BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Re: Dancer discussion

Well atleast I wont have to worry about competing with other people for good gear for dancer.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Well I have roughly 60% of what I'll need to be a good dancer @75, outside of new salvage/ein gear. I was hoping that they'd be able to use Homam, as since its good for thfs, it'd be wonderful for dancers... plus I'm 5/5.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan
    Dnc doesn't seem have access to any sky/homam/salvage gear, but has basic melee gear (unlike pup) like scorpion harness, assault jerkin, dusk, jaridah, amemet mantle, and foragers mantle. Can also use pahluwan gear from assault and denali from nyzle.

EDIT: Can't use any abjuration gear. No access to robes/cloaks/mage stuff for backup healing either, no verm, no errant, etc.
    What about barb. zerehs?

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah DNC can use that.

Looking at what DNC can wear for TP I guess its time to start spamming mamool ja and periqia assault.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Not sure if anyone (didn't see just now in a brief view of topic) explained the job. I got to play DNC at the fanfest and it was exTREMELY fun. Dances have like a 1 min cool time or so, and they are all based on TP as far as I could see. You used like 10tp here, 20tp there for different dances. You also have dance type Weapon skills, where you build up points on a monster for a "finishing move" type move on it. They had DNC/NIN setup for us at fanfest, and it was really quite a fun job. DNC can provoke (dance), MP/HP drain (dance), movement speed (dance), haste (dance), cure pty members (dance) etc etc etc. Very cool dances as well. The character I played was a hume female, and when I did the Chocobo Jig, she did a dance straight out of Riverdance, it was a hoot. We played a lvl 60 character, so not sure what things are like past that mark, and we only got about 15-20 minutes of play time.

not sure if they are going to adjust the job any, but when I had hate and had the Drain II dance on, my hits where enough to keep me at full HP while I was tanking (then again, only dancer's and Scholars were in the parties, so obviously DNC will tank). I can see them limiting any multi-hit weapons from dancer - i.e. ridill, because it would really be powerful I feel.

Overall, I liked this job much better as a main job, i'd use Scholar as a subjob if anything.

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

About the tanking thing, this has been on my mind for awhile (but I'm sure someone has said it somewhere). I really believe dancer has the potential to be a good tank when you can't find a NIN or PLD. DNC/NIN or even DNC/WAR, i think you could have a good way to keep hate in those parties, depending on how much hate the dances itself generate. Use the provoke flourish always, and if you subbed war, you have two provokes right there. It just seems like something I'd like to try out while leveling dancer (although my 4/4 -enmity merits probably wont help me out much there)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Problem is with dancer you have to build up tp for the first voke so to tank and not have any initial hate moves is painful. Even with /sam your not always gonna have tp at the start looks like /war to me for tanking.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

a dancer tank would be like a thf tanking in exp, sure you have the shadows and the evasion... but the provoke flourish isnt gonna save you when those blinks go down and your being hit by a very angry mob. I think the idea for the provoke flourish was an emergency voke.

I may be jumping the gun, but im gonna put this job under 'support classes' - id love a new tank job as much as the next person, but dancer just doesnt seem to be the next great tank.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by kenshyn
    Problem is with dancer you have to build up tp for the first voke so to tank and not have any initial hate moves is painful. Even with /sam your not always gonna have tp at the start looks like /war to me for tanking.
    Keep in mind that the TP needed to do the voke dance is what, 10%, 20%? If you're actually designated as the main tank, I don't see any reason why you wouldn't always strive to have at least that much left after each fight. Not to mention that, if you are dual wielding, thats really only going to take 1-2 attack rounds to build anyway.

Sure, it'd require some attention, but its not inconcievable. I don't think the job really gets access to any great tanking gear though, so it'd really be dependent on the drain attacks and how well you're able to keep yourself healed w/ the cure dances.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

It's going to suck early on since from the looks of it curing dances dont come till 15. Q_Q

don't most people solo till 20 at least anyways(most of the time at least)?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

dnc/mnk with bahamut hose ftw 8)

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Keep in mind that the TP needed to do the voke dance is what, 10%, 20%? If you're actually designated as the main tank, I don't see any reason why you wouldn't always strive to have at least that much left after each fight. Not to mention that, if you are dual wielding, thats really only going to take 1-2 attack rounds to build anyway.

Sure, it'd require some attention, but its not inconcievable. I don't think the job really gets access to any great tanking gear though, so it'd really be dependent on the drain attacks and how well you're able to keep yourself healed w/ the cure dances.
    Yeah of course at the very beginning of the party, it might start off a bit troublesome but once you get into it do you even remember the beginning? Im not saying Dancer will be an awesome tank to chose over Ninja or Paladin, but I think it'll be a good backup when you can't find anything else. SE also said Dancer shines in smaller parties, so they could probably fulfill two roles if you're trioing and anything like that (healer and tank)

Dancer tank will suck on Colibri, that is all.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Godlywargod
    don't most people solo till 20 at least anyways(most of the time at least)?
    If they did, dunes wouldn't be so packed.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Falisa
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier

Yeah of course at the very beginning of the party, it might start off a bit troublesome but once you get into it do you even remember the beginning? Im not saying Dancer will be an awesome tank to chose over Ninja or Paladin, but I think it'll be a good backup when you can't find anything else. SE also said Dancer shines in smaller parties, so they could probably fulfill two roles if you're trioing and anything like that (healer and tank)

Seeing how bad a puller can get torn up waiting a few attack rounds can be painful. I would hate it personally almost everyone will have to wait until the dancer got off a step then a flourish not sure how long they take vs say a provoke or a flash, a dancer tanking is gonna be interesting to say the least.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Godlywargod
    Dancer tank will suck on Colibri, that is all.
    Why? Cause it's hard for SE to make it so Colibri don't reflect Blue Magic, I mean dances?

Also, Dancer gets Rogetsurin. Assuming they get other chakrams. Either way, +1 agi in throwing lvl 15 doesn't hurt.

Edit: also some other r/e gear with DNC:

Galliard Trousers
    Assault Jerkin
    Master Caster Bracelets
    Master Caster Mitts
    Rutter Sabatons
    Volunteer's Khud

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The reason is because Colibri use Feather Tickle, and because it is a TP based job, it will suck to tank Colibri.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by akoru
    The reason is because Colibri use Feather Tickle, and because it is a TP based job, it will suck to tank Colibri.
    Oh yeah.

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

New WotG camps!? And who tanks at 75 merits?