Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62

Thread: Dancer discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Starless

Ok, so I'm thinking of making DNC my 3rd job to 75, mainly because I love playing the underdog classes in MMOs and having PUP and DNC at 75 fits that bill nicely. Did you all ever end up the tank in your party while you were leveling? Mainly pre-50 is what I'm wondering. I've always heard PUP and DNC can tank in dire situations. I did it on PUP leveling that to 75 every once in a while, and it kiiiinda worked. Does this happen to DNCs as well? Can you do it more than as a last resort, like actually pretty effectively if you choose the right gear?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

That highly depends on what you tank it with, they have incredibly HORRILBE VIT/DEF and there gear choices don't give them huge options, plus the shitty walz timers, as long as it's not something serious.

DNC tank

Quote Originally Posted by Starless View Post
    Ok, so I'm thinking of making DNC my 3rd job to 75, mainly because I love playing the underdog classes in MMOs and having PUP and DNC at 75 fits that bill nicely. Did you all ever end up the tank in your party while you were leveling? Mainly pre-50 is what I'm wondering. I've always heard PUP and DNC can tank in dire situations. I did it on PUP leveling that to 75 every once in a while, and it kiiiinda worked. Does this happen to DNCs as well? Can you do it more than as a last resort, like actually pretty effectively if you choose the right gear?
    I found DNC tanking fairly easy Pre-ToaU, (I am not tanking birds on a TP based job obviously) not just solo but in exp party. It is essentially a nin style tank that cure bombs itself for hate more than DD or voking. You can and should flourish if your aiming to tank, but other jobs can do it better so let them if you have the option. I also got a lot of 2DNC parties as I leveled it near release, dual tanking works very well with another DNC or a war, nin, w/e. You will pull hate easy if you cure a lot, I do even at 75 with -enmity gear.

Kite

In response to the idea of DNc kite, it really does not need Jig to work, I have done it and can do it fairly easy w/o Jig. Even if you do not remove the animation for jig, you can use it if you Flourish the mob 1st and you should have little to no trouble at all unless its something rather strong.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I also got a lot of 2DNC parties as I leveled it near release, dual tanking works very well with another DNC or a war, nin, w/e.
    I had a lot of 2 dnc parties through my levels also. They work pretty well sharing hate, also helps to get few levels of steps in before the mob dies. I did plenty of dnc dnc brd war rng sam type parties with no healer besides the two dncs and it worked always well.

//

I don't know about all this dat swapping, but really anything you'd want to kite... I doubt you'd land stun/gravity flourish consistently on.

//

Anyone try to stun a GoH yet? xD

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Seibar View Post
    I had a lot of 2 dnc parties through my levels also. They work pretty well sharing hate, also helps to get few levels of steps in before the mob dies. I did plenty of dnc dnc brd war rng sam type parties with no healer besides the two dncs and it worked always well.

//

I don't know about all this dat swapping, but really anything you'd want to kite... I doubt you'd land stun/gravity flourish consistently on.

//

Anyone try to stun a GoH yet? xD

I'd be more amazed if anyone acttualy let's a dancer come to a cerb fight, let alone let them be meeling and in charge of stun, this is a very unlikly case to get tested,unless a HNMLS can put aside there pride and try something new.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsu Kiyome
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Orochi Lede View Post
    [/b]

I'd be more amazed if anyone acttualy let's a dancer come to a cerb fight, let alone let them be meeling and in charge of stun, this is a very unlikly case to get tested,unless a HNMLS can put aside there pride and try something new.
    Yeah...cause if GOH Stun fails it can easily cause a wipe cause of the DOT Burn Damage and Spike Damage. Its best to try this on Floor 100 Nyzul Cerb. (I believe that uses GOH yes?)