Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Salvage Section Discussion

Well since no1 has updated it in a while, time to make an total overhaul.

Finished:
    Standardized and Templated.

Re: Salvage?

Something like Salvage is huge enough that anyone can add to it, also the very last edit on the main page:
    http://wiki.bluegartr.com/Category:Salvage was for october so I'd say its more than safe to go ahead and add as much info as you want to. ty in advance!

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I was wondering about this a while ago too, and would like to get it fixed up so that we can have some finished pages.

Is there a template for salvage? I think that's the main thing that the salvage pages need right now; some sort of format so that information can be put in without it looking like a mess that's never gonna be fixed =x

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I'm sure we can work something out, ima see if I can get some people from the events forum to help out to the cause. I would love to have this done :D

I kinda like how http://wiki.bluegartr.com/Zhayolm_Remnants is worked out, and well I think should be pretty much how it should probably go

Code:
    --------------------------------
       Cell Chart    |
    _________________|    Map
                     |
      Info on        |
      Current Floor  |
                     |______________
    Update: Standardized the way things should look, now onto the information :D

Re: Salvage Section Discussion

that looks great Zarath! XD If theres anything I can do to help let me know

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Adding any information is helpful, or even making some maps is great. I am after all only one person :3

I'd help add info ; ; but I'm better at wiki code and junk and other menial nobody else wants to do it, kinna work ><;; coz I've done 1 salvage and then I proceeded to decide I was too lazy to do more of it XD so Dynamis and Salvage info is like no no for me XD. I'll however go through at a later period and check any 'red links' and see if i can fill in basic information that's too menial if that'd help then you can do all the important bits!

everything looks great! gonna prod my ls mates who do salvage to visit that now XD

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aquelia
    I'd help add info ; ; but I'm better at wiki code and junk and other menial nobody else wants to do it, kinna work ><;; coz I've done 1 salvage and then I proceeded to decide I was too lazy to do more of it XD so Dynamis and Salvage info is like no no for me XD. I'll however go through at a later period and check any 'red links' and see if i can fill in basic information that's too menial if that'd help then you can do all the important bits!

everything looks great! gonna prod my ls mates who do salvage to visit that now XD
    And thank the 5 hour SE update for my free time to get as much of it done too XD

I appreciate that you cleaned up the stuff I entered for Silver Sea Remnants. One thing I don't understand though, you altered the actual content on a number of lines, like for instance Inertia Stream "omnidirectional magic damage that wipes shadows and binds" was changed to the less informative "AoE damage and Bind". Is there such a thing as too much information in a writeup like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram
    I appreciate that you cleaned up the stuff I entered for Silver Sea Remnants. One thing I don't understand though, you altered the actual content on a number of lines, like for instance Inertia Stream "omnidirectional magic damage that wipes shadows and binds" was changed to the less informative "AoE damage and Bind". Is there such a thing as too much information in a writeup like that?
    Omnidirectional is kinda wordy, lol. Wiping shadows is an important fact. The fact that the damage is magic-based is important too.

We need to standardize on terms, really.
    AoE = circular AoE based on mob
    target AoE = circular AoE based on target
    conic AoE = cone/line attack
    breath-cone AoE = fafnir-breath style cone, where damage falls off at the edge of the cones

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Quote Originally Posted by Suiram
    Omnidirectional is kinda wordy, lol. Wiping shadows is an important fact. The fact that the damage is magic-based is important too.

We need to standardize on terms, really.
    AoE = circular AoE based on mob
    target AoE = circular AoE based on target
    conic AoE = cone/line attack
    breath-cone AoE = fafnir-breath style cone, where damage falls off at the edge of the cones
    Ah good point on the shadows, and yea I'm standardized all the boss descs as:
    -normal chariot move
    -special move
    -solutions to special moves if applicable.

For inertia stream I'm unsure if it's magical or not, since fanatics nulls it entirely, which leads me to believe it's physical =S.

Is there such a thing as too much information in a writeup like that?
    Originally, it was a word block vs what it is now, which was the method used in 80% of what was already written, kinda destroying the conformity of how the information is being presented. Words like omnidirectional is also bleh, as it's a term not commonly used in MMOs and AoE is

It's magical.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

It's magical.
    Then why does Fanatic's drink work against it? >_> I don't understand, haha

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    It's magical.
    Pretty much my reasoning lol, I thought it was magical but fanatics works against it which is an immunity to physical damage :S dam SE and their weird logic

Sorry I haven't been able to attend to this topic since I posted earlier. I think the prevailing theory is that fanatics drink works against physical hits and any weaponskills, regardless of the damage type of the WS, whereas fools drink only prevents against actual spells. Someone can dispute this if I'm wrong though, although my own experience seems to coincide with this as well. Also I like aurik's suggestion on the area damage terminology standards.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I offered to do the maps a long ass time ago, and I can still work on them. I can't, however, put as much time into them as I could when I originally posted, as real-life owns me.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche
    I offered to do the maps a long ass time ago, and I can still work on them. I can't, however, put as much time into them as I could when I originally posted, as real-life owns me.
    np, I'm hoping to finish the rest of the text and stuff this weekend, hopefully :D

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Zarath
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    It's magical.
    Pretty much my reasoning lol, I thought it was magical but fanatics works against it which is an immunity to physical damage :S dam SE and their weird logic
    You can't blink it, -damage taken gear affects none of it, Shell affects damage taken from it.

Fanatics/Fools drink is a horrible example of trying to determine if something is physical or magical, because the way a fools drink works as the only type of "magic damage" it understands is a spell, like firaga/thundaga etc, wheras fanatics treats every tp move as physical.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I have added two quick reference charts to the Salvage front page. One for cells and one for temporary items. They are currently stacked on each other, and I thought they would look better side by side (shortens the page and groups the information). I am not good enough at wiki editting to know how to put the charts side by side, is there anyone that could do that for me?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree
    I have added two quick reference charts to the Salvage front page. One for cells and one for temporary items. They are currently stacked on each other, and I thought they would look better side by side (shortens the page and groups the information). I am not good enough at wiki editting to know how to put the charts side by side, is there anyone that could do that for me?
    Tables look nice.

Is this what you had in mind?