Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Re: [WoTG] Random question thread

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordender
    Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi
    What is the name of the (TP?) move that warmachine uses that fills my chatlog with dead bodies? I really really hate him.
    Blastbomb, lolblu.
    Not just blastbomb; firebomb and fountain are retarded huge aoe damage as well.
    Ethereal Earring rules for being /WHM in Campaign. I took a 3,162 Full Swing to my face with no MP, and had MP for a fresh RR when I got up earlier.

Q: How does the EXP reward work? I show up, punch a few monsters, cure some people, pro/shell people who can't do it themselves, and get 0. And, yes, I had allied tags.
    http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/9...2100dt1.th.jpg

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by evilpaul
    Q: How does the EXP reward work? I show up, punch a few monsters, cure some people, pro/shell people who can't do it themselves, and get 0. And, yes, I had allied tags.
    Glitch?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Kkel
    I'm pretty sure Firebomb is single target and i know Burst (the arrow attack) is. BlastBomb is the worst one, it's radius is huge, unlike AoE spells the damage isn't split between the number of people that get hit by it, AND it has Additional Effect: Bind if you manage to survive the first shot.
    Firebomb is definitely AoE lol, see tons of people drop after each one goes off, and it's AoE for regular orc tanks too. Fire arrow and burst are the only single target moves they have.

Yrvaulair S Cousseraux -- He's a Sandy NPC, wearing the cool new red armor and using a polearm. According to "otherwiki", he "uses Angon ability".

When I was fighting next to him, however, I noted that the ability he is using is actually something called Volant Angon, not the normal Angon. When he would use this, he would shout his angry NPC slogan and cream the mob with a multi-hit weaponskill. Since I had some filters on, though, I wasn't sure if the "Yrvaulair S Cousseraux uses Volant Angon" message was referring to the weaponskill itself, or if he was using an ability called Volant Angon on each occasion just prior to Penta Thrust.

So that's my question: does anyone know if Yrvaulair S Cousseraux's ability "Volant Angon" is a new weaponskill? Or is it a new type of /ja that only this NPC has?

Note: I was tanking with this NPC nearby, so I couldn't get a good look at what he was doing. He was definitely using a multi-hit ws when he "uses Volant Angon"; I didn't see any type of Angon-like animation at any point, but it might just have been out of camera range for me. All I could see for sure was his spear coming in and sticking the mob when he ws. My filters also allowed me to see the message, which I think is somewhat odd, as I don't recall seeing many messages regarding other NPC actions, which may indicate it was a /ja instead of a ws. I dunno.

Volant Angon is literally "Flying spear" or "Winged Spear". Not the only variant- Mamool Ja Hussars (riders) have a "Burning Angon" WS as well.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

It's a job ability, just like how Laisave X Berlands (or w/e) uses Barrage, Cousseraux uses Volant Angon, if it's any different than the player Angon I can't say, and the only WS I've ever seen him do is Penta Thrust so that explains you always seeing a multi-hit WS

I once saw him attack some fortifications in Jugner, solo, using only Volant Angon >_>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9