+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

NFL Week 13 Picks *Big Game Week*

Green Bay (10-1) @ Dallas (10-1): I'm going with Green Bay on this one. I expect this to be a really good and really close game. Personally I think Green Bay has a better secondary that should be able handle Romo and his offense. I honestly don't think TO will have that big of a game because he'll have Al Harris on him the whole time. People have questioned Green Bay's running game but they have found a pretty good running back in Ryan Grant; he's not great but he can definitely set up the play-action for Favre as well as prevent too many 3rd and Longs. I find GB's defense to be more aggressive and consistent.

Detroit (6-5) @ Minnesota (5-6): Even without Adrian Peterson, Minnesota can play pretty well on offense (with Chester Taylor that is), but the Vikings get AP back this week. Despite having people like Shaun Rogers, I don't think the Lions will be able to stop the powerful one-two punch of Taylor and Peterson. The Detroit offense has been incredibly out of sync lately and the good run defense of Minnesota should be able to stop Kevin Jones.

Seattle (7-4) @ Philadelphia (5-6)

San Diego (6-5) @ Kansas City (4-7) Picking KC for the upset here. With the good CBs that KC has, I don't think Philip Rivers will have a very good game and LT hasn't been playing like he was last season.

New York Jets (2-9) @ Miami (0-11) Despite having an 0-11 record, Miami has lost 5-6 of their games by only 3 points. I think Beck will get his first win as a starter in this game and Miami to go at least 1-15.

Jacksonville (8-3) @ Indianapolis (9-2) Indy still has all those injuries and Jacksonville seems to be getting better and better, especially with the return of David Garrard. I'm picking Indy to win, but I think it will be a pretty close game, and not a blowout like what happened when these two teams faced each other earlier in the season.

San Fransisco (3-8) @ Carolina (4-7)

Houston (5-6) @ Tennessee (6-5) Houston for the upset.

Atlanta (3-8) @ St. Louis (2-9)

Buffalo (5-6) @ Washington (5-6)

Cleveland (7-4) @ Arizona (5-6)

Denver (5-6) @ Oakland (3-8)

New York Giants (7-4) @ Chicago (5-6) I think the Giants will have another season where they perform very well the first half of the season, then fall in to a ditch the second half. Picking Chicago here for the upset; seeing that Chicago's defense is playing a little bit better, seeing that the Bears Adrian Peterson will probably provide Chicago with a running game, and seeing that Grossman isn't flinging the ball in to the air like a moron.

Tampa Bay (7-4) @ New Orleans (5-6)

Cincinnati (4-7) @ Pittsburgh (8-3) I was going to pick the Bengals for the upset, but I think the Steelers will win this. However, I think it will be a close game rather than a blowout.

New England (11-0) @ Baltimore (4-7) New England; hands down. Baltimore having a good run D doesn't mean crap against the Patriots. Baltimore has no offense and an old defense.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Re: NFL Week 13 Picks *Big Game Week*

It's a shame that half the country won't even get to see the Dallas/Pack game -__-

Cable companies are stupid

You know, Dallas/Green Bay doesn't feel like a big game to me. Maybe it's the whole "NFC sucks" factor... Or maybe the TV people are not making enough effort hyping it.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cephius
    It's a shame that half the country won't even get to see the Dallas/Pack game -__-

Cable companies are stupid
    I'll be streaming it on NFL.com. I hope it's a trend they keep up with.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

this question goes out to anyone who has NFLNHD, does everyones have that fuzzy grey bar at the top of the screen only on that channel or is it just me?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

After Cinci played Sunday, and Pittsburgh last night, I'm going to side with Cinci. Really hoping for a win, as I live in Cinci and lived in Pittsburgh. Need something to throw in my friend's faces.

Patron of Yin

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by octopus
    You know, Dallas/Green Bay doesn't feel like a big game to me. Maybe it's the whole "NFC sucks" factor... Or maybe the TV people are not making enough effort hyping it.
    I don't know what TV you're watching but the game being incredibly hyped on ESPN and other Sports Networks. It's a Big Game nevertheless; it's basically going to decide Home Field Advantage in the playoffs for the NFC and will also declare NFC supremacy for either of these teams.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by melbufrauma
    this question goes out to anyone who has NFLNHD, does everyones have that fuzzy grey bar at the top of the screen only on that channel or is it just me?
    top and bottom.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dense Fever
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Demosthenes11

This is Rex Grossman we're talking about here. We're talking 210 lbs. of twisted steel and sex appeal. I'm not just a gunslinger. I'm a cumslinger. Throwing that ball long tells all the Rexettes that I am fucking out there. On the edge. Where I gotta be. The ladies love the danger. The unpredictability. Oh, maybe I'll tease them with a pretty touch pass every now and again. But then I'm gonna go right back to pumping that ball out for all it's worth. It tells them I throw like I fuck. That's how we do things in the sexy business.
    LOL

Patron of Yin

BG Level

Haha that is hilarious.

Un-Rad Conrad
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Who would have thought in the beginning of the season that the Eagles stood a chance at the playoffs?

The Wild Card race in the NFC is heating up, I'm a bit more excited than I should be for a team that will inevitably lose in the first round.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Skirkle
    Who would have thought in the beginning of the season that the Eagles stood a chance at the playoffs?

The Wild Card race in the NFC is heating up, I'm a bit more excited than I should be for a team that will inevitably lose in the first round.
    Well, the wild cards will inevitably be playing the Seahawks and the Buccaneers in the first round, both of which are beatable teams. Don't give up hope on the wild cards just yet.

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

The Thursday GB-Dallas game, will that be broadcast on any of the regular channels or is it NFLNetowork only?

Being in Canada I'm betting it would be ESPN if anything, as I'm pretty sure TSN/CBC will be running hockey games that nigh.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I think the NFC, Top to bottom, isn't much worse than the AFC. It's just the top (as in top, i mean the pats) are just miles ahead of everyone. Until the colts get healthy, I'd put the cowboys and packers at or slightly ahead of them.

As far as the NFLNHD, Is this what you are talking about? Thought it was just me. It's fucking annoying, but I only get it at the top.

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/1773/nflhdqv7.jpg

Edit: Lol "BREAKING NEWS, WES WELKER IS GOOD!"

Patron of Yin

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elesirdur
    The Thursday GB-Dallas game, will that be broadcast on any of the regular channels or is it NFLNetowork only?
    I don't know, because on NFL.com they listed this past Thursday's games as NFL Network but when I turned the TV on Thursday I got all three games. I think one was on Fox and other two were on NBC.

I'm really hoping that's the case for this game. If not I'll probably just go out to a sports bar and watch it.

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Quote Originally Posted by Daahan
    Quote Originally Posted by Elesirdur
    I don't know, because on NFL.com they listed this past Thursday's games as NFL Network but when I turned the TV on Thursday I got all three games. I think one was on Fox and other two were on NBC.

I'm really hoping that's the case for this game. If not I'll probably just go out to a sports bar and watch it.
    I wish I could go to a sport bar and watch it. Fucking Canucks are playing the Blue Jackets that night, albeit 2 hours later, but Hockey always trumps Football around where I live.

Patron of Yin

BG Level

The game should so be Sunday Night Football.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Daahan
    The game should so be Sunday Night Football.

Agreed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast