BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

How to get through to San'Doria

Yes, I realize that there are like 30 different posts on this. But I took the time to scribble crap down, and hopefully this one will be a better thread than the others just asking questions.

EDIT: THIS IS FROM JUGNER TO EAST RONFUARE, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND. That way would be called "Why the fuck are you going to jugner from there? Use the C.A. to warp to Jugner / somewhere else that you're going. Thats the fucking hard way, and you can't get the maw in Jugner without going through vunk[tab] inlet. "

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...nk/jugpast.jpg
    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...nk/vunkerl.jpg

Explinations:

From Batailla follow the red line to Vunkerl Inlet. You cannot get past the black barriers, but you can aggro the orcs on them.

In Vunkerl:
    Buggard are sound
    Bombs are magic and sight
    Orcs are sight
    Gigas are sight
    NM's didn't aggro us (not in campaign mode, but they walked through us without aggro and invis down, your own risk)
    Treant are Sound

Anything else I had sneak/invis up thanks to the treants.

Buggards are @ F-5, h-5, I-9, and treants are @ F-11. Everywhere else is sight only, and half the time thats not even needed if you're careful around tigers. A DD/NIN can solo the tigers with relative ease if they're not retarded. I sold a tiger hide for 100k :D first on the ah!

After you get through Vunk[tab], you'll be @ J-11 In jugner. DO NOT cross the river if you want the Maw here.
    You'll notice a bowshooter encampment on the left bank. Fall down on the left side of it, And follow the path up past the outpost around the mountain back towards davoi. The Maw is where the big green square is.

To get to San'Doria (Ronfaure East) go back the way you came and follow the blue path.
    Gnols are sight only, as are orcs.
    Mobs in Campain i didn't test,I stayed the hell away from the outpost.
    Lady bugs around the blue path are sound and will aggro a 75, but are easily dealt with /slept.

Once you zone you zone straight into East. Ronfaure, no KRT involved. If Campaign is happening in Ronfaure I suggest you avoid it, the mobs there will fuck you up bad solo.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Re: How to get through to San'Doria

If only this was about... 5 hours earlier. D: It's an awesome guide though. I had a bitch of a time. I stupidly went across the river after I went through Vunkerl Inlet, thus fucking up my shot at getting to the Maw and had to start ALL over again. Second time I made it, I went where I thought La Thiene was (where it's not obviously) and it was blockaided, so I got assraped by Goblin Mines. Finally on the third go, I made my way up there and am in Sandy now. Oh well, I finally got there. Hoping the two nations besides this aren't that much of a bitch.

Ashira

good guide except you're missing about 20 blockades on Jugner

i ended up running a wrong way and trying to find a way to a path and yeah... i hate jugner!

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Thank you! This got me through to old Sandy.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Eredar

This really helped me out, thanks!

Aidryen

Quote Originally Posted by Ashira
    good guide except you're missing about 20 blockades on Jugner

i ended up running a wrong way and trying to find a way to a path and yeah... i hate jugner!
    I hate how everything is blocked off, I like the idea but come on things would not have been that different only 20 years ago.... I like the guide, going to use it tonight to get to that stupid Maw!!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kid Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I drew a map for my LS, too. Pretty much the same thing.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l1...OnFootcopy.jpg

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ysera

When you're going from the Maw to the E Ronfaure zone in Jugner, you can actually just go straight North at G-7, through G-6. Theres a barricade there, but you can jump over via a watchtower.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I think it's actually faster to run down the watefalls in Vurkerl.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Used top guide.. worked very nicely thx :D

If you start the quest in windurst with the little girl mithra getting a spanking, you may want to hit up that ??? at F-8 in the Inlet on your way through.

ONLY on the way to sandy (not coming from sandy) there is a orc outpost that you can just go up the ramp and drop and keep going north to zone to Rounfare. That pretty much save you the pain of going all the way around the mountain.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...z/sandyway.jpg

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

thanks for the input. updated op pictures now that more than one person's confirmed it since i'm never running into that zone [s] again if i can help it.

the gate mentioned 2 posts or so above i tried to pass through, but the gate was down and would not let me pass, despite having a targetable point on it. how did you manage to get through it? not trying to be an ass, i spent like 10 min trying to find my way through it before i figured out i needed to cross the river for a bit.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

nice guide thanks.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Thanks for the guide, very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Spekkio
    the gate mentioned 2 posts or so above i tried to pass through, but the gate was down and would not let me pass, despite having a targetable point on it. how did you manage to get through it? not trying to be an ass, i spent like 10 min trying to find my way through it before i figured out i needed to cross the river for a bit.
    Is not a gate is a ramp, just go UP the ramp (there is an Orc in it) and drop on one of the holes on the sides. Is nothing that you need to target.

For what i could see Jugner is mainly divided in 3 areas, if you are in the big area on th west there is more ramps that are 1 way to the other 2 areas.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

If you want an easier way to get there (and are already signed up with another nation) just enter jugner then leave. Proceed to any C.A. and get warped to your nation. Talk to the C.A. and warp back to jugner. You are now in the area just north of the maw.

The top guide doesn't work for me at all. I left East Ronfaure and the way through the mountains and around to the maw is blocked by a gate that after a few examines says, You notice a half moon hole in the gate. I have looked for hours but can't find any other way through to get the Maw. Is the only way to actually get there after you leave Vunker and pass through the one way gates and rocks? It seems you are SOL if you went straight to San'doria.

The top guide has you passing right through that gate and it is always closed for me.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Hold on, edit coming.

Edit done. Don't know why you're trying to go from East Ron. To Jugner, but I hope the knowledge that 'you can't without getting a key item for the gate @ h7'.

As an aside, does anyone else think thats dumb? I mean, I'm sure there's a reason for you going that way but i'm lost as to what it is. What really stymies me is why jugner in the past is so horribly designed (worse than merriph[tab])