FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Re: Dancer discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire
    Quote Originally Posted by akoru
    The reason is because Colibri use Feather Tickle, and because it is a TP based job, it will suck to tank Colibri.
    Oh yeah.
    If you hoard TP, yes, it would suck.
    If instead, you try to keep using TP as soon as you get it, and stock up on finishing moves to use with Reverse Flourish, then hit that right after Feather Tickle, it just might work.

Now, trying to stock moves/use flourishes against a mob with dispel, that may turn out to be nasty.

We wont really know until we start using Dancer in the field.

Failed Sex Ed
    BG Level

dnc can only voke once a minute?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I always thought that they were going to try to get people to sc agian until I read about dnc today.

This job will make meripo and nm tp burn easy. The best xp will be dnc, brd or cor, dd x 4. dnc can sub nin, do damage, enfeeble, cure the party without using mp, provoke when needed, enhance ws, ws, and stay under the effect of haste samba (be hasted, lol) then switch to drain samba when needed.

brd + cor would be like a co-pilot now. You may not even need rdm for good meripo with this, maybe why they said they want to get rdm to melee and give brd single-target songs.

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Oh something else i didnt see anyone else point out. It seems they've died down the dancer AF abit. Used to be a very bright red (about the color of the corsage) and now its more of a dull/deeper red

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v376/Katsie/dncaf.jpg

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Narualu
    DNC/MNK happens to have better h2h capabilities than PUP >_>
    And Destroyers too! No, really... they do.
    Destroyers is part of why they have better overall h2h.

DNC: D rating + acc bonus trait
    Destroyers
    Assault Jerkin or SH+1 (or maybe pahluwan if that ends up better, and yes i know pup gets that too)
    Dusk Gloves/Boots/Pants (+ Rutter Sabatons for ws)
    Cerb Mantle/Forager's

and at that point you don't really need to go on.

DNC also gets Frenzy Sallet, which is kind of weird. I wonder how much they can overcome the hp drain on it with their own hp drain?

Edit: Also gets:
    Strike Subligar
    Bahamut's Hose
    Muscle Belt
    Speed Belt

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by akoru
    The reason is because Colibri use Feather Tickle, and because it is a TP based job, it will suck to tank Colibri.
    Irrelevant. DNC consumes only a small amount of TP. Feather Tickle won't do shit in merit party, 30 sec dead anyway.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Some of DNC's gear is a deliberate slap to a PUP's face. I'm really curious on how they go about assigning what job gets what gear. Poor PUP's...
    So far DNC seems to be the shining job of the two from the expansion.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah, so far DNC seems like it can gear up to be a fairly decent melee. Looks like /NIN will be the standard.

I'm skeptical about the whole dancer for merripo, i mean if the dancer has a recast longer than 30 seconds and the actual buff is on the mob, not the pt itself.. wouldn't that mean you would need to recast haste samba on every single mob you fight?

I'm skeptical about the whole dancer for merripo, i mean if the dancer has a recast longer than 30 seconds and the actual buff is on the mob, not the pt itself.. wouldn't that mean you would need to recast haste samba on every single mob you fight?
    it looks it works this way:
    the dance is ON the dancer, so whoever the dancer hits recieve the debuff Endrain-ed (or Hastewhat, etc). then whoever (party member i guess) hits the mob with Endrain-ed will absorb HP from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomino
    the dance is ON the dancer, so whoever the dancer hits recieve the debuff Endrain-ed (or Hastewhat, etc). then whoever (party member i guess) hits the mob with Endrain-ed will absorb HP from it.
    Oh that's much better and a relief, i was worried.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by GaelWanderling
    Oh that's much better and a relief, i was worried.
    That also means they gave pet jobs some loving, since pets will hit the mob and gain those effects, too, if it works the way you described.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

That sounds about right, but I think it may be that whoever hits the mob with the debuff will actually get a buff for x seconds/minutes. Your description works well enough for Drain and Aspir, but the Haste effect may be a little more complicated, since by your theory, you'd have to get a little Haste effect that lasts until the next hit. Not even sure how that would work with spells.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I hope you guys know the provoke from Dancer can and will miss.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Zinnashin
    What makes you think this? The only provokes that miss are in Ballista, Brenner, and from Automatons.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    What makes you think this? The only provokes that miss are in Ballista, Brenner, and from Automatons.
    It's all based on Accuracy, if you have low accuracy dances and etc can miss.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    It's all based on Accuracy, if you have low accuracy dances and etc can miss.
    So Chocobo Jig and Spectral Jig will miss, too?

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Eat sushi or miss your mazurka/sneakvisible!

I am going to go out on a limb here, and I know this is pure theoretical speculation, but I think DNC/BRD could be a new staple in meripo. This would transform the ideal from 3melee, BRD, RDM, COR into 3 melee, BRD, COR, DNC.

Why?

I don't see Dancer having much issues with TP gain. I think the -15% delay from DW /NIN isn't THAT big of a deal. Though /NIN might be a necessity if Dancer does in deed generate a lot of hate from its samba and cure dances. I think /SAM is redundant as TP costs on dances seems to be rather low. What else would it sub? /WAR for Damage? That doesn't really seem to be its roll. /WHM for cures? It seems to already have those covered. Dancer seems pretty complete on the support roll it plays. It doesn't seem like its sub is going to play as an important role to Dancer as it does to say a WAR.

I do think that in a meripo situation, the ability to have 3 melees (+COR and Dancer damage) with 2 Rolls, 3 Songs, and a Samba will generate a lot of killing power. Not sure how /COR works but DRK roll is only 14.

Just an idea, would love to hear people's thoughts. And yes, I know its too early to tell, and yes this is pure speculation based off what little info we have.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

When was it confirmed Dances are based on Main hand skill/acc? I guess I missed that but people keep bringing it up and tbh unless you are an idiot and don't wear Acc gear that should never be a problem anyways. Seems kinda stupid to me that things like Haste Samba and Chocobo Jig would be based off your weapon acc.