Item Search

BG-Wiki Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever been satisfied with a call you made to a GM?

Voters
559. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

201 35.96%
  • No

304 54.38%
  • Never needed to call one

54 9.66%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Popeh Stein
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Have you ever been satisfied with a GM's response?

Question stemming from my frustration with the scripted and inaccurate response in regards to the current registration situation.

However, whilst hitting 'Retry' like some zombified drone I began to ponder.

Have I actually ever spoken to a GM and being happy with the reply/action?

Personally, I have not.

I have always been given a scripted copy/paste line, told to contact some else, told there is nothing they can do etc and this is all based on issues or mechanics in the game.

I'm beginning to wonder, and I apologise for the post is it's just me thinking this, but do we even need GM's? Has anyone actually had a situation where they needed to contact a GM and had a successful result?

I perfectly understand GM's have limitations to what they are able to do, but can they do anything apart from move you from being stuck under a bridge?

Edit: Please keep in mind this is based on resolution of your call, not how polite they were >.>

Final Fantasy XI Music Devotee

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vianne Nys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Re: Have you ever been satisfied with a GM's response?

My only GM call ever placed was over 2 years ago, and Moonlite assisted me kindly and effectively with something I didn't expect them to.

A. Body
    BG Level

One time, these two twats were training WHM AF1 NM to the gates of Sebina. After I killed it, they were dancing around me, following me, and acting like shitheads. I ran to gustav, knowing they would follow me, went all the way to the Cape exit, double backed on the exit, and got the guy to run out and get himself kileld by the manticore. When I was running through gustav the first time, I was calling a GM to get him sent to the gaol, and he was.

So I got him killed AND sent to jail. I was satisfied.

There were also those times I get stuck in that one weird spot in jugner, with the mushrooms. Got me out pretty quick.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

only time ive called a GM was when i fell through sea and got stuck, took a while for a reply but when they came they got me out fast and asked if there was anything else i needed while they were there. he didnt know how to kill AV D:

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Long, long time when I was looking for SAM AF in Temple of Uglypig... The guardian for the door was missing. I called GM and he told me to relog to see if it's there... Nope, still didn't see it... So the GM went looking for it. He found that someone was holding it, so he did, using his own words, a karate kick to the guardian, it died and the door opens! Then he probably followed me around invisible since he found the chest I was looking for >.>

But he was fun, talked a bit more with him and he wanted me to say 'hi' to LS. I think it was GM Gludd.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

one time I randomly got stuck in the ground Ro'Maeve and a GM moved me, I was satisfied with being able to move again. >_>

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't like the polls question. Have I ever been satisfied by a GM call? Sure. But I don't think the ratio is that great, though.

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

GM's have never been helpful toward any of my calls. I would say its an unfortunate experience to call a gm when they just add to the problem instead of helping you with it.

¯\(°_o)/¯
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    I don't like the poll's question. Have I ever been satisfied by a GM call? Sure. But I don't think the ratio is that great, though.
    This.

Ive sucked 27 dicks, in a row.
    BG Level

I've had a few GMs that were playful/funny, and a few that were more
    "scripted". Haven't really had any that were dickheads to me personally. Depends so much on the individual GM and the circumstances.

i was in sky and gillies were camping despot and had been doing for the past 2 weeks

i called a GM and another of my ls members did

and then [GM]Gration popped while we were camping SC and flee'd through Ve'leu[tab] palace and nuked the gillies

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I've only called one once, and though he couldn't help me (I wanted to repeat a quest due to screwing up the choices I made) he was very nice. He could have told me that the quest reset every FFXI day >_> But at least he was nice.

I do wonder if they're told to placate us by making an appearance whenever they can't solve the problem, I didn't even ask and he was like "Here I am! Want a screenshot?"

I once called GM on a stun botter @ Tiamat more than 2 years ago.

There was a mule BLM there named Jini that was controlled by Yunnie (or whatever, some Yuna-esque name). I got to witness said BLM/WHM stun Fiery Blast about 8 times in a row before GM showed up all the while all the other stunners/blms missing Firaga III. While talking to the GM, he was wondering why I would ever figure this BLM was botting, and quote "How do you know this is not just a skilled player?"

Wtf.... seeing as how he:
    a) wasn't curing/stoneskinning himself from firagas going off and touchdown,
    b) stunned about 10+ blasts now up until this point,
    c) subbed WHM and
    d) wasn't even wearing any fast cast gear (not even rostroms or loq earring),

...how can he be skilled? You'd have to be really fucking lucky to stun every god damn blast.

It was really disappointing to see the GM do nothing and ultimately lead to a win about 4-6 hoursish later, but then again they only got a Wyrm horn so woo.

On a positive note, I like GM Luminous. He seems cool.

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

My first call ever was the only one I was satisfied on. It was my first or second day on the game and I saw someone named Fagsmustdie. I had read the manual before starting, so I was pretty sure that was against the rules (and it bothered me personally), so I GM called it. While waiting for the call, I wondered if maybe I had been wrong and it wasn't bad enough to be against the rules. I placed another call trying to cancel the first one.

The GM who contacted me was amazingly nice. Seriously, one of the nicest employees of an online company or off. He said I had been right to call about it and not to worry and all that.

No clue who it was, but hats off to him.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I've raised a few gm calls when I've been stuck, harassed or wanted to report rmt/fishbot names to the special task force. Every single one was well received and the gm was very helpful.

I've raised a couple when we think someone just bot claimed a mob or someone is speed hacking to kite a mob etc. Each one has fallen on death ears.

I suspect that the gm's are helpful as a general rule, it is just that they couldn't give a shit about our bleeding heart stories about how we'll never be all purple and shiny if the Japanese keep claiming.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Bagel
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    I don't like the poll's question. Have I ever been satisfied by a GM call? Sure. But I don't think the ratio is that great, though.
    This.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

A RDM/BST tried to mpk my LS @ Fafnir about a year and a half ago.

I called a GM, got a response in about 60 seconds, told him to physically look at the situation, and he jailed the rdm within minutes. Fastest response and action Ive ever seen.

Last week the rdm came up to me @ Fanfest, shook my hand, and called me a gigantic faggot.

^^

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I've had to call 2 gms in my day, one I was happy with the other I wasn't.

The first time I was camping Morion Worm back before they made it black and lowered the drop rate. There was a group of gilsellers on garuda called the Bens (Bena, Benb, Benc... and so on). I hadn't had a personal run in, in fact one of them stopped to raise, cure and buff me once in Ghelsba outpost, but I had popped morion and they apparently weren't very happy and tried to bind a jelly on me. Luckily a couple passer bys tossed me a couple cures and of course I moved so it couldn't hit me, but I called GM and after a couple hours waiting they never got back with me and nothing happened with the Bens. I know that some of the othe rplayers that saw called GM and still nothing.

The second time was recently, I was trying to do a KS30 with some guys and everytime I clicked on the burning circle it booted me out of FF. I called the gm (Qeepal) and he came, told me what to do, gave me the help desk number in case that didn't work and then we chit chatted a bit, it was cool.

I think one thing about GMs that we don't ever think about is all the varying situations they deal with. Of course they were helpful when you got stuck in a wall or something, because thats a quick fix, where as something that may require a lot personal discretion is a bitch to them because its "the harder part" of their job. They have this shitty position of also working for the RMT (because before you can confirm they are RMT, they are just noather customer), so even if the GM might suspect someone of Botting or RMT, th ey can't do anything without solid proof. Back in the day I remember if you mpked someone, as long as you didn't talk about mpking someone you could get away with it. It even looked better if you pretended like you were just zoning the mob.

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki
    A RDM/BST tried to mpk my LS @ Fafnir about a year and a half ago.

I called a GM, got a response in about 60 seconds, told him to physically look at the situation, and he jailed the rdm within minutes. Fastest response and action Ive ever seen.

Last week the rdm came up to me @ Fanfest, shook my hand, and called me a gigantic faggot.

^^

LMAO are you fucking serious? thats fucking hilarious.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Silvermoon

I have only called a GM 3 times.

The first time was to report a fishbot I saw flee hacking from Jeuno to Sauromugue Champaign all the way to Buburimu Peninsula. The GM was very kind and helpful, and the character, along with most of their buddies, was nuked that day.

The second time was to report that spammed /tell sent by RMT giving a link to a hack. Which, as most of us know, contained a keylogger. I only got an automated response but that's fair enough considering how many people must have reported it.

The third time was when I was insulted in /say and /tell by some huge asshole. (Racist stuff in there along with the usual "ur a fag".) The GM was very nice to me, but nothing was done about it at all and the loser didn't even get a warning. That did not leave me best pleased~

One other time was during the great R0 fest a while back- I got r0'd every time I entered the airship, meaning I was essentially stuck on it. A friend called a GM for me, and four hours later (while afk, having eventually managed to stay on long enough to get booted into Port Sandy) a GM sent me a tell saying he had moved me...

So yeah, if there's a quick fix they are ok. But if it's something between players they are often kinda useless. :/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast