Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread

New Dev team interview from alla forums

..posted here:

http://blogs.gamersinfo.net/index.php/ffxi

Just got out of the interview with SE's dev team!

I'm just going to dump everything here:

New Windower on Tuesday. "Will SE now start banning those using the 3rd party Windower and it's plug-ins?"

The veiled answer: No. They hope that everyone will start using the new official Windower, but if you use the 3rd party one for stuff such as the plug-ins, it will be at your OWN RISK.

Macros: 4000 new macro buttons. Same amount of macro lines for each button however.

Stuff like Bloodpace or JA timers: SE tried to modify the interface but failed on their first attempt, they're going to try again soon.

Dancer: Meant to be a front-line healer who can shoulder other jobs if need be. Dancer was meant to shine in parties of less than 6.

Scholar - Backline with JAs, not just magic. SE feels there wasn't enough backline people.

ABSOLUTE VIRTUE - Can be killed, SE intended to show a video at Fanfest, however they didn't have enough time to create it because AV simply takes too long to kill and they'd need people to stay overtime (laughs from dev team) to work on the video! They intend to post it.

And they hinted they would add an item to 'enfeeble AV'.

RELIC WEAPONS - New weaponskills are being added in the new expansion, and when they do so, they will go back and revamp the relic weapon skills to keep them the 'paragon' skills. When I asked this question, they took quite a bit of time to formulate a response, so it did definitely hit a nerve.

Updating FFXI for the new computer technology, Xbox 360 and PS3? No. Redoing character models and such would require too much resources.

Is WOTG the last expansion? No. SE wants to visit continents to the Far East, West, and the South.

We only had about 25 minutes with the team between myself, and reps from 1up, Joystiq and RPGsomething.. so didn't get to remotely ask all the questions.
    looks like some new interviews coming soon from those other sites also.
    The AV question is interesting. Also the Job abilities timers for window mode that they are working on.

Yay more expansions.

He posted a pic of himself /w dev team later in the thread so i dont think its a fake.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Re: New Dev team interview from alla forums

My bad please delete