Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

The Gathering Storm (The Reward Assault)

The Gathering Storm was the big reward for the Live Quest (FanFest07) has anyone tried that one yet? I will not be home for a few weeks, but im itchin to try it.

-Thx

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Re: The Gathering Storm (The Reward Assault)

This is the description of Vanafesta where it debuted:
    Adventurers had a chance to go all out on a horde of unruly beasts in a special Assault mission that planted parties right in the middle of the Mamool Ja Training Grounds.

The objectives for this mission were kept simple--take out as many monsters as you can in five minutes. To make it even more interesting, auto-refresh, auto-regen, and auto-TP restoration were given to all participants. This allowed players of all jobs to get down and get dirty with their weapons and spells of choice without having to worry about running out of MP or being KO'd--even the white mages were pulling off skillchains while performing their own MBs. From inexperienced novices, to hard-core veterans, there wasn't a single adventurer without a smile on his/her face after racking up a load of easy kills.

The original mission objectives required that 40 monsters be defeated in the five minutes, but most parties went above and beyond their call of duty, with one group pulverizing 89! That's almost 18 a minute!

Just as with Heroines' Combat, TGS Assault - The Gathering Storm is being readied for up and coming fanfests.
    http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/event/ ... dex_e.html

Banned.

BG Level

I don't understand this quite exactly. How does it activate?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Probably take a special assault key item to mamool ja training grounds and enter?

Anyone that went to TGS that also went to the anaheim fanfest that can compare the two assaults (TGS one and this one)?

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Its one of the 4 key items you get for completeing something called "Live Quest" at fanfest. Hero's combat, heroines combat, serpent general and this were handed out. Can only do it once per account but can bring in buddies, like a bcnm orb n'stuff.

Banned.

BG Level

Hmmm, key items? Weren't previous versions of this handled with actual items like BCNM orbs? Anyway, I'd really like it if I could get the names and all the details of these (key)items.

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Balls, your right, not key items. Just r/ex.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Yeah, the Hero's Combat one is a "Cordial Invite", R/EX, looks like that New Years Gift thing, with the paper & the red seal..
    Still have mine, scared to use it because I can't find any info on the real game version of the fight, and you only get one chance. (60 Cap? Subjob locked?)

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Everyone I talked to said its the same as the one at the fan fest .. except your not a lvl 60 galka red mage with 400 mp and no food or drinks =D