Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The joys of Sigil (Sanction of the Past)

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but i just checked with Miliart, T.K. in Sandy at L-9 and he is the one that provides the new Sanction/Signet.

Tested it out on 1 fight and it does give increased exp (my friend got 17 exp with it on for an Easy Prey, while I recieved 13 exp from the kill). Estimating off 1 kill, thats a 25% bonus in Eastern Ronfaure (s).

Also, another cool thing about it is the additional refresh, regen, increased meal duration you could buy stacks. So theoretically you could buy all 3 if you wanted (they cost 50 Allied Notes each).

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Re: The joys of Sigil (Sanction of the Past)

Now they just need to do something like that to the old areas so I can exp in sky again. OH SKY HOW I MISS THEE.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

FYI Sigil = Signet + Sanction, no TP loss while resting, XP bonus, auto-target bonus, exp bonus at 15%, and you can get Regen, refresh, meal duration and all 3 of those can stack. each costs 50 Allied Notes after you pick one it gives you option to get more on top of it

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Weavus
    Now they just need to do something like that to the old areas so I can exp in sky again. OH SKY HOW I MISS THEE.
    Yeah, getting chain 20 and waiting 5 minutes for more mobs *if* you got the best camp in the whole place was freakin awesome!

FYI Sigil = Signet + Sanction, no TP loss while resting, XP bonus, auto-target bonus, exp bonus at 15%, and you can get Regen, refresh, meal duration and all 3 of those can stack. each costs 50 Allied Notes after you pick one it gives you option to get more on top of it
    So things are always better in the good old days?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

what the hell is an auto target bonus?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fiofio
    So things are always better in the good old days?
    they're bad old days, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Eklm
    I don't know if this has been posted yet, but i just checked with Miliart, T.K. in Sandy at L-9 and he is the one that provides the new Sanction/Signet.

Tested it out on 1 fight and it does give increased exp (my friend got 17 exp with it on for an Easy Prey, while I recieved 13 exp from the kill). Estimating off 1 kill, thats a 25% bonus in Eastern Ronfaure (s).

Also, another cool thing about it is the additional refresh, regen, increased meal duration you could buy stacks. So theoretically you could buy all 3 if you wanted (they cost 50 Allied Notes each).
    Hm lets work on finding a variable now on exp bonus or if its static
    possible variables off the top of my head
    If the area is beastman or human controlled
    If the area is under your home nation

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Wilimac
    Signet provides you with bonus defense and evasion against the monster to which you are currently engaged, provided that it is Even Match or weaker and that you are not in Aht Urghan or in an [S] zone.

It's being reported in this thread that Sigil provides the same defense and evasion bonuses within the [S] zones.

assburgers
    BG Level

Thinking about it, I did notice that I went from being leery of random EP aggro to strolling around slapping mobs and laughing at them when I got Sigil.

Didn't check for healing TP, got 3 hp/tic regen on usually, which covers what little EP's do to me.

I did notice that when I got killed by an NM and was raised, it had that same wonderful +hMP thing that Signet does as I was back to full fast as hell.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Ok, some EXP numbers off VTs with Sigil in Beastmen controlled areas solo:
    Code:
    Chain #0: 252, 300, 294, 
    Chain #1: 352, 302, 352, 360, 
    Chain #2: 367, 375, 
    Chain #3: bah, no #3s I suck.
    The math wizards can have at those if they want.

One thing that I have noticed, is I've gotten about 4k EXP with Sigil and have gotten 0 Allied Notes for it. So, my plan to get a second pair of speedy shoes isn't working so well.

edit: Oh, and it's the same as Signet in the 'Beastmen control = no crystals' thing.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Plow
    Quote Originally Posted by Weavus
    Yeah, getting chain 20 and waiting 5 minutes for more mobs *if* you got the best camp in the whole place was freakin awesome!
    Wha? Rarely happened to me. At least at decos, and never at Aura Weapons.

I partially just miss the old days. ; ; Both my jobs hit 75 in sky.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

From what ive seen of sigil it has an exp bonus + the no TP loss while resting and the bonus things from sanction. The ONE thing it doesnt seem to have is u CANNOT earn allied notes from sigil unlike IS and CP from their respective altternates. Notes seem to only earnable try campaign participation from an area under attack or from completing assault style missions.

Compare the exp bonus chart for Signet with what you're gaining on Sigil. With two people under Signet, you get a 25% bonus. If solo, it's no bonus. The more people you have in a party, the bonus decreases. It would make sense if you're seeing a variable bonus percentage.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Wilimac
    signet gives you increased def and eva against the mob you're auto-targeting and fighting as long as they're even match or weaker

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I also noticed while exploring on my BSt/THF that when I was healing HP it went up really fast with Sigil on. I didn't have any of the bonuses added to it because I had to Allied Notes to spend. But it definitely seemed that healing HP/MP went much faster with Sigil on.

Now if only Sigil would last longer than 3 hours.

A. Body
    BG Level

Sanction only lasts about 3~5 at Superior Private, $5 says medals or something get you to 6+ in the next update.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Does the auto-target bonus work on mobs you manually targeted, too, or only on those you targetted via auto-target (e.g. defeat one mob, and it picks the next for you... I usually have this feature turned off)?

Banned.

BG Level

It works on monster you are engaged in combat with, as in weapon out.