming back slightly in-line with our dimension allowed Selh'teus to leave the city via the Crystal Line to go to the other mother crystals to pull out some light to feed to the Al'Taieu Mother Crystal which had become polluted with a fair amount of Emptiness from the Chamber of Eventide, and possibly to allow us to fight against Promathia later.

The unnamed King of the Zilart (and father of Eald'narche, Kam'lanaut, and Esha'ntarl) became the keeper of the Apocalypse, he found out the truth of the how the Zilart came to bear the Emptiness and gave into the will of Promathia. Yve'noile then sealed him in his audience chamber, that asshole Nag'molada freed him and then got absorbed by Promathia for his trouble. (Prishe was supposed to be the Keeper, but Esha'ntarl used the Eye of Altana to crystalize her Emptiness into Magicite, a shard of which drove the Northlands Expedition insane. This is why she was immortal and stopped aging.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Also on the CoP subject, what's with that Eventide chamber looking place that Esha'ntarl used?

It's been a long ass time but my mind is a bit fuzzy regarding that one gal in the red dress who seems to be in contact with the goddess or something. Appears a couple times in the ZM storyline, and in flashbacks in CoP.
    Esha'ntarl used the Chamber of Eventide to remove her Emptiness, although her parents were Zilart, she was born a Kuluu and thusly did not posses the Whisper of Souls. The woman in the red dress was Yve'noile.

Ridill
    BG Level

Is there anything that indicates how much time passed between the end of ZM and the start of CoP? Tenzen said it had been a few months since the Emptiness had become a serious problem, but Bahamut would have only awoken shortly before he said that, which could just mean that Alteiu opened a bit right at the end of ZM, but the Keeper couldnt be sensed yet, and the emptiness started leaking out very slowly.
    And why did the emptiness start in the Near East, or at least that's where the worst of it apparently is, when thee mother crystals are in the midlands continent.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    Is there anything that indicates how much time passed between the end of ZM and the start of CoP? Tenzen said it had been a few months since the Emptiness had become a serious problem, but Bahamut would have only awoken shortly before he said that, which could just mean that Alteiu opened a bit right at the end of ZM, but the Keeper couldnt be sensed yet, and the emptiness started leaking out very slowly.
    And why did the emptiness start in the Near East, or at least that's where the worst of it apparently is, when thee mother crystals are in the midlands continent.
    The Emptiness leaking in the Far Eastern really never made much sense, especially since the mother crystals are here and we didn't have a bad bleed except in the Promyvions. Why didn't it bleed in the Near East? I think that this is a plot hole.

I think that the "few months" is just like how it is always 20 years since the Crystal War. The Emptiness bleeding out only makes sense if it happens after making contact with the Al'Taieu mother crystal. (And only makes sense near the mother crystals, but that is a different plot hole.) I chalk it up to how we can go and do a cutscene, then wait a year to do the next but it is still the same time frame.