Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Re: Scholar Discussion attempt #2

I was under the idea, that you got acess to a merit every 10 lvls then ur last at75.

Quote Originally Posted by XxSlusherxx
    I dunno if magic skill merits are diffrent, but if they are anything like weapon merits, you're not actually 8/8 until level 60 so it will get a little better.
    Yes it's same as weapons, so at lvl 20 I have benefit from 2 merits iirc, which is 4 points more elemental magic than unmerited character. We sure don't have A+ elemental magic as BLM at that lvl, but I don't remember I had so many resists when I leveled BLM (it's long time ago though).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

For the combat/magic merits, you get 1 at 10, 2 at 20, 3 at 30, 4 at 40, 5 at 50, 6 at 55, 7 at 60 and 8 at 65, I'm pretty positive on that anyways.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Judai
    Think whatever you want man. From the little bit of info I posted you can safely assume that MAB or INT or maybe even Weather(cause omg SE said this) could boost the initial damage unlike some dot spells. Not sure where I "coped out" since everytime I clearly stated it was from NPCs and everyone and their mother knows NPCs go by their own rules. Not only that but I never said you were wrong about it possibly doing shit dmg. I'm sure you were able to gauge the 1% dot accuratly though while the other 10 NPCs + however many normal players whacked away at the mob. Or did you kindly ask the players and NPCs to back off so that you could gauge the effect the dot spell had? Keep acting like you know everything though.

btw, my aga3s can easily close in on 2k damage and my AM2s easily go over 2k dmg. All without MBs. Of course, that's on my BLM that has MAB+9001...
    I realize Rocl asked me to stop but you're groingrabbingly dumb. First, go Firaga III 5 or 6 mobs and see if it does 2000 damage. Second, yeah, I just had to ask the NPCs real nicely.

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/1992/adelheidee4.jpg

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Priran
    Think whatever you want man. From the little bit of info I posted you can safely assume that MAB or INT or maybe even Weather(cause omg SE said this) could boost the initial damage unlike some dot spells. Not sure where I "coped out" since everytime I clearly stated it was from NPCs and everyone and their mother knows NPCs go by their own rules. Not only that but I never said you were wrong about it possibly doing shit dmg. I'm sure you were able to gauge the 1% dot accuratly though while the other 10 NPCs + however many normal players whacked away at the mob. Or did you kindly ask the players and NPCs to back off so that you could gauge the effect the dot spell had? Keep acting like you know everything though.

btw, my aga3s can easily close in on 2k damage and my AM2s easily go over 2k dmg. All without MBs. Of course, that's on my BLM that has MAB+9001...
    I realize Rocl asked me to stop but you're groingrabbingly dumb. First, go Firaga III 5 or 6 mobs and see if it does 2000 damage. Second, yeah, I just had to ask the NPCs real nicely.

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/1992/adelheidee4.jpg
    Guess I should have mentioned the Firaga 3 was on one mob and not several. That's cool that everyone just let the SCH NPC solo the NM though. Still an NPC and I still didn't say you were wrong. Just pointed out a different possibility and the potential for increasing the damage. Not sure what your point is but if you want to keep trying, PM me or something and I'll ignore you there.

btw, might have missed this but are the Storm spells AoE or single target? The NPC I saw using them made it look single target and that was my impression of them but somebody told me they were AoE. 2m duration AND recast seems kinda lame if it's single target, so I'm hoping for AoE~

Banned.

BG Level

Couldn't you just make them AoE? Though that would get quite expensive.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

btw, might have missed this but are the Storm spells AoE or single target? The NPC I saw using them made it look single target and that was my impression of them but somebody told me they were AoE. 2m duration AND recast seems kinda lame if it's single target, so I'm hoping for AoE~
    I think it was already determined to be single-target. The -storm spells are white magic and enhancing however, so Accession could be used to make it AoE.

I hate to be negative about anything without the FFXI community fully testing it, but does anyone see any reason to invite this job to a meripo? I know its a little early to say this, but lets look at the facts.

1: No Refresh or Haste
    A rdm can refresh himself (along with convert) to make sure he/she doesn't run out of mp. Both whm and rdm has haste to help out a melee with DoT and increase the exp/hr of a party. Without either I can't see this job getting invites, unless there are no healers seeking.

2: Manaburn
    Another spot that a Sch could possibly be involved in meripo. Now, they do get spells to buffer blm nukes (weather changing spells), but again they would either take another blm's spot which would lower the overall dmg of the party.....or take a refreshers spot which will do the same.

3: DoT
    Now the Helix spells are the signiture spells for Sch, but in a regular party / meripo mobs don't last long enough for a DoT to really warrent the spot going to a sch over other jobs.

Now i admit that this job will DEFINATELY have its place endgame at events, HNM fights, etc. Their specialized spells both help compliment blm which is still a major dder on most tougher things (with a few exceptions) and their DoT spells (if they are as powerful as SE stated) are perfect for HNM's and other mobs that you can't kill in a short time. I am just wondering what place they will have as they progress towards 75 and beyond.

one thing I dont understand well :
    do weather spells have some sort of "overall" buff effect? since every stat is tied to a specific element in FFXI, maybe giving thunder weather is equal to boost DEX, for ex?

i can't understand why a job should get mid-level spells that basically only works on SMNs with AF2 horns, very rare avatar weapons and sea obis for lv75 BLMs... it doesnt make much sense.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Eklm
    I hate to be negative about anything without the FFXI community fully testing it, but does anyone see any reason to invite this job to a meripo? I know its a little early to say this, but lets look at the facts.

1: No Refresh or Haste
    A rdm can refresh himself (along with convert) to make sure he/she doesn't run out of mp. Both whm and rdm has haste to help out a melee with DoT and increase the exp/hr of a party. Without either I can't see this job getting invites, unless there are no healers seeking.

2: Manaburn
    Another spot that a Sch could possibly be involved in meripo. Now, they do get spells to buffer blm nukes (weather changing spells), but again they would either take another blm's spot which would lower the overall dmg of the party.....or take a refreshers spot which will do the same.

3: DoT
    Now the Helix spells are the signiture spells for Sch, but in a regular party / meripo mobs don't last long enough for a DoT to really warrent the spot going to a sch over other jobs.

Now i admit that this job will DEFINATELY have its place endgame at events, HNM fights, etc. Their specialized spells both help compliment blm which is still a major dder on most tougher things (with a few exceptions) and their DoT spells (if they are as powerful as SE stated) are perfect for HNM's and other mobs that you can't kill in a short time. I am just wondering what place they will have as they progress towards 75 and beyond.

Yes, i hope what you say will come true really, as always too early to say anything about anything however.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tomino
    do weather spells have some sort of "overall" buff effect? since every stat is tied to a specific element in FFXI, maybe giving thunder weather is equal to boost DEX, for ex?

i can't understand why a job should get mid-level spells that basically only works on SMNs with AF2 horns, very rare avatar weapons and sea obis for lv75 BLMs... it doesnt make much sense.
    Wasn't it mentioned that Weather Effects increase the potency of Helix's?

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Don't forget SCHs have less down time by saving 10% MP on every spell, with more if Conserve MP (from sub or equipment) takes over.

Also, a SCH is already an excellent nuker (My nuking damage has increased greatly since 20 (@ 27 now) with better gear for example). Who is to say that with Ebullience, MAB gear, Weather/ Obi Bonuses, and bonuses from sub jobs that a SCH won't be more than useful in manaburns as one of the 4-5 main nukers?

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sasarai
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomino

One would assume the weather would have to be in the zone though. Simply having weather on yourself may not affect the helix on the mob.

it would be weird anyway. why getting a buff for something you still dont have?
    besides, Helix need "area weather" and SHC can't change weather on the mob.

also, SE stated Helix are *greatly* enhanced by weather. so either they are good themselves and a true killer with the proper weather, or we're gonna be dissapointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Toth
    Don't forget SCHs have less down time by saving 10% MP on every spell, with more if Conserve MP (from sub or equipment) takes over.

Also, a SCH is already an excellent nuker (My nuking damage has increased greatly since 20 (@ 27 now) with better gear for example). Who is to say that with Ebullience, MAB gear, Weather/ Obi Bonuses, and bonuses from sub jobs that a SCH won't be more than useful in manaburns as one of the 4-5 main nukers?
    Thats possible, tho i personally don't see how an extremely buffed tier III with not alot of MaB gear available will replace a blm with more MaB on a Tier IV or AM2. Also remember, Sch only can get B level in elemental magic, so resists will be an issue too (unless you try to stack on elemental skill gear which in effect takes away spots to add +dmg gear)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Stack as much MAB gear that you possibly can (Novio Earring, Moldavite Earring, HQ Staves, that Bastok Circlet at Lv36 with MAB+5 outside of nation control or w/e it is, Yigit Feet, etc~), as well as whatever Enfeebling you can put in certain places (Torque, uh...)

Light Arts (Enhance Boost)
    Thunderstorm (Enhance-type spell; Thunder Weather effect)
    Dark Arts (Enfeebling Boost)
    Ebullience (Enhanced Blm-type Spell)
    Modus Veritas (Increase Helix-type damage, half the cast)
    Elemental Seal (If you will for /Blm, but only on those HNMs <.<)
    Ionhelix (Lighting Dmg + 'Heavy' DoT)

Now, my poor Scholar is a lowly Lv14 atm, but maaaaaaan, I'm so excited about the possibilities this job has. Sure, it will be an absolute BITCH to level, but at Endgame, it's gonna be so strong. I've leveled Summoner, so I'm sure I can level this job. Imagine this job in Salvage... JA + Magic and you're away..!

Again, jumping to conclusions, and granted that little list above can only be used every 4-8 minutes, but the possibilities... THE POSSIBILITIES!!!

Pity this job doesn't get to wear Morrigans armour ... Put ma Robe to some extra use~

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I have a strong feeling that SCH AF is going to provide many welcome bonuses. I'm really hesitant to level past 60 without them.

kinda getting tired of the QQing on SCH in merit situations because, as we all know, every server has craploads at 75, and SE has *never* messed with a job after it was released.

Banned.

BG Level

I think Scholar only really needs some Stoneskin. Basically, it can't sub BLM or be sub by BLM without it. It can live without Haste because many parties usually have a RDM or WHM. It only really becomes an issue at 75 where some merit parties feel the need for BRD RDM(or just BRD BRD) or bust. Other than that, I don't understand how they can't fill the role of a healer with a RDM, SMN, or WHM in the party.

Despite the lack of stoneskin, I think there are few situations BLM can get away with /SCH. If you don't get yourself killed, it looks pretty potent.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

so does anyone have a sch close to helix? i'd imagine there'd have to be by now... theres like a lv61 jp on carbuncle...but no na even close

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast