BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dense Fever
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Mushi-shi

Having browsed through a couple of the manga, I'm interested to know if anyone has seen this yet, and can comment on it.

Seems to be very interesting to me, since it has begun getting released in western countries, and I've yet to read any reviews of merit (which is to say, any reviews that aren't fanboy/poorly written). Anyone on this?

http://imdb.com/title/tt0807832/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mushishi

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Re: Mushi-shi

I posted it on the anime thread a while ago, although it didn't get too much attention. I can't comment on the movie or the manga, but I've seen the anime and it's abso-fucking-lutetly awesome, I encourage anyone who's even vaguely into anime to watch it. If you're into action-ish animes, this might be a little slow for you, but give it a try anyway.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I watched the anime sometime ago, and it's pretty good. The story and historical aspects are really good. I would suggest to anyone to watch it. And yeah, if you like fast paced action stuff, you might find this show tedious as it's all story driven.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

The anime is extremely similar to Kino's Travels. So if you liked that series, or similar series, you would definitely like Mushi-shi. That being said, I really couldn't get into Kino so I found Mushi-shi to be rather boring and mediocre overall; however, it did have a handful of outstanding eps that even I really enjoyed.

Just keep in mind, it's an anime that doesn't really have a plot and moves at a very relaxed pace.

BG's Official Canucks Fan
    BG Level

I was another one of the few people who mentioned this show in the anime thread. Great art, very interesting take on folk-lore in every one of the episodes. I really dig the more laid back anime shows (that aren't about teen girl romances or hijinks) so this show was pretty good.

If you like more mature anime you should also check out a show called Monster. About 80 episodes long but I got really sucked into it.

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    BG Level

Who is the best subber for this series, and where do I find their site.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    Who is the best subber for this series, and where do I find their site.
    http://anitube.blogspot.com/search/label/Mushishi
    http://stage6.divx.com/videos/search:mushishi

or if you want the direct downloads

http://www.anbudom.net/

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    BG Level

I am a couple episodes into this so far and I'm enjoying it, do all the episodes remain rather self contained or do the stories kind of link together later on? So far the main char and Mushi are all that continues between the stories.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

That's pretty much the way all episodes are. In a few of them you'll see a handful of recurring characters other than the main character, but other than that the stories are completely separate from each other. It's a little odd at first, but it kinda grows on you as you watch more of it

Old Merits
    BG Level

I can't believe I never finished this series. D: I loved it but stopped at ep 9 for some reason.

Regardless, this deserves a bump for anyone who hasn't seen it! I always feel at peace with the world after each ep of Mushishi, lol.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I watched this on hulu awhile ago, it was pretty good. Hulu - Mushi-shi
    Its dubbed but its not bad at all.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Look interesting. I might check it out soon

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Watch it subbed, there's absolutely no replacing the way some of the voices are done (more so than in your standard anime). The narrator, for example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW71n30GCEY

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I agree you should definitely watch it subbed

loved the series, one of my favorites

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Who watches anime dubbed anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelan View Post
    I posted it on the anime thread a while ago, although it didn't get too much attention. I can't comment on the movie or the manga, but I've seen the anime and it's abso-fucking-lutetly awesome, I encourage anyone who's even vaguely into anime to watch it. If you're into action-ish animes, this might be a little slow for you, but give it a try anyway.
    Agreed. I watched this series a few years ago, really great stuff. I wish there was more though.

This is definitely one of those animes that stands out amongst the sea of unoriginal, cookie cutter animes.