Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 65 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    Campaign
    BG Level

FFXI Plot-holes and unclear issues

I hope this thread belongs in here, as much as I shouldn't post in this section, it's advanced information I'm talking about.
    I also know it may sound a bit... geeky to try to go this deep into the plot of a MMORPG, but here we go, with some questions I'm trying to answer just to recap a few things before WotG, I will organize questions and doubts with numbers.

Index
    1) How were the races of Vana'diel created?
    2) What About the Zilart?
    3) What about the Kuluu?
    4) Where is Al'taieu?
    5) What happened to Selt'heus?
    6) Who was the "cursed one"?
    7) What exactely are Kam'lanaut and Eald'narche trying to do?

1) How were the races of Vana'diel created?
    We read very different answers to this. On one side we have "the legend" that tells us about the 5 tears of Altana, and Promathia that creates monsters, creatures and Beastmen. But that's just it... a legend.
    What's the truth? I think that for some reasons Promathia died or wanted to die (the "Chains" were supposed to keep him from committing suicide I think?), to avoid Promathia dying completely, Altana "divided" their "divine" universe into a lower domain, splitting the Mothercrystal into 5 crystals, creating the universe we live in (the "dimension" where Vana'diel exists) and creating several races, putting a piece of Promathia in each of those races. But then what about the monsters? And what about the Beastmen?

They didn't exist before Altana split the crystal in 5, creating the same universe the Zilart too lived in. They used to be happy in that world until they "learned" the truth when Eald'narche synchronized with the crystal line touching one crystal, and understood that the universe used to be different, and hence starts their "plan" to reunify the universe into what it used to be before Altana created it splitting the mothercrystal in 5.
    Is this right? But how were the Zilart born?

3) What about the Kuluu?
    Kuluu are Zilart. From a certain point in time some "special" Zilart started to be born, such unblessed children didn't have what was a common gift for all zilart, the "Whisper of souls", an ability that allowed every zilart to communicate with any other zilart, sorta like all zilart had "linked" minds. Kuluu didn't have this gift, and couldn't read other's minds nor let others read theirs. Then someone appearently discovers the cause of this, which is the "emptiness" that corrupted Zilart's souls. And Emptiness is usually referred as the "physycal manifestation of Promathia's will to die" if I recall. So Yve'noille starts to think about developing a system to "cleanse" kuluus of the emptiness affecting them, making them into zilarts once again.
    To do this they use that strange cube also called "the eye of altana" and the Chamber of purification or whatever it's called.
    They succeed in purifying Esha'ntarl (which in change becomes an immortal Zilart, a non-aging one, just like Kam'lanaut and Eald'narche who touched the protocrystal) and probably many more but not the poor Nag'molada. Still, there is a counter effect to this purification process that Yve'noille didn't think about, but... then it gets confusing? What was this countereffect? An Emptiness overload somewhere? And what is Yve'noille trying to do in Al'Taieu? She tried to absorb/stop all the emptiness which was taken from the Kullu with the Chamber of purification? I don't get it, it's confusing.

4) Where is Al'taieu?
    Legends say it was sunk under the sea, but actually I think that what Selth'eus (or someone else? I don't remember...) did was just send Al'Taieu to another dimension, together with the 5th crystal, so that the procedure to merge together the crystals could never be tried again. Somehow a "link" between these dimensions appear (the red pillar we see when we take airship from Sealion's Den). Probably it appears when someone tries to operate Delkfutt doing experiments, and hence reactivates the crystal line, allowing Selth'eus to "escape" from Al'taieu through the crystal line.
    But... shouldn't the "teleportation" of the crystal to another dimension have stopped the crystal line? So how come the 5th crystal is still connected?
    And also... why was the 5th crystal in Al'Taieu? Shouldn't it have been in a Crag, just like the other ones? (Dem, Mea, Holla and Fei'yin, dunno which the 5th was supposed to be)

5) What happened to Selt'heus?
    So yeah, he became some sort of "half-living" immortal, but how? Absorbing Emptiness? Banishing himself with Al'taieu/5th crystal to another dimension? Merging with Phoenix? What happened exactely to prince Selt'heus? And prince of what? Weren't the leader of the Zilart people Eald'narche and Kam'lanaut?

6) Who was the "cursed one"?
    It's the body supposed to be the reincarnation or new body-host of Promathia (whom I'm having troubles to understand if he's dead or kept in a "suspension" state by Altana who divided his "essence" to create the people of Vana'diel, but if that's so, what or who is the "body" we see in chains, inside Al'Taieu? x_X). Ok, but who is supposed to be that?
    The child that would be born on Vana'diel, the one Esha'ntarl (Mildaurion) has been looking for.
    Was it really Prishe? Because in some cut-scenes we get hints that the real "chosen one" is our own character. In some other cut-scenes you get a hint that there is no such thing as a "cursed one" and that it's just a legend (actually, a thing that Fenrir told Mildaurion, if I recall).
    Prishe was just a normal girl, who becomes "special" when they try to seal the emptiness inside of her, thinking that only her has emptiness, and not knowing that there is a part of emptiness inside each living being.
    When they use the Eye of Altana on her, they crystalize her emptiness, suspending her from time, and making her an "immortal". Right? But how long has she lived? A few hundred years?
    This "cursed one" thing is cloudy to me...

So they are the leaders of the zilart people, they build the Crags to channel the Crystals power into a single point (Delkfutt Tower) which will be used to fully power the device called "Tu'Lia", the flying island supposedly used to control all that energy, and make the 5 crystals merge together again into the original mother crystal, hence destroying the "dimension" they live in, and recreating the original dimension (i.e., "opening the gates of paradise", the realm of the gods where Altana and Promathia used to live happily among flowers and happy animals smiling all day long).
    So they plan all that mischievous thing to "create" the Shadow Lord, and then make people of Vana'diel fight among each other to make his hate stronger, and then use it at their own interest.
    They needed it to... uhm... activate Delkfutt Tower and repeat what they were trying to do 10.000 years ago, i.e. fully activating Tu'Lia?
    But... why did they need the power of a being such as the Shadow Lord? I mean, why did they need to create it? And why Verena?
    And most than all... how the hell can they still activate Tu'Lia when 1 crystal is disconnected from the crystal line (Fei'Yin), one crystal is in another dimension (Al'Taieu), and the 3 other crystals (Dem-Holla-Mea) have problems and leaks in the crystal line (as we see from rank 4 missions).
    I don't understand what were they hoping to do with such a faulty system...

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Re: FFXI Plot-holes and unclear issues

Not sure whether you have checked it out already but there is an entire sub-forum (off advanced) that talks about the history and such of Vanadiel... Might be a good place for this stuff.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia
    Not sure whether you have checked it out already but there is an entire sub-forum (off advanced) that talks about the history and such of Vanadiel... Might be a good place for this stuff.
    You're right I guess, I will ask a moderator to move, thanks for the suggestion.

What was this countereffect? An Emptiness overload somewhere? And what is Yve'noille trying to do in Al'Taieu? She tried to absorb/stop all the emptiness which was taken from the Kullu with the Chamber of purification?
    The countereffect was that all the emptiness they draw out of countless Kuulu allowed Promathia to step into the world again. Yve'noile realized that on one hand her plan in purifying the Kuulu of their emptiness was successful, but on the other hand it would destroy the world in the long run. That's why she mentioned that she betrayed (the will of) Altana in one of the CoP CSs.

But... shouldn't the "teleportation" of the crystal to another dimension have stopped the crystal line? So how come the 5th crystal is still connected?
    It's a paradox. The crystal was drawn to another dimension and Al'Taieu is inside the crystal (it was drawn into the crystal because the Zilart King activated its defense systems when Bahamut attacked). Somehow the conection to the crystal line was not completely stopped.

why was the 5th crystal in Al'Taieu? Shouldn't it have been in a Crag, just like the other ones? (Dem, Mea, Holla and Fei'yin, dunno which the 5th was supposed to be)
    Crags are Dem, Mea, Holla, Vhazel and Al'Taieu. Fei'Yin was just a command center. Think of it as a palace for the two zilartian princes, that were in charge of the whole "open the gates to paradise" operation.

So they plan all that mischievous thing to "create" the Shadow Lord
    They didn't create the Shadow Lord. The Shadow Lord was most likely created by the celestial Avatar Odin. Currently Odin and Alexander are the only celestial Avatars (gods) that woke from their slumber. But both can't exist in this world without a "vessel". While Odin seeks out strong knights with a lot of anger and hatred in them, Alexander seeks out powerful, artificial Giants.

why did they need the power of a being such as the Shadow Lord?
    They needed the opposite. They needed the Shadow Lord to go away, because his presence created too much "noise" for the Crystalis Core of Delkfutt to be reactivated. That's why they helped the races of Altana to kill him.

Originally the system was created to gather enough light from all the crystals to merge them all into one again. The sabotage done by the Kuulu and all the damage to the system did not destroy it. Maybe it just took way longer (the 10.000 years between the meltdown and the systems reactivation) to gather enough light to activate it. Nevertheless, the Zilart are convinced that the system will work, but that doesen't mean it actually will.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

this would go in elmers history thread if elmer wrote it, for now its fine where it is, if elmer wants we can move it

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raze Azrael
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

Quote Originally Posted by Zak
    why was the 5th crystal in Al'Taieu? Shouldn't it have been in a Crag, just like the other ones? (Dem, Mea, Holla and Fei'yin, dunno which the 5th was supposed to be)
    Crags are Dem, Mea, Holla, Vhazel and Al'Taieu. Fei'Yin was just a command center. Think of it as a palace for the two zilartian princes, that were in charge of the whole "open the gates to paradise" operation.
    iirc the Vazhl crag was in Fei'yin/Pso'xja (or are the two completely unrelated?) i thought Delkfutt was the command center and Al'Taeiu was the palace D: then i could be completely wrong... so correct me if i am xD

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs
    So they are the leaders of the zilart people, they build the Crags to channel the Crystals power into a single point (Delkfutt Tower) which will be used to fully power the device called "Tu'Lia", the flying island supposedly used to control all that energy, and make the 5 crystals merge together again into the original mother crystal, hence destroying the "dimension" they live in, and recreating the original dimension (i.e., "opening the gates of paradise", the realm of the gods where Altana and Promathia used to live happily among flowers and happy animals smiling all day long).
    So they plan all that mischievous thing to "create" the Shadow Lord, and then make people of Vana'diel fight among each other to make his hate stronger, and then use it at their own interest.
    They needed it to... uhm... activate Delkfutt Tower and repeat what they were trying to do 10.000 years ago, i.e. fully activating Tu'Lia?
    But... why did they need the power of a being such as the Shadow Lord? I mean, why did they need to create it? And why Verena?
    And most than all... how the hell can they still activate Tu'Lia when 1 crystal is disconnected from the crystal line (Fei'Yin), one crystal is in another dimension (Al'Taieu), and the 3 other crystals (Dem-Holla-Mea) have problems and leaks in the crystal line (as we see from rank 4 missions).
    Naturally, plenty of spoilers below.

Not going to address the other points, but you seem to be very confused regarding the RotZ story. The Zilart did not build the crags for the purpose of reopening the Gates of the Gods.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZM4
    Deep beneath Vana'diel rest five enormous crystals, all more powerful than any force on this planet. The Zilart used that power to develop their civilization.
    The five arks, also known as crags, tap the crystals of their power...
    The Crystal Lines tie the arks...
    And Delkfutt's Tower [and Fei'Yin] controls the flow of energy...
    However this was only the beginning. They had other plans for the power of the crystals.
    The Gate of the Gods...
    It is said that bringing the power of the five crystals together will open the gate to the heavens and transform Vana'diel into a paraside for the gods.

The Gate of the Gods--the floating island of Tu'Lia--was constructed, and the Zilart's plan was put into motion.
    When the Ku'Luu destroyed the northermost ark the crystal lines were overloaded from the discharge of energy and the northlands were decimated including the Fei'Yin control center, as well as disabling much of Delkfutt's functions.

The brothers did not create the Shadow Lord, and his purpose was not to aid their cause, quite the opposite in fact. The Shadow Lord's existence created "noise" in the crystal line preventing the brothers from using Delkfutt to focus the power of the crystals and activate Tu'Lia.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZM8
    Eald'narche: To open the gate, the regeneration of the Chrysalis Core was necessary. However, the unexpected arrival of that Raogrimm character interfered with the crystals' power. His existence created too much "noise". Luckily for me, you people succeeded in defeating the Shadow Lord, causing the noise to disappear. My plan took a turn when I realized that Raogrimm was a Talekeeper. I could utilize the long lost "memories of the ancients" to regenerate the Chrysalis Core.
    What he carried was not in his mind, but in his blood. If I were to obtain a part of him I could use it instead of having to rely on my useless brother.
    Aldo: But even if you did have it, you wouldn't be able to use it on your own!
    Eald'narche: Yes, you are right. That is where your sister Verena comes in. The soul of your younger sister resonates with the souls of the beastmen. Only she can communicate with them. I plan to use her ability to unlock the "memories of the ancients" and project them into Delkfutt's Tower, thus regenerating the Chrysalis Core and opening the path to Tu'Lia.
    As Zak said, Al'taieu is a paradox and is still connected to the Crystal Line despite its dimensional shift. While Vhazl's crag was destroyed, the crystal still exists and is connected to the line. The "leaks" in Mea, Holla, and Dem are actually the "noise" in the Crystal Line. Remember who gives us the Rank 4 mission?

They didn't exist before Altana split the crystal in 5, creating the same universe the Zilart too lived in. They used to be happy in that world until they "learned" the truth when Eald'narche synchronized with the crystal line touching one crystal, and understood that the universe used to be different, and hence starts their "plan" to reunify the universe into what it used to be before Altana created it splitting the mothercrystal in 5.
    Is this right? But how were the Zilart born?
    They existed before Altana split the crystals. They lived and played with the gods in paradise and became disgusted with their imperfect forms when Vana'diel was created. most likely the Zilart's true form are Aerns. In real religion God made Angels to be his messangers and they were made in his likeness. Promathia is a big Aern, so it's safe to assume the Aerns are his Angels, which one can surmise are the Zilart. The Zilart are perfect beings harboring no imperfections. When the crystal was split they were slammed onto Vana'diel with mortal bodies and probably lost their recollection of the past.

The Empyrial Paradox:

Where is the 5th Mothercrystal, that which is an inherent and essential part of Vana'diel's existence?
    -It lies in the basement of Celestial Capital of the Zilart.
    Where might that be?
    -It sank to the bottom of the Sea of Shumeyo and then the Defense system setup by the Zilart transported the Castle,Crystal and everything in the immediete vicinity (including flaura and fauna) inside the crystal itself.
    Therefore the crystal is in the castle, and the castle is inside the crystal.

All souls are born from one of the five mother crystals, including the 5 races. The 5th race, the Galka were born from the Al'teiu mother crystal after it was translocated. This is why Galka are not born/die of old age, they only die when killed in battle or of some sickness, they are relatively ageless as they reincarnate. They have no mother crystal to return to thus when they die in battle, their souls probably go stagnant and become Empties.

A. Body
    BG Level

For the record, an unknown fact is not the same as a plot hole.

A plot hole is something like "Why didn't the send the most advanced terminator to kill Sarah Conner instead of the first model?" Something that just makes no fucking sense if you follow the narrative. All you have here are things that you didn't know or that have not yet been explained, but still mesh with the story.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orinthia Warsong
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I remember something about that mysterious amulet thing being a device for zilart to gain back their Whisper of Souls. Kuluu were the normal ones, the zilarts came about without the whisper of souls and so they made the amulets. One of the earlier CoP cutscenes I think... been a while so maybe I remembered wrong.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by orinthia
    I remember something about that mysterious amulet thing being a device for zilart to gain back their Whisper of Souls. Kuluu were the normal ones, the zilarts came about without the whisper of souls and so they made the amulets. One of the earlier CoP cutscenes I think... been a while so maybe I remembered wrong.
    It didn't actually give them back the Whisper of Souls. I believe it just allowed non-Zilart to communicate telepathically with Zilart (like Priche with Esha'ntarl).

The Zilart King gave out the amulets to the Kuulu to read their minds and have them under control, because they were growing quite strong. He also sealed the capital only to be opened to a select few every 100 years.
    The Kuulu then found a way to secretly communicate and set their sabotage plan into motion.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordshin
    iirc the Vazhl crag was in Fei'yin/Pso'xja (or are the two completely unrelated?) i thought Delkfutt was the command center and Al'Taeiu was the palace D: then i could be completely wrong... so correct me if i am xD
    Actually... I thought the same while reading the explanation.
    Wasn't Delkfutt the "control center" of the Crystal Line system?

Quote Originally Posted by LD
    For the record, an unknown fact is not the same as a plot hole.
    Such an useful post! XD
    Of course Mr. Obvious, what you say is right, but it's easy to define what is a plot-hole and what is not, when you perfectly know how things have gone.
    It's different when you have doubts and things you don't perfectly remember (but you think you do), from that wicked point of view, some things may seem as plot holes while instead, after a full explanation (like some of those I just received in this thread) they are not

So once again, thanks to Zak, Xanthe and SeraphusRagnarok for all the very interesting replies they blessed me with. This has been very much apreciated guys, thanks for your time!!

Sagacious Sundi

The Vazhl Crag was about where Zvahl currently is. The glowyness in front Zvahl is indeed from the Vahzl crystal. I'm not sure if Fei'Yin even connects to the Crystal Line (it might have just been a Zilartian city).

Quote Originally Posted by Sagacious Sundi
    The Vazhl Crag was about where Zvahl currently is. The glowyness in front Zvahl is indeed from the Vahzl crystal. I'm not sure if Fei'Yin even connects to the Crystal Line (it might have just been a Zilartian city).
    I was a bit wrong there imo, but Xanthe explained it.
    Vazhl Crag was most likely where Zvahl is and blew up when the meltdown occured (there is still access to the crystal via Pso'xja and its crystal line is still active too though). Al'Taieu was the capital and if it had a crag, it must have vanished when it all turned into a paradox. Delkfutt was the reactor that powered Al'Taieu and Tu'lia. Fei'jin was the control center.

http://projectgraviton.blogspot.com/

http://bp0.blogger.com/_lQaV9JI3u2E/...ystal_line.jpg

Maybe we should have someone translate the writing in this picture to clear it up. 8)

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

http://projectgraviton.blogspot.com/

http://bp0.blogger.com/_lQaV9JI3u2E/...ystal_line.jpg

Maybe we should have someone translate the writing in this picture to clear it up. 8)
    From the top, reading left to right (JP text edited in and changed some of the wording):

Tu'Lia?(tu'ria ??•??)
    [Rock] Crystal Line Diagram (suishou ra-in no zuhyou ????????)
    Ru'Aun (ru'an ?•??)
    Gate of the Gods (kamikami no kan ????)
    Ru'Avitau (ru'abitau ?•????)
    Ve'Lugannon Palace (bue'ruganon kyuuden ??•??????)

La'Loff (ra'rofu ?•??)
    Defenders of the Crystal (zuhyou no hogoyuu ??????)
    Galka (garuka ???)
    Mithra (misura ???)
    Hume (hyuumu ????)
    Elvaan (erubwaan ??????)
    Tarutaru (tarutaru ????)

Delkfutt?(derukufu ????)
    Crag (Tower) of Dem?(demu no tou ????)
    Al'Taieu?(aru'tau ??•??)
    Crag of Holla?(hora no tou ????)
    Crag of Vhazl?(bwazu no tou ?????)
    Crag of Mea?(mea no tou ????)

Campaign
    BG Level

Thanks for the replies and the comments. I completed CoP and RotZ around the end of 2005, so I don't remember a lot of things, and many others I never really completely understood.
    It's very interesting to discuss this way about this wonderful plot!
    A few more things running around in my mind:

Index
    1) Zilarts and their long-lasting sleep
    2) Selh'teus
    3) The Eye of Altana
    4) Altana, the Mothercrysta and the truth behind legends
    5) Promathia and his Rebirth
    6) Prishe and the "Keeper of the Apocalypse"
    7) The Ruins of Alzadaal
    8) Raogrimm and the 4th Protocrystal

Appearently, when the big mess happened 10.000 years ago, Al'Taieu was "banished" to the sea by someone, with that "someone" being Bahamut if I recall, right? And the Zilart fell into a deep slumber. Those sealed away in Al'Taieu probably, over the course of 10.000 years, changed their aspect/form/existance (and became flying essences, or Aerns, the form they probably were before the mother crystal was split in 5, as someone already theorized).
    Did the 2 brother fell into sleep too, and awake by the "disturbance" generated by the Birth of the Shadow Lord? I think Esha'ntarl (Mildaurion) was probably the only Zilart who didn't fell asleep, and continued to roam for millenia, waiting for Fenrir's profecy to come truth, am I right?

2) Selh'teus
    What really happened to Selh'teus? I don't remember how he can control the Emptiness and he stopped aging and then merged with a part of Phoenix.
    He was "sealed" in Al'taieu. He can move through the crystal line and while the crystal line was still intact, even for the 5th crsystal sealed away in another dimension, the crystal line system was "shut down".
    Some experiments done in Delkfutt Tower, under the supervision of the two brothers probably, "reactivted" the Crystal Line, and Selh'teus then managed to come back to Vana'diel "moving" through the crystal line, and hence from its transdimensional position in Al'Taieu, to Delkfutt Tower in Vana'diel, am I right?
    But who was Selh'teus? The "prince" of the Kuluu? I don't really remember all those cutscenes with him, Grav'iton, Nag'molada and Yve'noille.
    I just remember Nag'molada envyed him for some reason. Because he managed to get "purified" by Yve'noille's chamber of purification, and Nag'molada did not?

3) The Eye of Altana
    What exactely was the purpose of the "Eye of Altana"? That cube-shaped relic some priest used in Tavnazia to "Purify" Prishe?

4) Altana, the Mothercrysta and the truth behind legends
    Again, what's the real story behind the legends? How was this universe created?
    We know once there was a universe with the mothercrystal, which generated all life (Gods included probably). Altana, Promathia, Zilarts and probably Uggalepih were all living in there.
    At some point something happened... Promathia died? Or Promathia commited suicide?
    Altana to "save" him, or to "preserve" his essence decided to split the mothercrystal in 5 protocrystals, hence generating a new universe (Vana'diel is in here). She then created 5 new races, each one connected to one protocrystal, and each one of them connected to a "part" of Promathia.
    We are all sons of both Altana and Promathia, so we all have a light part (Altana) and an emptiness part (Promathia) inside of us. Trying to cleanse a being from Emptiness is wrong because emptiness is not only inside certain cursed beings, but inside all of us.
    Things are different for beastmen (Goblins?) which only have Emptiness inside, and no light.
    Am I getting something wrong? Please correct me.

5) Promathia and his Rebirth
    Why was Promathia trying to be reborn? Legends say about a new "vessel" (body) for his essence that would be born for him in Vana'diel. Fenrir's prophecy to Esha'ntarl was more or less this one.
    Why did he need another "vessel"? Didn't he already have a physical vessel (sealed) which Yve'noille created by mistake, by gathering too much "Emptiness" from the Kuluu, using the chamber of purification?

What about Prishe? Up to a certain degree the plot makes you believe that she is the "Cursed one", the "Keeper of the Apocalypse", the being supposed to be the reincarnation of Promathia, and she was cursed with "Emptiness". Then you find out that every being has emptiness inside, and not only her, so you come to think that it was just a stupid legend.
    Then there is a cut-scene where it seems that in truth, the real one supposed to be the reincarnation of Promathia is you (the player).
    Am I missing something?
    What really happened to Prishe? Someone used the Eye of Altana on her to "seal" away the Emptiness inside, making her an "incomplete" being, and hence not aging? If that's so the same thing would probably happen on any other being the Eye of Altana is used on.
    How many centuries do you think Prishe has lived?

7) The Ruins of Alzadaal
    In some other place I saw them called the "Ruins of Alza'daal", with that ' which clearly points to a zilartian name.
    Do you think Alza'daal was in truth a Zilart that built the ruins centuries ago, using some reminiscence of Zilartian technology?
    Do you think SE had something like this in plan but then fell short on time and decided to cut ToAU plot and make it much more simple?

Do you think there is some connetion between the Vazhl Protocrystal and Raogrimm/Shadow Lord? I was thinking that maybe, while he was dying, he managed somehow to communicate/touch the crystal, and this contact gave him power and generated the Shadow Lord. Would it make sense?

Oh and about the think for Galka not aging/dying because of them being linked to the 5th protocrystal, the Al'Taieu one which is to another dimension and hence their souls cannot return to the crystal.
    It's an interesting and fascinating theory, but it doesn't completely make sense.
    Because if we theorize that Galka reincarnate only because their souls cannot go back to the crystal, then we could also say that they would NOT reincarnate, were the 5th protocrystal still on Vana'diel. And were it so, how would they manage to reproduce themselves, since they are genderless and reproduce through reincarnation instead than a sexual act?
    As much as I find this theory really beautiful, I think the Reincarnation/Reprodution thing of Galkas has nothing to do with the 5th protocrystal being in another dimension (We could also say that souls have no troubles in traveling through dimensions, actually).

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Al'Taieu dimensionally shifted because the Zilart King activated the city's self-defense mechanism when Bahamut attacked. The result was drawing the entire region inside the crystal. Of course this is how the paradox forms because the crystal is also contained within the city. I am not sure how the brothers were put to sleep in Delkfutt. Perhaps another effect of the feedback in the crystal lines when the Crag of Vhazl was destroyed, since we can safely assume they were operating in Delkfutt at the time. Pretty much all of the remaining Zilart were destroyed and the Kuluu became Tonberries, though I'm not 100% sure of the fate of those in Al'Taieu. You've got the rest correct. The brothers awoke when Raogrimm came in contact with the Vhazl crystal, and Esha'ntarl was fated to watch Fenrir's prophesy play out.

3) The Eye of Altana
    The Eye of Altana was used to transform emptiness into magicite. I'd almost like to think of it as a more advanced and portable version of the Chamber of Eventide.

If I recall correctly, the Eye of Altana was accidentally used on Priche, sealing her emptiness as magicite. I assume that this is why she welcomes it back in the cutscene after the Snoll Tzar fight. We learn in the final cutscene in blueblade fell that the magicite/emptiness was what made her (and all of us) mortal. So yes, that is why she stopped aging. I don't believe she had been immortal for too long, as she and Ulmia grew up together as children in Tavnazia and Ulmia is still "in her prime".

That's exactly correct, as I stated above. Just as Elde'narche touched the crystal 10,000 years ago and gained great power, so did Raogrimm. That power combined with the collective rage of the Galkan race gave birth to the Shadow Lord. It can be assumed the pact made with the dark divinity found within the dark protocrystal was made soon after this event.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthe
    Al'Taieu dimensionally shifted because the Zilart King activated the city's self-defense mechanism when Bahamut attacked.
    Yes I didn't word my post good enough, but that's exactely what I meant.

Thanks for all the other clarifications
    When you think about all this wonderful plot and setting behind, it feels like a bit of a shame when you see how ToAU was so much "independent" from everything that came before =/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 65 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast