Item Search

BG-Wiki Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever been satisfied with a call you made to a GM?

Voters
559. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

201 35.96%
  • No

304 54.38%
  • Never needed to call one

54 9.66%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Re: Have you ever been satisfied with a GM's response?

Only helpful GM I've ever had was [GM]Gludd. I've had several others who were helpful, but not as helpful as Gludd.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Once, but it wasn't over anything major. I voted no though simply because 99% of the time GM responses are ridiculous. I was jailed and have a mark on my account for "casting Sleep on a Bark Tarantula in Dragon's Aery" according to the GM that jailed me. I play PLD btw. I sleep shit all the time? I wasn't even at the computer. But anyway...

The sheer inconsistency of the responses shows how terrible the GM service is. One GM will tell you one thing, and another something completely different. Some people get items returned, some never do. It makes no sense.

About a month ago one of our members defected to a rival ls and stole the ls Kraken. GM was called, investigated matter, gave us our KC back and gave him a 3 day ban for theft. Seems we found a GM that has common sense, or had at least played the game to a degree to understand the situation.

Ive sucked 27 dicks, in a row.
    BG Level

My favorite personal GM response:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/Tomatok/gm.jpg

Must've been a slow day, he showed up in person (and visible) just to drag me out of the water after I fell through one of Windy's trusty bridges. Materialized right next to me in the water and walked straight up the wall to "pull me out".

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've been happy before mostly because I understand that square probably handcuffs GMs so much that the GM can't do much even if they want to help. (unless they want to get fired)

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    I don't like the polls question. Have I ever been satisfied by a GM call? Sure. But I don't think the ratio is that great, though.
    QFT.

Only time i've had good responses from GMs is when people get stuck (person falling under bridge in Dynamis Windy etc). All the other times, they don't do anything for me. I remember a Tiamat that another linkshell was fighting, and they never got it below 100% for...over an hour. GM took 30 min to reply, then stood on the rock near Tiamat for another 30 min. They did nothing the entire time. Eventually the linkshell wiped and the GM sent a tell to the person who called them saying "situation resolved". Yeah through no help from you. Thats probably the worst I've seen from a GM call.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Zosi
    My favorite personal GM response:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/Tomatok/gm.jpg

Must've been a slow day, he showed up in person (and visible) just to drag me out of the water after I fell through one of Windy's trusty bridges. Materialized right next to me in the water and walked straight up the wall to "pull me out".
    lol, one time at Kirin we had to call a GM cause of RMT trying to steal Kirin from us (or mpk us, can't remember) and at the end the GM said something similar. Wonder if it was the same guy :D

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

The GMs are just normal people like everyone else trying to get paid. I'm sure most of you, that have a job, know that some of your fellow employees go way above and beyond to help out the customer, and some just don't care. I doubt it's any different with them, it's a job. Some of them probably love what they do and others do it for a paycheck.

I'm sure they get sick of people making calls for stuff like, "He's touching me, calling me bad names, taking my monsters, etc..." And the drudgery carries over to the next person that calls. I doubt any of them are superhuman or have any level or humanitarian understanding greater than anyone else in the game. I wouldn't expect any more out them than I do out of myself when I'm at work.

With all that said, I've never called a GM and felt like their response was unfair. I may not like what they have to say, but in the end everything was fine.

Banned.

BG Level

A McDonalds employee has never given me sushi. No matter how much I ask, they won't serve me sushi. I've never been satisfied with a McDonalds employee's response.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Xiae
    The GMs are just normal people like everyone else trying to get paid. I'm sure most of you, that have a job, know that some of your fellow employees go way above and beyond to help out the customer, and some just don't care. I doubt it's any different with them, it's a job. Some of them probably love what they do and others do it for a paycheck.

I'm sure they get sick of people making calls for stuff like, "He's touching me, calling me bad names, taking my monsters, etc..." And the drudgery carries over to the next person that calls. I doubt any of them are superhuman or have any level or humanitarian understanding greater than anyone else in the game. I wouldn't expect any more out them than I do out of myself when I'm at work.

With all that said, I've never called a GM and felt like their response was unfair. I may not like what they have to say, but in the end everything was fine.
    QFT. Amen, brotha.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

One time (a long ass time ago) someone called a GM asking why Kirin was so tough, he came and fleed after kirin for a bit, then told us he was angry :<

Don't think I've ever been satisfied with a GM response, so voted no.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Popeh Stein
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Xiae

If they are not resolving anything, then they shouldn't even be getting a paycheck, imo. You don't have to like your job to get paid, you do have to do the job however.
    In a working practice i'm of the opinion if you don't want to be here, gtfo for someone who want's to be here.

I've worked in retail/management/customer service/training throughout my working life and I am aware of one very factual certainty.

We, the consumer pay for a service which allows the devolpers and staff of SE/FFXI to receive a paycheck.

We, the provider (speaking on the other side) have duties somewhere in the chain to provide the consumer an experience or service. If you are employed as customer service staff, then you are there to resolve customer issues.

If you were not satisfied with the result of a GM call or feel they made a reasonable effort to help with your issue, then they did not do the job we are paying them to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    One time (a long ass time ago) someone called a GM asking why Kirin was so tough, he came and fleed after kirin for a bit, then told us he was angry :<

D: I remember seeing that SS.
    You were in Perfection still, no?

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

After I called a GM once on Canibus for flee hacking at Alastor Antlion, he got jailed about 10 minutes later. Whoever that GM was (I can't remember), I love you, haha.

Accusing someone in SB for flee hacking? How dare you sir.

Called GMs for being stuck a few times, help has always been prompt and polite.

Called GM on RMT for holding raged KB for about 30 mins. He showed up about 5 minutes later and jailed the whole alliance holding KB. GM Luminus I think.

Called a GM for a glitched ENM, couldn't help.

Friend of mine called a GM after a known fucktard was spamming racist insults at one of our LS. Apparently the GM told the fucktard that if he was caught being racist or vulgar in say or shout again he'd get a temp ban.

So I'm pretty satisfied by GMs.

Called several GMs in game for several reasons (bots, rmt, help over technical stuff, color of adaberk). I'd say that 90% of the answer I got were nice. They rarely seemed in a hurry to get it over with and dismiss me asap. However, I can say that I was satisfied of the outcome 20% of the time.
    So I guess even if they are nice, treat you well and seem to actually care about your issue, they can't really satisfy your requests because they seem to be highly limitated while doing their jobs.

I also did a few HD calls (account questions, POL issues, other non-FFXI related questions) and almost all of those calls were all dismissed as soon as an oportunity showed up. I was never satisfied by any calls made outside of FFXI. Heck I even made a long distance call for account information and I the guy hung up on me. Didn't get his name so couldn't do shit. So instead of paying a 5$ long distance call, I had to pay 10$...
    But I do understand that when a general issue is ongoing, they can't really give you more than that scripted answer. If they servers are congested, well they are congested. They can probably word it different for every dumbass that makes a call regardless of the obvious issue going on (hello? 5-6 announcements for the same issue?), but that would be wasting precious time answering real questions.

But anyway, I guess this thread was aimed mostly at the outcome. GMs are pretty much tied up and powerless (from what I understand) and the HD people are fucking rude and don't give a fuck about the paying customer. So I guess this is a no on my part.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Koga
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian

D: I remember seeing that SS.
    You were in Perfection still, no?
    That was super-mega-old-school, so yeah <.<

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Generally GMs have always been hepful, but if there is one complaint I have it's the way in which they respond to you when they're unable to take any action. Instead of explaining the situation or directing you to another person who could possibly further assist you, they offer nothing but a scripted response. I normally wouldn't have an issue with that, they're just performing their duty and they have guidelines to follow. However, the callous and condescending tone they uphold when doing so is what upsets me. I find some of the things GMs have said to me, or the way the say them, to be to be offensive and completely unacceptable. Sometimes it feels like they're going out of their way to be a rude smartass.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Popeh
    If you were not satisfied with the result of a GM call or feel they made a reasonable effort to help with your issue, then they did not do the job we are paying them to do.
    I hate to break it to you, but "we" aren't paying them for GM support. Just like your taxes don't pay your local law enforcement officers paycheck. What you are paying for, however, is the priviledge to access their online game. If at anytime you decide you don't like how they handle things or treat you, stop paying for the access and move on.

Something tells me they ban more people every month than anyone could rally up to oppose their GMs.