Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New TP Moves     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New TP Moves

Did a few searches and couldn't find any other thread about this, was soloing a Yagudo High Priest in Meriphataud[S] and it used a move named Feathered Furore. It unequipped my shoes, didn't seem to do anything else. Fought a couple more times and was unable to get the move repeated, so I'm not sure if its random gear or specifically shoes. So, I made this thread to list new moves on older monsters:

Yagudo - Feathered Furore - Removes footgear(Possibly random equipment?)

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Re: New TP Moves

monster discussion thread?

Read it and it was almost exclusively about new monsters, no mention of any old monster using a different move. If mods feel this is out of place I'm sure it'll be locked or deleted >__> Just curious about other new moves

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ninita Nita
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Gnomeregan

its not just the nms.. i had this done to me 3 times yesterday... once it took my shield off, another my hat, another my body, so its deifnately random equipment. however the mobs that used it on me checked DC (Yagudo prior, and abbots in GC(s)).

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

i couldn't surpress a lol at your sig Thorny xD

Orcs in the past do "Orcish Counterstance", though while it was up I didn't get countered once, the 3 or so orcs I fought who did it.. lol

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The NMs during the crystal war event didn't act like normal monsters of their type either. I'm wondering if they were of the new expansion's beastman types? For example, the Parry used by the Yagudo NM in Giddeus gave Evasion Boost rather than the usual Defense Boost; also, it didn't link with the normal yagudo mobs around it, once of which was a BRD whose songs didn't affect the NM. Likewise the NM's Howl didn't boost the yags nearby even though it was practically on top of them.

Going to go mess with quadav today and see what their new move is.. has anyone noticed new abilities on mobs other than beastmen?

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny
    Going to go mess with quadav today and see what their new move is.. has anyone noticed new abilities on mobs other than beastmen?
    Quadavs had one called Diamond Shield. I am not sure on the word shield, but I specifically remember Diamond. I was on THF so steal failed and didn't get to dispel, but after it used it, my attacks on THF turned to 0, and my PLD friend was still hitting fine.

A. Body
    BG Level

By 'fine', do you mean the exact same range or above 0?

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorny
    Quadavs had one called Diamond Shield. I am not sure on the word shield, but I specifically remember Diamond. I was on THF so steal failed and didn't get to dispel, but after it used it, my attacks on THF turned to 0, and my PLD friend was still hitting fine.
    I used blank gaze after one of those used that move, said removed it's Shell effect, not sure if it had been pre-buffed or not though.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by LD
    By 'fine', do you mean the exact same range or above 0?
    I don't know exact range, it could be a huge defence boost, but my friend was hitting in the 30s-40s on his sword still.

I even tried moving to it's face where the PLD stood and same thing.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Diamond Shell is like the Wivres Granite skin where all attacks from behind the Quadav (its shell) deal 0 damage. seen Quadav campaign NMs use Wraith of Gu' Dha and Ore lob. Ore lob is an AoE version of Ore toss which is really nasty....

the Orcs have a new dance called Berserker's Dance which gives them haste. also seen Orcs using Orcish Counterstance.

havent messed with yags too much but ive seen 1 NM use a move called Dark invocation, or something similar that deals 1k+ damage through shadows to unbuffd Ninjas.

A. Body
    BG Level

He just said it didn't matter where he was, he still hit for 0.

Since when does a massive defensive boost only affect one person or, possibly, NOT affect one person? ._.

Sagacious Sundi

Damage-type related, I'd guess? Piercing did 0 and slashing did normal? Perhaps blunt and "H2H" (officially called striking or something) receives a reduction (but not flat 0) and the other receives a bonus?

It's possible that there's both a Diamon Shield and Diamond Shell, hence the confusion.

A. Body
    BG Level

That seems more likely, but I wasn't sure if the PLD was using Joytoy or not. :X

Completely resisting a specific Damage type. It probably isn't always piercing, but it's gunna piss a lot of people off all the same.

I was fighting a few quadavs with a CC out on bst, the first time one used Diamond shell my hits turned to 0 but CC still hit fine, then on a different quadav using diamond shell neither my hits or CC's hits turned to 0. It is probably 1 random type of weapon immunity (slashing,piercing ect). I was behind the quadav at all times.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

well... the quadavs i fought, if i didnt have hate and was behind the mob, id hit for 0 when diamond shell was up... so id just run and be face to face with the mob and hit for normal again. THF prolly hit for 0 since defense boosts and quadav defense. but im 99% positive diamond shell is just rear invincible.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Speaking of new weaponskills did anyone find the PC WSs in the .dats or has SE not added them yet?

P.S. I'm assuming that there aren't any actually added playable in game otherwise I'm pretty sure SE would have mentioned that in the version update.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

One of the slugs in Pashow did a move which removed ALL of my gear and placed a restriction of about 60 seconds before I could equip anything at all again. Sorry, can't remember the name of the move.