+ Reply to Thread
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Unrated Live Free Or Die Hard...Spoilers of course

Movie comes out soon (today?) and I wanted to post the changes...many just include the word Fuck thrown around the movie I think the unrated version is for the better.

Source: http://www.worldwidedvdforums.com/article-1192.html
    # When John interrupts Lucy and her boyfriend in the car, a quick shot of John pulling the car door handle is removed. This works better now with the flow of the scene.

# As John pulls Lucy's boyfriend out of the car, he says "Get out of the fucking car now!" The PG-13 version removes the strong language.

# When Lucy's boyfriend tries to explain himself, McClane nudges him saying, "Shut the fuck up." In the theatrical version,
    this is substituted with "Hold it right there."

# A tiny editing change occurs when Matt opens his door: in the theatrical version, the camera is behind Matt; the Unrated version has the angle from behind John.

# When Matt opens his apartment door to John, John says "How ya doing?" In the theatrical version, there is an alternate take of John going, "Hi." The new take is more McClane-like.

# As Matt and John hide from Rand's gunfire, McClane lets out an added cry of "Motherfucker!" in the Unrated version.

# When John shoots the man out of the window with the fire extinguisher in the theatrical version, he quips "That's going to
    wake the neighbours" before we see a shot of men running up the stairs. In the Unrated version, these two shots are removd, making the sequence more urgent.

# When Matt fiddles desperately with the latch on the door, John sees and shouts, "Are you fucking nuts!?" The PG-13 version removes the strong language.

# When the door is pushed, causing John to drop his gun, he cries "Fuck!" as he does.

# In the Unrated version, after pulling the terrorist through the door, John jumps off the fallen fridge whilst holding the terrorist's head, breaking the man's neck. John cries out "Motherfucker!" as he does this. In the theatrical version, we instead see the terrorist from behind falling out of the hole as a ripping sound plays.

# When John is strangled by Del in the car, he orders Matt to "Grab the gun and shoot this motherfucker!" In the PG-13 version, the last part of the sentence is changed to "from the back seat!"

# As John rides away from the scene, a confused Matt lets out "What the fuck..?" In the theatrical version, the scene starts with John's next line, "Just breathe."

# When John tells Matt to shut up about the news in the car, John says "Shut up! Shut the fuck up!" The theatrical version completely removes this second part.

# As Bowman sees the effects of the hacking, in the theatrical version, he rather obviously says, "We're under attack." In the Unrated version, this is replaced with an alternate shot of him looking around.

# Watching the Wall Street footage, Gabriel remarks on "How all those nickels and dimes they saved had meaning. 'Useful idiots', as Lenin would say." These comments are removed in the Unrated version.

# Footage of the hackers starting the video package has been shortened in the Unrated cut.

# A shot of Bowman watching the video package has been added to make it clearer that he's watching.

# When talking to John in the FBI car, Gabriel says John "a Timex watch in a digital age." This line is removed in the Unrated version, possibly from the fact that Gabriel's wearing an analogue watch himself!

# When John threatens to kick Gabriel out of his own party, he finishes "How does that sound, fuckhead?" The theatrical version replaces the strong language with the less crude "dickhead".

# When Agent Johnson is shot, gore is seen squirting out of his shoulder. In the theatrical version, it's just smoke.

# Further gore is added in the close-up of the above, including some hitting the window.

# When Agent Laughlin is peppered with bullets as he helps John out of the car, much gore has been added in the Unrated version.

# As Matt stands in the middle of the pile-up in the tunnel, John says "Just stay there! Stand still!" The Unrated version replaces this with a much more logical take of "Run, goddamit, run!"

# Just after the truck hits the pillar, McClane cries "Fuck!" in the Unrated version.

# As John rambles whilst he returns to his car, this is shown in a different angle in the Unrated version, where we clearly see another car smash into the accident behind John.

# When John's car catches fire, the Unrated version adds an extra line of John saying "Car's on fire. That can't be good."

# As John dives out of the car, he says "This is a bad fucking idea!" The theatrical version changes it to "This is not a good idea!"

# When McClane lands on the tarmac, he cries "Oh, fuck!" in the Unrated version.

# When Russo shoots a guard at Woodlawn, gore shoots out of the man's back.

# Seconds later, as Russo shoots the second guard, gore fires out the guard's back. When he falls onto the car, a gory stain has been added.

# As Casper waits for the download from Woodlawn, he impatiently tells Gabriel, "It's not responding." This remark is
    removed from the Unrated cut.

# As Matt complains he doesn't want to get shot at any more, John says, "You get used to it." As this remark contradicts his "being a hero" speech later on, this is deleted from the Unrated cut.

# When Matt activates the airbags as John is hotwiring, John says "Fuck!" in the Unrated version, as opposed to the less profane "Jesus Christ!"

# As John rips out the airbag, he mutters "Fucking idiot! Fuck!" in the Unrated version. In the theatrical version, you couldn't tell what he was saying. (Note: This change has not been included on the US Unrated version)

# When John and Matt talk on the way to the power station, Matt has an added line in the Unrated version: "I'm not that guy."

# Moments later, at the start of his speech about being a hero, John says "Fuck being a hero." This line was removed from the theatrical version.

# When the Power Plant Operator is shot, the theatrical version has Mai shoot him and then cuts ahead to Mai setting up. The Unrated version adds a shot of the man, with a bullet hole in his head, being pulled out of the chair.

# As Mai sets up at the computer, there is added blood spray in the Unrated version. We also see an added shot of Mai wiping blood off the monitors with her hand. The theatrical version re-frames the scene to crop out the gore.

# When Matt and John see some dead guards at the power station, there is added gore on their heads in the Unrated version.

# When the henchman on the stairs is shot, there is added gore.

# The following shot is slightly extended so that McClane shoots the henchman more.

# As John swings the computer monitor at Mai, there is an added cry of "Fuck you, bitch!"

# When Mai kicks John out of the window, he cries "Fuck!" in the Unrated.

# When the henchman shoots at John in the lift shaft, the Unrated adds a gasp of "Fuck!"

# Whilst ducking between the seats, John cries "Motherfucker!" in the Unrated. This is despite his lips not moving.

# As John looks upon the car exploding, he bellows "Fuck you, bitch!" in the Unrated.

# When the power plant starts to blow up, the Unrated version extends the heroes escape by adding a shot McClane exiting
    through the door, which makes the scene clearer.

# When calling for the Warlock, Mrs. Klaudis cries "Freddy, get the fuck up here!" in the Unrated version.

# Somewhat oddly, John's line "Hey, dump truck, I'm not his dad" has been changed in the Unrated version. "Jenny Craig" now replaces "dump truck."

# When John tells Gabriel that Mai was "smoking hot", the Unrated version adds a shot of Gabriel rolling his eyes.

# As the angered John rushes to the rescue, in the theatrical version, he says "What do you think I'm gonna do? I'm gonna kill this guy and get my daughter." The Unrated version replaces this with the much more explict "I'm gonna kill this motherfucker and get my daughter back. Or go get my daughter and kill this motherfucker."

# Matt and John's dialogue in the scene is also changed. In the theatrical version, he is uncertain and tells Matt not to bet on him, with Matt going along because he agrees. In the Unrated version, he is much more confident the outcome will be his way, telling Matt to "Go play a computer game with Hemhock... Warlock." Matt decides to tag along anyway.

# As the hackers are shot, blood squirts out of their backs.

# The scene is also extended: when Casper is shot in the theatrical version, it is offscreen; In the Unrated version, the shot is onscreen and gore explodes from Casper's chest.

# In the Unrated version, as Matt asks if they have a plan, John says at the end of the scene "I gotta get a gun keep your
    eyes open." This makes sense, because they no longer have a gun at this point.

# As the pair walk through Woodlawn, John tells Matt to "Keep your voice down." This line is not in the theatrical version.

# When the NSA agent tells Bowman what Gabriel could do if he hacked into Woodlawn, the dialogue is completely different in the Unrated. In the theatrical, the agent tells Bowman Gabriel could transfer it all to a portable hard drive and access it anywhere. This is replaced with a much more logical (that must be one big hard drive!) and simpler "He could download the data and use it to siphon billions."

# In the Unrated version, the other agent says that Gabriel might even erase the data and "send us all back to the Stone Age."

# A furious Bowman, when told Woodlawn was above his paygrade, angrily shouts in the Unrated version, "I'm in charge of the infastructure, you arrogant prick!"

# In the theatrical version, when told Gabriel designed Woodlawn, Bowman responds "That's brilliant. You two geniuses, stay out of my way." In the Unrated, this is replaced with a shot of an exasperated Bowman.

# As he throws Russo down the stairs, John cries "Motherfucker!" in the Unrated version.

# As Bowman prepares to go to Woodlawn, the first part of the scene is changed. In the theatrical version, he's told that the roads are blocked and DC is in gridlock, prompting Bowman to order some helicopters. This is illogical, since he knows the roads are in chaos - he's been watching the news feed! The Unrated version instead replaces this with Bowman being informed that the helicopter will take 20 minutes to get there, with Bowman responding "We don't have 20 minutes."

# During the scene with Russo at the bottom of the stairs, the theatrical version only shows Russo from the side, dimly lit so his injuries are unclear. In the Unrated version shows Russo from the front, revealing his bloody and badly injured face.

# As he walks away from Russo, John says "Don't move. I'll send a doctor" in the theatrical version. That's not very McClane! The Unrated replaces this with the colder "Time to take a nap, pal."

# As John and Gabriel talk again, Gabriel says "Did I get a 'thank you'? No, I got a 'fuck you'!" The PG-13 version replaces the strong language with "crucified".

# Moments later, John says "Fuck you - it's always been about the money." The tamer version replaces the phrase with "bullshit".

# A few second later, John says to Gabriel in the PG-13 cut, "Well, just sit tight, asshole. I got a cheque for you." In the Unrated, the first sentence is removed and the second is changed to "I'm coming to give you a big fucking cheque."

# When Rand gets crushed and diced in the fans, additional gore spray is added in the Unrated (most clearly seen on the panel above, which get sprayed in the Unrated version).

# As John looks over at Rand's remains in the fans, his line "Oh, ho-ho no!" is a close-up in the Unrated, rather than over the fans spinning.

# When Robinson is shot by John through the door, lots of gore sprays out from his numerous wounds in the harder version.

# Matt being shot in the leg is show from a different angle in the Unrated, with some blood spraying from the wound.

# A huge amount of gore is added in the Unrated when Trey is shot repeatedly in the chest.

# Blood shoots out Trey's back as he falls from being shot.

# When John shoots the Hazmat Agent, gore shoots out from the wounds in the Unrated.

# There is an added close-up of the Agent being pelted with more bullets as blood sprays out.

# When Emerson shoots John in the shoulder, there is added blood in the Unrated version.

# As John gains control of Gabriel's gun, he says "How about 'Yippee ki yay, motherfucker!" In the PG-13 version, the subsequent gunshot is moved forward to hide the strong language.
    # Blood shoots out of Gabriel's exit wound when shot by John in the harder version.

# As Gabriel crashes onto the windshield in the Unrated, there is added gore flying through the air. When he lands on the glass, the glass is bloodied in the area he was shot.

# When Matt shoots Emerson, a blood squirt flies out of Emerson's chest in the Unrated.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Re: Unrated Live Free Or Die Hard...Spoilers of course

Thats alot of fucking changes.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    Thats alot of fucking changes.
    I see what you did there.

P.S. Fucking beat me to it

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I'm definitely buying this fucking DVD now.

The Dazzler
    BG Level

Anyone seen a DVD-R of the unrated? I only can seem to find the XviD of it, if anyone has shoot me a PM please Plan to ask for it for Christmas but want to watch it prior to that~

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I'm totally getting this.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Good that they not only R-rated the language a lot, but that they also tied up some of the loose ends from the first release.

It's nice to see that the unrated version will be an actual Die Hard movie.

EAST BAY JEDI DONT GIVE A FUCK
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vade
    # As John gains control of Gabriel's gun, he says "How about 'Yippee ki yay, motherfucker!" In the PG-13 version, the subsequent gunshot is moved forward to hide the strong language.
    how the fuck do you take that out

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Not a Die hard movie with out "Yipe Ki yay Motherfucker"

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

holy shit. I was renting movies tonight and I passed this up thinking that I already saw this. This is a totally different movie.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Fuck. This is awesome, motherfucker.

Xavier

Don't get me wrong, I thought Live Free or Die Hard was a really good movie when I saw it in the theaters, but it just sacrificed so fucking much for the PG-13 rating.

A PG-13 Die Hard? What the fuck. Glad to see that this unrated version looks like a complete return to form, going to have to pick it up later.

Anyone know if the version in the Bluray Die Hard collection is the unrated version?

That is what I want .

nevermind, just read reviews and it says it does not include the unrated version. bs..