+ Reply to Thread
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level

update causing ffxi crashes on vista

so, yeah i'm pretty much at a loss for what is causing the crashes, i thought with the usb problems that it was that (removing the device at the time increased frame rates, but dc'ing still happened when i tried to merit @ nyzul isle mamools). anyways yesterdays update fixed my fps issue and i was able to go through all of dynamis xarc with no real issue's, however when returning to that same camp the morning after my game crashes. it sounds kinda like all my sound processes get backed up (delayed by about 5 seconds) then i crash. i tried turning off ffxi sound in the config thingy but that didn't help either ; ;

if anyone else could shed some additional light on the situation i would be very appreciative.

Re: update causing ffxi crashes on vista

I won't make my own topic, but I've been having a similar problem. I get a

"PlayOnline Viewer has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

message every once in a while, happened 4~ times in an hour once. I'm on Vista and running the unofficial windower.