Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Question regarding Vana diel collection 2008 for xbox 360

Alright, so I normally play FF on ps2. I wanted to switch to xbox 360 for WoTG so today I bought the Vana diel collection 2008. Now normally for the all expansions in one, it comes with a registration code for each expansion pack. This one however came with the all code in one code. Will I be able to use this code to register WoTG?

Re: Question regarding Vana diel collection 2008 for xbox 360

This doesn't include WotG afaik

Clever and witty, all together the ladies love the Nekura
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by GentaroX
    This doesn't include WotG afaik
    2008 does, 2007 doesn't.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I'm on ps2 and had to reinstall the whole game for one expansion via the login screen, because for an obscure reason it would not want to install by itself even less install only WotG. The registry code works for WotG btw even if there's only one.

and then came the utter joy of re-re-downloading allllllllll updates.

Have fun.

Edit--> the 2008 does include WotG.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Had the same thought a bit ago at Gamestop. Was picking up the 360 copy to use the reg code for the torrented PC version. Figured Id go ahead and pick up the collection so I could set up my 360 for FFXI as well since I never bought the original version for it. While walking out the door, remembered something in some of the update notes about there only being 1 reg code for the game + 4 expansions. Just walked right back in and exchanged it and picked up the original FFXI for 360 as well (cheaper by a penny...woo..)

Sounds like the only thing you can do is try and use that reg code for your account and hope it works. Since you've already opened it and noticed that there is only one code, won't be able to return/exchange it at the store. Sounds like you're prolly shit outta luck on your money and will have to drop another $30 for the expansion by itself for the code. :/ Unless of course SE made it so that all in one code will provide access to any expansions that are not registered on your already existing account. Here's hoping for you.

Xavier

I don't see why that code wouldn't upgrade your account to WotG status...its an all in one code for every expansion for FFXI (the 2008 collection).

If your account is able to play WotG on your 360, there is no reason it couldn't do the same on the PC, unless Square is really trying to milk money out of people.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Se specifically stated not to get this if you're only looking to update XI to WotG. Because this time around they made it one megacode instead of a seperate code.

I guess what you can do is unregister all the other codes (if it lets you) then install with this one ?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

It worked - I bought collection 2008 for xbox(for the reg code and to play it on xbox sometime), and used it just to register WOG for my account . can lock this thread.

the collection 2008 xbox 360 pack key works on PC as well, I guess they just released it for 360 first, just registered on PC with the single code (gamestop was sold out of wotg only for PS2/360) and i got the last collection 2008 one and hoped it worked

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Collection packs are just the one serial key, had to take my PS2 collection kit back (was the only one EBGames had in -.-) because of this.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha
    Collection packs are just the one serial key, had to take my PS2 collection kit back (was the only one EBGames had in -.-) because of this.
    No need to take it back, it should work lol. (Worked for me)

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

SE only recommended to buy the expansion if you already have keys for all the rest because you can't share the other keys anymore. You should still be able to register WotG with the mega key, it just isn't as efficient/cheap as buying only the expansion. All the other "keys" included in the mega key are wasted in effect.

Source: PlayOnline
    If you're planning on purchasing FFXI collection 2008 be warned that the registration codes are handled differently:

Restrictions on Registration Code Usage

The Vana'diel Collection 2008 registration code combines multiple contents into one, but may only be used once for a single PlayOnline ID.

If you have just joined PlayOnline, you cannot use that registration code for another PlayOnline ID's expanded services registration or Content ID purchases.
    Also, if you have used your registration code for expanded services on a pre-existing PlayOnline ID, you cannot use that registration code to join PlayOnline with a new PlayOnline ID.

In previous Vana'diel Collections, unused registration codes could be left over, but because of the way the new registration code works, these unused registration codes cannot be used separately. Please keep this in mind before purchase.

Expanded Services One-time Registration

If you use the registration code when purchasing a new Content ID or registering expanded services, you will be given the option on each completion screen to perform one-time registration for the unregistered expansion packs: Rise of the Zilart, Chains of Promathia, Treasures of Aht Urhgan, and Wings of the Goddess.
    By using the one-time registration feature, you will not need to individually register each expanded service.
    *If you do not intend to use one-time registration, please register from "Expanded Services Registration" under "Membership."
    *It is not necessary to input your registration code into both one-time registration and individual registrations.

The "FINAL FANTASY XI: Wings of the Goddess" expansion pack that is being sold separately will include a single registration code only for use with Wings of the Goddess. If you are currently using a PlayOnline ID that already has Rise of the Zilart, Chains of Promathia, and Treasures of Aht Urhgan installed and registered, we recommend only purchasing the "Wings of the Goddess" expansion data disk.