+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 72 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Campaign discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Re: Campaign discussion

did anyone else's server get owned in areas controlled today?; we have sandy 3, bastok 4, windy 5 and beastmen 9

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Asura beastmen are in control of 13 area's. Are people fucking happy now that they nerfed the NPC's and buffed the mobs to kingdom come? God forbid there's a casual way to gain xp in this game...

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hirokei Kiaza
    Asura beastmen are in control of 13 area's. Are people fucking happy now that they nerfed the NPC's and buffed the mobs to kingdom come? God forbid there's a casual way to gain xp in this game...
    Mobs were too weak and NPCs were too strong, fact. Like typical SE though, the solution is obviously to reverse it so that the mobs are too strong and NPCs are too weak. *rolls eyes*

Yeah it's crazy now. TBH they could have simply decreased the NPC's damaging power and increased the mob's HP and all would be fine but let's be realistic, when was the last time SE made a level-headed, fine-tuning adjustment. It's all or none with them, /9,000 or *9,000. *sigh*

Edit: almost forgot, sandy3 bastok2 windy2 beast14 on fairy

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

/sigh. This campaign week on Lakshmi starts off with 2 Sandy zones, 4 Bastok, and 6 Windurst. Rest, of course, beastmen controlled. San d'Oria only controls East Ronfaure and Southern San d'Oria.

I appreciate SE trying to make campaign more of a challenge, but they gotta tone it down a bit.

A. Body
    BG Level

Actually, it's perfect now, the mobs aren't so weak that they're killed too quickly, like they were right after the update, but they're weak enough that they need a bit of support to take a zone. 1 on 1, the NPCs can still kill an enemy squad, but that's evened out by the reinforcements that the enemy tends to send, so players need to engage in the content to gain and hold most zones.

The low number of zones we have control of now is more due to the day or so the NPCS were super weak, so we lost a lot more ground than we would have otherwise. Now that the NPCs are beefed up a little, things are turning around, even if we lost lots of territory.

Actually, it's your server.

Ragnarok is 4/4/2 for the Allies, rest beastman controlled- and Bastok was the only real case of collapse. It was close in a few regions, runaway losses in others. Bastok just wasn't putting up the fight the other two nations did- IMHO, it points out the same relative weaknesses Bastok's units have vs. the other two nations.

I think next tally will be a better indicator. Things are all over the range thanks to the double switches in NPC firepower/HP this week.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Asura just had a single 5+ hour campaign, Waffles told me to come out after 3 hours there and I stayed for two more, made 10K in my time before it ended as 68 SAM :/

edit: was Grauberg btw.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

On garuda Saruba S is the only windy region not taken, so the beastmen are relentlessly attacking it, yesterday we had 2 3+ hour campaigns where we had killed the same NMs like 3-4 times for each yagudo group, a Kaiser Behemoth came (spammed thunderbolt) and Shadowhand came twice, shadownhorn once. This being the only not beastman zone in the continent they really are relentlessly attacking it. I noticed Ouzi the swiftblade has infinite tp, but uses Meikyo Shyushi (sp) just so he can go kirin mode and spam WSs (he readies it like a WS, like AV does as opposed to a regular 2-hour is just used,) also the brd nm can gain a titanic attack boost from howl and soul voice + attack songs and hit me as a 72 smn for 1736 on a regular hit (i've seen 1000-1700 sweeps during this mode.)

Also the NMs seem to run flee speed whenever they feel like it.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by LD
    Actually, it's perfect now, the mobs aren't so weak that they're killed too quickly, like they were right after the update, but they're weak enough that they need a bit of support to take a zone. 1 on 1, the NPCs can still kill an enemy squad, but that's evened out by the reinforcements that the enemy tends to send, so players need to engage in the content to gain and hold most zones.

The low number of zones we have control of now is more due to the day or so the NPCS were super weak, so we lost a lot more ground than we would have otherwise. Now that the NPCs are beefed up a little, things are turning around, even if we lost lots of territory.
    Aye, we're forced to use NPCs more strategically, keep other players in mind instead of leaving them in the dirt when they get KO'd, and honestly, campaign battles are now, in the words of an LS mate, "fucking epic." Unlike the previous incarnation, PCs actually feel as though they're actively contributing to the cause now.

I just wish they'd tone down the damage of some of the NMs just a tad.

Silent Oil body rubs
    BG Level

Goblins in campaign, lead by the red armor goblin called Boodlix.
    This is new to me.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...nscampaign.jpg

A. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kabbalah
    Aye, we're forced to use NPCs more strategically, keep other players in mind instead of leaving them in the dirt when they get KO'd, and honestly, campaign battles are now, in the words of an LS mate, "fucking epic." Unlike the previous incarnation, PCs actually feel as though they're actively contributing to the cause now.

It is impossible for me to agree with this more. I still remember the first seige on Grauberg after the retally, it was amazing. The push push push forward and the deluge of enemy reinforcements killing everyone and pushing us back. Recovery, holding the line, stalling, diversions, and finally the full power of a united army, PC & NPC, decimating the enemy in a rising tide of humanity, crashing against the fortress like a tsunami. If it had a hole, I'd fuck it.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

It is impossible for me to agree with this more. I still remember the first seige on Grauberg after the retally, it was amazing. The push push push forward and the deluge of enemy reinforcements killing everyone and pushing us back. Recovery, holding the line, stalling, diversions, and finally the full power of a united army, PC & NPC, decimating the enemy in a rising tide of humanity, crashing against the fortress like a tsunami. If it had a hole, I'd fuck it.

I agree! People are even using the terrain to their advantage now. In west saruta we are trying to hold it from the beastmen. Now, to the west where there are a few big rocks, we hide and wait there. Normally we let the NM slide by for the npcs to take care of/hold off on. We, then filter into the enemies ranks and prevent them from joining their leader.

it is indeed epic :D

Yesterday, a double wave of Yagudo was coming in at West Saruta from Giddeus. The NM's got ahead, so I ended up Chain-sleepgaing most of the back lines, letting the two NPC defenders + PC's give them a very warm reception.

Over a dozen angry MNK and SAM Yagudo later was a Reraise moment, but it was worth it- the NM's dropped quick with two defending units focused on them, reinforcements (I've noticed new unit members will spawn mid-battle now) for the defending units popped in. Just as that stabilized, a third Yagudo unit rushed in, and Gairi's bunch got tossed in about the same time.

Utter, beautiful chaos. Oh, and another merit point 2300 points later.

(Tip: Now that recon levels are high enough, you know which direction enemy units are incoming. In West Saruta from the Giddeus side, this means you can set up near the Sprites, which seriously helps. Automatic Raisers and Cures!)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Really? Because every time I run by a campaign, I see a bunch of dead players on the ground. Seems like a bunch of enemies decimating the players and NPCs and no one feeling like raising anyone.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Faffy and Kaiser Behemoth showed up in the same campaign today <3 Epic Karugo-Narugo, got like 3k limit points off of it.

POIDH:

Looks like a normal NPC
    Turns into this when she aggros
    Yes, she flails.
    Kaiser Behe

A. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus

Really? Because every time I run by a campaign, I see a bunch of dead players on the ground. Seems like a bunch of enemies decimating the players and NPCs and no one feeling like raising anyone.
    Not to be a dick, but people help each other more on my server. I took some artistic licence with that line, but the point is shit is more challenging and fun with a lot more potential for more epicness.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine
    Edit: Now that i actually look at the choices, I'm not sure what would fall under "technology" as they called it. There's weapons production or development, or stronghold outfitting, shit is confusing.
    Before the version update, each choice corresponded to 1 Campaign Op and presumably the top choice Ops received higher quotas the following week. This probably hasn't changed much.

I think "technology" levels are either hidden (raised by certain Ops) or correspond to Morale and/or Prosperity.

just to clear a few things up about rank....im holyknight emblem. i did about 20k in campaign and 10 campaign ops and still wasnt able to get any new ranks. however during my evaluation it did not say i had the highest rank as of yesterday. It also allowed me to keep my current medal again not saying that "you currently already have the highest medal"

also wings and medals were added to wiki. So im guessing thats where the rest of 4th haube, IR etc set will come from.

assburgers
    BG Level

It never said you had the highest rank, just that the allied council did not feel they could give you a new medal.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rathe Vrilvor
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I think we just got a first taste of a Belfry here, looking back in the logs something spammed Protect, Haste and 200-300 cures to EVERYTHING around the tower in Meri. Most of my chat is filtered, but hot damm, if that's what a belfry does...

EDIT!
    Er, Mantelet. That's the AOE healing one, not the Belfry, that's the "reinforcements on demand" structure or something. Still haven't seen one of those.