Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
    Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

She's a lonely child who uses puppetry to entertain herself and also to enforce her presence in front of others as she's frail, by showing these seemingly 'alive' puppets who back her up. But she's actually controlling them herself.
    The fact that they supposedely mimic her parents is very likely her own doing as well, unconsciously trying to revive their company. In fact, in the end Mnejing actually changes becoming a representation of Razfahd.

Sure, this is fantasy and they could very well be possessed by their spirits, however I think it's likely that it's just Nashmeira's feelings affecting them entirely.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    So...was there ever anything explicitly stated that Ovjang and Mnjeng are "special", or truly alive,...or is Nashmeira really a schizo who talks to others and herself through puppets?
    Her mother deciphered the Gordeus and used its power to program them with personalities.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I think their thoughts are all inputs from Nashmeira but then those thoughts become unique speech via their programmed personalities.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Don't really feel like making a new thread for this, but does anyone know what happened to the information in the OP of Elmer's job profile posts?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Hi! I rejoined bluegartr (lost my previous username). missed the discussion earlier. So basically WotG is Altana pulling a Days of Future Past, right?

It also reminds me of Star Trek TNG episode Yesterday's Enterprise where the Enterprise C missing from battle in the past changed the future where the Klingons are winning a war against the federation. Picard asks "What makes one future more proper than the other?"

I think Elmer's stuff has been lost to the ether of his FFXI sites going bye-bye. Which is a sad, as he was really a primary source for a lot of lore nobody would ever have seen otherwise.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Yuella View Post
    Hi! I rejoined bluegartr (lost my previous username). missed the discussion earlier. So basically WotG is Altana pulling a Days of Future Past, right?

It also reminds me of Star Trek TNG episode Yesterday's Enterprise where the Enterprise C missing from battle in the past changed the future where the Klingons are winning a war against the federation. Picard asks "What makes one future more proper than the other?"
    actually its a bit different, Altana created our alternate "good" future out of a dream (or tear?). In Reality our Future doesnt even exist, wherease Liliths future was the real one

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Hmm. Didnt cait sith say "a little bit of push here, a little encouragement there". Makes me think that Altana activated Atomos and send future people (like Karaha Baruha) back to the past to help change the war.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Hmm. Didnt cait sith say "a little bit of push here, a little encouragement there". Makes me think that Altana activated Atomos and send future people (like Karaha Baruha) back to the past to help change the war.
    Altana had already created the changed timeline completely on her own. She activated Atomos to suck up Lilith's timeline, she gave out time travel feathers because Lilith found a way between the timelines and started sabotaging ours so it would be devoured instead.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Ok. I didnt play through Bastok's wotg quests so...Klara? Is she a traitor? Whats her motivation?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Were flans just natural fauna or were they failed blue mage experiments? I feel like I remember hearing that they were immortal recruits who were experimented on, compared to Soulflayers which were Blue mages who were powerful but couldnt contain their power. Seems odd that non sentient, non beastmen creatures would be able to wield magic, as magic is something that requires knowledge/language/logic/spirit/teaching/words/intellect. NMs that cast magic do so for gameplay purposes and probably can't cast magic from a canonnical standpoint, but lore-wise flans can which is odd, because who taught them? Elementals/bombs are different because they're beings of raw living energy, and undead retain their powers from life. Also weird that soulflayers cast black magic and lose all their blue magic and acquire staves. Seemed like a potentially cool tie-in but the way the implemented them leaves plot holes(except that one soulflayer NM in NNI that wears what looks like mirage gear(blu af2) and instead of black magic, uses Unbridled Learning spells.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I remember them confirming a long time ago that flans are people whose bodies couldn't handle the blue mage procedure, and that's why they have no plans to give BST a flan familiar. Big missed opportunity not making flans, flayers, and some ToAU undead BLU. Did we really need more BLM-type enemies? Same goes for past beastmen (besides a handful of NMs) not having DNC/SCH and Velkk not having GEO/RUN.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

there's BLU mamools, COR lamia/merrow, and PUP trolls

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by The Assman View Post
    I remember them confirming a long time ago that flans are people whose bodies couldn't handle the blue mage procedure, and that's why they have no plans to give BST a flan familiar. Big missed opportunity not making flans, flayers, and some ToAU undead BLU. Did we really need more BLM-type enemies? Same goes for past beastmen (besides a handful of NMs) not having DNC/SCH and Velkk not having GEO/RUN.
    some special event enemys are SCH or DNC. i think you encounter a SCH on the SCH artifact quest in grauberg not sure, but yeah no normal mob follow the footseps of sch or dnc. Same goes with GEO and RUN.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ok. I didnt play through Bastok's wotg quests so...Klara? Is she a traitor? Whats her motivation?
    She was possessed by a demon the whole time. You and Volker and Zeid and that one SCH dude who I forget his name end up breaking the spell and saving her. It is then implied that Zeid and Klara go off to have sexy time. Seriously.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I remember reading before that Flans were failed experiments, people who didn't make it through the process to become a Blue Mage. I thought that was why they added +1 blue magic skill to that event hat too.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

It always bothered me that mobs can't use Job Abilities like players can. Would have changed things up if WAR Beastmen could use Retaliation. I guess they sorta reflect this in their TP moves or special properties(like how some "SCH" NM's have auto-manifestation/accession on their spells, or how how some "DNC" Orcs use various 'Dances', or Lamia COR's doing that Phantom Roll TP move that does random shit.

I wish SE made more job lore quests. I made a post about adding more job lore quests like 3 years ago, go tons of Likes on the OF, and even a response from Camate who said after they finish what they're currently doing, they would look into it. Was disappointed that reforged gear wasn't quested. New job quests would be fun if they were long and had gripping stories and weren't just trade X,Y,Z for your upgrades.

I would've been for job quests back in the day, but now I think they kind of went over the potential limit now that we have 22 they'd have to address, even if not all at once. Shit, they've had issue just getting AF quests in on time from WotG and onward. I feel like we'd have better luck if they revisited the mini add-on. While those were done poorly, the overall concept of a DLC mission line isn't bad if it's quality. I suspect there are number of loose in the lore that could be expanded upon, too. Like the whole San d'Orian church and Rainemard thing. I wouldn't even argue against some more plot going into the avatars, as Fenrir is the only one who really gets some good story nods with a side of Diabolos then Cait Sith. Can't really bring myself to count Odin/Alex/Atomos.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

How were GEO/RUN relic quests? Was it just bring me X? Or was there storyline behind the origin of the equipment? Were there cutscenes or just generic fetch materials? I don't have either leveled so I'm curious.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

they were "whoa you found this rare material they used to use to make special armor... I know how to use it give me some bayld!"