Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level

New Job Abilities / 2-hand Nerf Discussion

Note: Let's keep opinions if SAM or 2-hands needing or not needing nerfs out of this until some solid game information. If this thread becomes full of pages of bickering before the update goes live it will be useless for information gathering. Additionally, there are already two active threads where you can house your opinion on the matter.

Cliffnotes:

Velocity Shot (RNG45) - Weakens attack/speed of Melee attacks and boosts the attack/speed of Ranged attacks.

Accomplice (THF65) - Grabs hate half enmity of a target party member.

Snarl (BST45) - Transfers enmity to Jug pet.

Repose (WHM48 Spell) - White Magic sleep

2hand
    -STR/DEX bonus reduced
    -calculating damage readjusted
    -Tachi: Yukikaze, Tachi: Gekko, and Tachi: Kasha readjusted.

BST
    -Heal, Stay, and Leave have 5 second recast
    -Health recovery from Stay greatly increased.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Re: New Job Abilities / 2-hand Nerf Discussion

Well for 2H if a 1:1 ratio was too buff and a 2:1 ratio was too weak, then i guess i'm safe to say that they will implement something along the lines of 3:2. 3DEX = 2ACC, 3STR = 2 attack, yada yada yada.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    Note: Let's keep opinions if SAM or 2-hands needing or not needing nerfs out of this until some solid game information. If this thread becomes full of pages of bickering before the update goes live it will be useless for information gathering. Additionally, there are already two active threads where you can house your opinion on the matter.

-STR/DEX bonus reduced
    -calculating damage readjusted
    -Tachi: Yukikaze, Tachi: Gekko, and Tachi: Kasha readjusted.
    Depending on how much they change the STR/DEX=1ATK/1ACC bonus, I think this will have the biggest negative effect on 2-handers. The damage calculation readjustment part frightens me the most right now though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixidor
    Well for 2H if a 1:1 ratio was too buff and a 2:1 ratio was too weak, then i guess i'm safe to say that they will implement something along the lines of 3:2. 3DEX = 2ACC, 3STR = 2 attack, yada yada yada.
    i could live with that just please dont go back to 2:1 or worse

Banned.

BG Level

Is it really that hard?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Is it really that hard?
    Then why create this prior to the game going live again? I simply put in my thoughts of how SE would likely change the 2Hs based on previous outcomes, and did not mention my opinion whether on not a nerf needs to be done.

So please bring light to how i broke the OP's delagative rules for this thread.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I'm wondering what happened to the Reward recast timer change. If SE is trying to make BSTs into pet tanks or something, it'd be rather appropriate. They also mentioned status healing pet food, when AF/AF2 body already had a chance to do that...

Has anyone found the timer for Snarl yet?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I am hoping that they keep 1:1 for STR but put it back to 2:1 for DEX. 2h jobs already have a native accuracy bonus with A+ skill, and /sam gives another 10 accuracy 1h's can't use, so they're slightly ahead there.

Banned.

BG Level

Actually these threads were made mostly for post-update news, but preliminary talk is just fine. However, you have to realize 2-hand changes are being hotly debated in several other threads, I'd like this one to be able to actually provide information when the time comes rather than be yet another huge debate. There doesn't seem to be any argument yet, but I get the feeling that won't last long.

I'm wondering what happened to the Reward recast timer change.
    A lot of their proposed changes were being thought about, only a certain few(like abilities) were confirmed to appear on today's update.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

If you disallow people to post opinions on something that hasn't even had a chance to be tested yet, then what is the point of opening the thread at all? You could have simply locked it until the updates went live. Not even Taj will be able to effectively and instantly find the 100% concrete results of data surrounding this update.

Again, why does this thread exist, outside of giving you the ability to constantly re-copy and re-paste your initial comment repeatedly for the next two days?

I'd like this one to be able to actually provide information when the time comes rather than be yet another huge debate.
    Lock the thread until the time comes, then. I'm all for no bitching, as that's what KI is for, but there's nothing else to post outside of speculation at this point.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Well the OP says 2h nerf discussion, but i'll leave it at that. Don't feel like getting hit with a banstick over something so trivial.

On topic, was there anything released in the dats about new DRK specific spells? Fan fest mentioned it but i've yet to see anything being found.
    Thinking more speculation and gonna see it at a later date.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kid Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So Repose...

Why? In case I aggro a Phu'abo on my way to the Auroral Updraft? >|

Banned.

BG Level

That too was considered, so I'm guessing we won't see it until the next or later update.

If you absolutely must discuss the 2-hand nerf, feel free to do so, I can only hope this doesn't evolve into the fourth debate over this matter. In my opinion, all that can be said about it before the update has been said, but I'm not going to tell you can't post it.

Concerning Velocity Shot, I hope they add gear to enhance it to keep up with melee haste gear. Or perhaps make it based on your current melee attack speed, though that kind of sounds silly.

I'm going to bed.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Concerning Velocity Shot, I hope they add gear to enhance it to keep up with melee haste gear. Or perhaps make it based on your current melee attack speed, though that kind of sounds silly.

I'm going to bed.
    Velocity Shot

ridill, mkris, kraken.
    I see much win from this.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

On topic, was there anything released in the dats about new DRK specific spells? Fan fest mentioned it but i've yet to see anything being found.
    Thinking more speculation and gonna see it at a later date.
    You probably won't see them until early 08, along with the other suggested changes like wyvern actions, sam adjustments (outside of dropping their performance), nin adjustments, ect. The initially expansions are always rather bare-boned when it comes to actual job performance. The early-going is mostly a chance for us to explore the new content and get bored of 50% of it quickly.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

whats recasts on those new JAs?

repose be handy for caedarva mire imps and such that resist dark magic, looks like a handy spell... but not something ill macro lol.

IMO

less bandwagoners destroying the job i love (sam) > Doing a less dmg.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I wonder if Repose gets enhanced by Divine Seal or Elemental Seal, it would be nice for it to be reliable even without /BLM

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

less bandwagoners destroying the job i love (sam) > Doing a less dmg.
    ...And more bandwagoners back to dual-wielding war/nin. Goodie.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I can see some potential in Accomplise for fights that are dependent on BLM dmg. Set a THF in blm party. When hate gets to high, thf could use Accomplise staying at front line to lower their hate, and either tank untill pld or nin gets hate back or die RR and be ready to do it again. This could be a helpful tactic for fighting AV with the tanks under the bridge and the mages on top.

Velocity Shot sounds nice, I can't wait till server is back up so i can start testing it out.

Repose I assume is gonna be mainly used for undead and dark based mobs.

Snarl. alot of people complained about this saying that its useless since BSTs dont pull much hate from their pets anyway. Most of the BSTs I know say that they dont pull much hate, but only cause they sit back untill the pet has enough hate before joining in on the kill. I think this will be a good solo ability for BST Xping.

2H adjustment? what can I say. Yea it sucks that they did this and I feel sorry for SAMs. But I do think SAM was just a tad bit powerful with Soboro and I expected this to happen for a while now.