BG Level

Re: Neo Scholar Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Sho
    Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan
    woot, first scholar on Kujata...

be sure to do as Taj said and bring BLM or RDM. you need your two hour available to finish the quest.
    Any help regarding what level we need to be? It's cool that we need to know to use it but a little extra info would be nice...
    Any level?
    So the quest involves no fighting, simply requires trading the Sheets of Vellum, and then you have to use the job ability?
    That's about it :D
    Dang, now if only I could get the sheets of vellum... AH is sold out of most ingredients

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

[quote=Maguspk]
    Quote Originally Posted by "kuronosan":2zoi7xan
    woot, first scholar on Kujata...

be sure to do as Taj said and bring BLM or RDM. you need your two hour available to finish the quest.
    Any help regarding what level we need to be? It's cool that we need to know to use it but a little extra info would be nice...
    Any level?
    So the quest involves no fighting, simply requires trading the Sheets of Vellum, and then you have to use the job ability?
    Dang, now if only I could get the sheets of vellum... AH is sold out of most ingredients [/quote:2zoi7xan]

Gold Dust, you can gather the ingredients-- only need a copper ingot and a brass ingot + a wind crystal to make 12 stack.

Rollanberries are easy enough, as Sheep Leather (can craft with 0 skill in Sandy).

waiting on campaign to finish on Bismarck, anyone know about how long it takes? been over an hour so far

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

are vallum buyable from an npc? on kujata one guy is selling like 10 stacks at 20k each when they were selling for 50k. Also sheep leather is 20k, so there is almost no way this guy is making a real profit even if hes constantly hqing.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Dang, now if only I could get the sheets of vellum... AH is sold out of most ingredients
    Gold Dust, you can gather the ingredients-- only need a copper ingot and a brass ingot + a wind crystal to make 12 stack.

Rollanberries are easy enough, as Sheep Leather (can craft with 0 skill in Sandy).
    Dark Crystals are nowhere to be found on Lakshmi but I have 10 in mog. But doesn't Sheep Leather also require Dark Crystals, so that's another problem. Any I doubt my leather is high enough to do the Sheet of Vellum what is the level on it or what level was the leather of whoever crafted your sheets?

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Has anyone had the Scholar NPC disappear on them? It seemed to happen everyone in Eldieme Necropolis and even people just zoning in could not see her. Another NPC disappeared at the same time, the Galka near the zone which gave you a key item invite for Bastok.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by darkrain
    are vallum buyable from an npc? on kujata one guy is selling like 10 stacks at 20k each when they were selling for 50k. Also sheep leather is 20k, so there is almost no way this guy is making a real profit even if hes constantly hqing.
    They're not, but the ingredients yield a shit ton, so if he's HQing he's making a hell of a profit.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Guni
    Has anyone had the Scholar NPC disappear on them? It seemed to happen everyone in Eldieme Necropolis and even people just zoning in could not see her. Another NPC disappeared at the same time, the Galka near the zone which gave you a key item invite for Bastok.
    When campaign is in effect, those NPCs are fighting... so they can't give you the quest.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Dark Crystals are nowhere to be found on Lakshmi but I have 10 in mog. But doesn't Sheep Leather also require Dark Crystals, so that's another problem. Any I doubt my leather is high enough to do the Sheet of Vellum what is the level on it or what level was the leather of whoever crafted your sheets?
    Back to basics~ can kill Dark Elementals in Xarcabard or the Castle for crystals.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan
    Quote Originally Posted by darkrain
    They're not, but the ingredients yield a shit ton, so if he's HQing he's making a hell of a profit.
    '
    except theres no dark crystals or sheep leather on the ah... the time it would take to farm them and do all the crafting is not worth 20k a stack, especially when theres a rush and people are willing to pay 50k.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

NPCs disappear during Campaign battles. Gotta wait it out.

Anyone have an approximation on how long Campaign battles last...?

Eldieme has been in Campaign since we could get into the new areas on Bismarck.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

the recipe for vellum yields one sheet right? I collected twelve of each item I hope it isn't simply like hq 6 or something...

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

HQ1 is 2 sheets
    as a lvl 52 leathercrafter i managed to hq 2 out of 36 times and no breaks

has anyone tried flagging quest from a location besides eldieme? like CN or GC?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Grizzly Hills

Can anyone confirm/deny extra spells available when a certain grimore is up?

Predictably Unpredictable
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Scholar can't wear Dalm.. but can wear Gaiters. Guess I'll take it to 75 anyways! ... whenever the PC version gets in;

Maximillien on bismarck got to 10, says JAs don't give new spells (yet).

finally got the quest done, would like to clarify on the 2hr bit:

basically you need a 2hr with a sustained effect. they specifically talk about manafont and chainspell working, but benediction can't. I'd assume that you could use any sustained 2hr though. I saw someone use blood weapon and it worked fine.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

just an update on vellum. pretty sure it can't be npc'd. that jp just was not smart. Its up to 90k now.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast