BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast
    Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    How were GEO/RUN relic quests? Was it just bring me X? Or was there storyline behind the origin of the equipment? Were there cutscenes or just generic fetch materials? I don't have either leveled so I'm curious.
    bring blabla items to blabla NPC for exchange on blabla. Artifact had some cutscenes and fights involved tough. Relic not so much.

However the Ergon locus weapons had 4 cutscenes and told a bit about the legendary wielders of those weapons. More then their mythic counterparts.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Tarutaru and Mithra seem to get screwed out of the major storyline. Let's look at the main characters in each story/expansion

Original: Lion, Zeid, Raogrimm
    Zilart: Aldo, Lion and Zeid
    Promathia: Prishe and Ulmia
    Aht Uhrgan: Nashmeira, Rashfad and Luzaf
    Goddess: Ragelise, Portia and Lilisette
    Adoulin: Arciela

Even Galka got the shaft after Zilart. They love using Hume and Elvaan as their main characters.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Yuella View Post
    Tarutaru and Mithra seem to get screwed out of the major storyline. Let's look at the main characters in each story/expansion

Even Galka got the shaft after Zilart. They love using Hume and Elvaan as their main characters.
    um... shantotto and various other famous tarus get some limelight in sidequest throughout most of the expansions. not to mention shantotto had her own addon?

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

I dunno how you could not include Naja on that list, and Windurst's WotG missions were the only one I enjoyed and had tons of taru and mithra. Plus Shantotto is SE's de facto FFXI representative in things like Dissidia and Theatrhythm.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I see Naja as a more supporting role like Tenzen and fake Louverance

Banned.

BG Level

I see Naja as a more supporting role like Tenzen and fake Louverance
    Nearly every ToAU mission starts at her, features her, and/or ends at her. Plus she's a supporting NPC in the penultimate battle.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I always felt that Envy/Apathy was accidentally switched for Hume/Mithra. I would think Mithra are apathetic since they're freeswords/mercenaries and seem to not really care much about anything. I feel like Humes are envious since they would envy Taru's Intelligence, Galkan durability, Elvaan Strength and Mithran speed/agility/cunning. Trying to see how Mithras are envious or how humes are apathetic. Humes got involved in everything during their various skirmishes with San dOria, but Mithras are like bystanders in all of the Middle Land conflicts and they don't even have a country to call their own except for that Chieftainate to the far South.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

different kiind of envy..

yuella it might be cos youre restricting main characters to a really narrow definition. that said all the expansion heroines are either hume or elvaan or mix. CoP had an ensemble cast. Shikaree Z was mithra, Jabbos galka, Louverance/Prishe/Ulmia Elvaan, the Chebukkis are tarus, Tenzen is Hume. and Esha'ntarl Zilart, Nag'molada Kuluu.. its all varied and all represented.

toau.. well the near east is populated mostly by Humes i think. but in any case Ghatsad had a pretty big role and hes galka. and like mentioned above.. Naja

considering the complexity of the story and how Naja made certain things turn out the way she did, i'd say she was a main character even if it was in a 'supporting role'. Levil in SoA on the other hand.. is purely supporting.

i'd think Mithra actually get sidelined the most. like.. there wasn't even a Mithra spitewarden.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I always felt that Envy/Apathy was accidentally switched for Hume/Mithra. I would think Mithra are apathetic since they're freeswords/mercenaries and seem to not really care much about anything. I feel like Humes are envious since they would envy Taru's Intelligence, Galkan durability, Elvaan Strength and Mithran speed/agility/cunning. Trying to see how Mithras are envious or how humes are apathetic. Humes got involved in everything during their various skirmishes with San dOria, but Mithras are like bystanders in all of the Middle Land conflicts and they don't even have a country to call their own except for that Chieftainate to the far South.
    iirc the Bow of Light was a bad thing because all the mithra were so envious of its power that it resulted in total war over its possession (read: the Emptiness in the magicite brought out their Envy).

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

hey don't even have a country to call their own except for that Chieftainate to the far South
    My god how can your posts be wrong 100% of time? Mithra do have a matriarchate ruled by a queen to the far south...Elshimo isn't the far south, Olzhyria is.

Banned.

BG Level

the mithra are implied to have more than one country actually, yeah? gha naboh and zhwa are different countries

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It is never made clear wheather it's just an important place still part of Gha Naboh(we know it's not the capital though), or an independent country. There's also Tsahya in that continent which is subject to Aht Urhgan rule, so there are some interesting ties between the two empires.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

The problem is every expansion sorta assumes the player has never done any other expansion in an effort to avoid spoilers. Like CoP mentions the Archduke is busy so they never show him. To have a far east expansion and mention aht urghan heavily, would be problematic for SE. Also, there's a lot of loose ends with SoA, like they never mentioned any of the NPC's from WoTg that were of Adoulinian origin like Achetelle. I'm presuming be use she's a DRG, she's from the house of Hennetial. Also, she claims that Ulbuka has dragons/wyverns, yet we've only seen one. I was kinda hoping that Mount Khamir would be a last zone and would have a host of Wyrms/Dragons/Puks/Wyverns, and kind of be the antithesis of Ra'Kaznar(dragons vs demons). That way every major enemy type would have its own zone(Ra'kaznar is kinda undead/demon, Cirdas is likely the Amorph domain, with that giant leech thing probably being the naaku for darkness/amorphs. Saj is probably the "light/dragon" naakual, even though he isn't a naakual per se, he is of the same "stature", being an elementally aligned creature of great power in SoA. Either there is a zone with plentiful dragons to be released somewhere or they somehow all suddenly went extinct in the last 20 years. Curious plothole though.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seha View Post
    It is never made clear wheather it's just an important place still part of Gha Naboh(we know it's not the capital though), or an independent country. There's also Tsahya in that continent which is subject to Aht Urhgan rule, so there are some interesting ties between the two empires.
    You're mixing up Tsahya and Zhwa. Zhwa is the one under imperial rule. Naja's real last name is Zhwan, she's part of the royal family.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

No Tsayha is definetely under AU; it's where Mihli and the Assault girl whose name I can't remember come from to assassin people for revenge.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seha View Post
    No Tsayha is definetely under AU; it's where Mihli and the Assault girl whose name I can't remember come from to assassin people for revenge.
    Ah. Well then I guess they're both under imperial rule. The whole reason Naja starts the Sentinels is to prove her nation's worth to the Empress.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Priran View Post
    Ah. Well then I guess they're both under imperial rule. The whole reason Naja starts the Sentinels is to buy back her nation from the Empress.
    ftfy. This is why she doesn't pay us what we earn. Haja Zhwan (presumably Naja's Mom) probably became a mithran mercenary during the crystal war for the same reason.

And yeah Tsahya is also under Aht Urgan control.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I'm thinking that when Achtelle said what she did, she meant it in the sense that the dragoon profession was still alive in Ulbuka.. cos otherwise youre right, there are none.. and Saj'akka doesnt count afaict, since he was hiding anyway..

Perhaps they're dwelling in the lower parts of the zones that will be unlocked in a few days lol..

as for the mithra, their origins are much more complicated than other races.

Mithra hail from the continent of Olzhirya, which i presume includes Zhwa and Tsahya. At least in present day, theres more than 1 nation on it, as Zhwa has a monarchy and was subjugated by Aht Urhgan. I don't remember much of any reference made to Tsahya.. and the Gha Naboh Matriarchate was only mentioned first in WotG. It seems to be the main ruling nation where Mithra come from. Lehko comes from there, and i believe most of the Mithran mercenaries during the war did too.

lol thinking back to the stories, it seems like most mithra are related.

Yow Rabhtah is probably Lehko's mom. Lehko and Romaa have a kid.. Nanaa Mihgo
    all the mother and daughter pairs.. Nhev and Syuu, Perih Vashai and Semih Lahfina, Shikaree G and XYZ.
    then theres Haja, Koja and Naja...

ridiculously rich character lines to say the least lol

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

We should totally go south. *makes a petition thread like everyone does on official forums*

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I like that to this day people refer to Koja as a person and not just Naja in sunglasses.