Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Is this happening to anyone else?

Since I have installed WoTG, I have had serious DC problems. Xbox and PC both randomly dc for no reason. I will be playing normal, see the DC icon next to my name, see party/ls chat for another 10-15 seconds, then start getting r0. I know I have internet because I am talking on ventrilo at the same time. Seems to be happening every 5-10 min or so seriously driving me nuts now

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Re: Is this happening to anyone else?

Are they both d/cing at the same time?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vigilia Dulaurier
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I've got a similar issue. We don't even have the expansion yet but since roughly Friday afternoon we've been randomly DCd off the game and logging on or even hopping to a mule means going through several screens of POL-0011. We're running 2 PCs together via the same router to internet. Sometimes only one of us DCs while other bounces back from R0 (and we regularly R0 every 5-10mins like OP). It's unreal, we're on a stable 2.5k ADSL broadband and it's never been like this. We've tried everything we could think of- router reboots, upgrading router software (when we first thought it was our connection messing us about) running both windowed/fullscreen and nothing helps. It's been slightly better today than what it was Fri/Sat (still R0ing all the time but we can at least log between characters), probably just have to sit it out through the WotG registration shenanigans and for POL to settle?

same thing has been happening to me. on PC but i don't have the expansion yet. main & mules randomly getting d/c.

Quote Originally Posted by buttson
    same thing has been happening to me. on PC but i don't have the expansion yet. main & mules randomly getting d/c.
    the errors I get are FFXI-4002, followed by POL-0512.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

No not even at the same time, occasionally I will be playing on pc and xbox, suddenly char A on xbox dc's, pc + vent still working fine. Maybe 10 min later char B on pc dc's, vent + xbox still fine. Last night I reset my router (not like I think that actually has anything to do with it but figured why not try) and shut down xbox. Seemed to be working ok after I posted last night. Earlier in the day I was d/cing with just pc char logged in though so i know its not only when both are running. Hopefully I will get home after work and the semi-success I had last night will continue. /crosses fingers.

the errors I get are FFXI-4002, followed by POL-0512.
    ok, if i just sit in playonline without loading up FFXI, it eventually times out with POL-1300.

"Page view certification failed. Please try again later or verify your Playonline password."

i've changed my password and it still happens. guess i'l open a ticket.

Naver

Nope, just you.

the TCP/UDP timeout in my router had been set to 90 seconds the last few days. i bumped it back up to 10 minutes and i'm no longer disconnecting.

Sleep Deprived Galka BLM
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Ever since the update last week I've started DC'ing with growing frequency, and its' getting to the point where I can't count on being on for an hour solid any more. I'll just be walking or fighting or even just standing and then I'll just get the red circle of death and I'll DC after a minute. Any ideas?

I had this happen to me before I installed WotG. I got a new wireless thingy for my PC because the old one stopped working. Ever since I installed it, I DC like clockwork every 12 hours. If I unplug it from my USB port, I can reset the time that I DC at (like, if I unplug it and then plug it back in again at 5 PM, then I'll DC at 5 AM, then 5 PM the next day, then 5 AM again, etc). Same sort of DCing as you're describing: nothing else is affected save for FFXI, I've been able to browse webpages, talk on Ventrillo, etc, all like normal. I'll see the little red dot of death appear over my character, but ls chat, party chat, and everything else will continue to scroll as normal. Then my R will slowly start dropping down to R0 before I finally get DCed.