+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Texas man kills 2 men robbing his neighbor's home

http://www.break.com/index/brave-neighb ... call2.html

In short, a man in Texas (white man) kills two men (2 black men) robbing his neighbor's house (while his neighbor is not home). Apparently under Texas law it is legal to use deadly force to subdue a thief covetting your nieghbor's property. What do you think?

P.S. Please someone argue this was justified.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Re: Texas man kills 2 men robbing his neighbor's home

I see nothing wrong here. Although I must say I'm never breaking into a friend's house on a prank/dare in Texas, ever. Stuff like this easily goes the wrong way in case of mistaken identity/intentions.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Andarvi, if i saw someone breaking into your house, i'd shoot them knowing you would do the same for me.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Was there a reason you bothered to mention their respective races?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Avinor
    Was there a reason you bothered to mention their respective races?
    Otherwise Al Sharpton would beat him to it.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Andarvi
    Didn't take long, did it?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'd personally never kill someone over property. Life if more valuable than that...but I'm not going to lose any sleep over 2 dead theives.

That being said, if someone breaks into my house (not my neighbors) they're gunna get shot. Not because I don't want my shit stolen, but because for all I know the person could be there to hurt me or my family.

The guy on the phone sounds like Dale from King of the Hill.

I'll bite. Considering it was within the law of Texas for this man to do this, it was justified.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

I would have rather shot them in the kneecaps(both) and let them go to jail. I also don't know why their race even matters.

Because the guy totally wouldn't have shot white potentially-armed thieves breaking into his neighbour's place, amirite?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Andarvi
    http://www.break.com/index/brave-neighbor-kills-2-robbers-911-call2.html

In short, a man in Texas (white man) kills two men (2 black men) robbing his neighbor's house (while his neighbor is not home). Apparently under Texas law it is legal to use deadly force to subdue a thief covetting your nieghbor's property. What do you think?

Well, it is legal in Texas, so, I see no problems there.

Tonko

I love living here.

As far as I'm concerned they got what they deserved. If you're willing to break into someone's home and still their shit that they paid for, GET READY TO GET SHOT AT YO!

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Because the guy totally wouldn't have shot white potentially-armed thieves breaking into his neighbour's place, amirite?
    This is, honestly, an excellent question. One that we will never have the answer to. (points at sig) This type of stuff clearly fascinates me.

Deserved it imo (especially since it's legal there), though I'd personally shoot the legs just to immobilize. Are we sure they died btw? Sounds like one ran off in the audio clip.

Any news story on this at all? Curious as to what happens to the guy, even though it is legal lol

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

That's just bad ass. He had to be within, like, 50 yards to kill the guys, so he had to be close. Hope his neighbor bought him a beer. I've had this inner struggle ever since I purchased my house as to whether to buy a gun or not. Id have, without a doubt, bought one already if it weren't for having an infant in the house. If only sean taylor had a neighbor like this...

shit, is it too soon?

I live in Houston 20minutes from where this happened and let me tell you this shit is scary on way too many accounts. The whole race thing should not at all be even brought up in this situation, but the honest truth is that is WILL be and somewhat MIGHT have something to do with the outcome. Not saying that because the guy was white and the guys were black and that all white people hate black people and all black people rob people, or vice versa or some other racist bullshit. Thats ridiculous. It just comes down to the fact that in this day and age, society has a altogether shitty outlook on making everything segregated in their own lives.

The town that this happend in, is a suburb of Houston and is predominently a wealthy area of town. Note, not just (white) wealthy, just wealthy. It houses many different types of people, all with somewhat of wealthy incomes. It is the home to many people, especially doctors, lawyers, and Houston basketball and football athletes. To put it in perspective, Beyonce lives is the same damn Neighborhood almost.

Anywayz, the guys that robbed the home next to this guy were not the most well put together, clean cut, african american guys. They were from another part of town, and honestly, too some people may not seem like they fit in in this part of town. With that said, when the man walked outside, and witnessed a robbery, one could only think that he believed they had the worst intentions. Possibly believing that they could have guns or any other weapon. Thats most likely what he honestly thought. He called the police first and didnt run outside and just start shooting. Does that make it right? Fuck no. But one can only realize the harsh and horrible reality that it is. However, there is NO reason that guy should have shot and killed those two guys for robbing a $500,000 home of $500 dollars worth of items tho. I dont care if the were fucking sentimental or not. This guy was on the phone with the police and literally said "I think im going to shoot them." I mean wtf.

On the reverse side, those guys KNEW that when they were caught, that this guy was truly scared. This honestly frightned them probably MORE than him, as one of them tried to take off running. They knew this guy was scared shitless and would honestly shoot them both if provoked. Yes they were robbing someone but I feel they were not in it to kill anyone, as those people were not home. To me people that rob someone at night when they are sleep are prepared to deal with a consequence of someone being home and kill or shoot or something along those lines. It was the middle of the day and there was absolutely noone home at this house as they were dressed up as repair people and had somewhat planned this out. Does that make it right? Fuck no. Those guys were wrong and deserved to get shot in the knees until the cops came. Did they deserve to die? Gtfo. No. I would not want someone to die over my fucking computer or my flat screen. And I would not want my fucking neighbor to shoot someone for stealing them. Texas laws are no fucking joke and altogether fucked beyond all belief. If you fuck up bad here, your fucked forever.

I work in a place where I cant talk about this shit at the watercooler so Im glad it was brought up here so I could somewhat let out my 2 cents, and hear what others have to say also. Sorry if there is mispelling or improper grammar, i know yall rape people on here for that stuff, 8) sorry if i offended anyone, I look forward to hearing what others have to say!
    Happy Holidays from the Lone Star State!

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

It has absolutely nothing to do with them stealing $500 worth of shit from a half-a-mill home, and everything to do with the safety of others in the neighborhood. The guy had no idea if the guys were armed or what their intent was. I have absolutely no problem capping a dirty piece of shit like that. What good comes out of shooting them in the legs and waiting for them to get arrested. So they can sit in prison for 5 years, get out, and extract revenge. Hell, you'd probably have to change names and move to keep your family safe. I love my wife and kid, and I be damned if I let a few hoodlums rob a house in my neighborhood knowingly. It begins when the successful robbery of one house in that neighborhood. Then the crimes escalate and expand. Who's to say your house and family is safe? Amen texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Atreausolis
    Sorry if there is mispelling or improper grammar, i know yall rape people on here for that stuff, and sorry if i offended anyone.
    Yes, well, here in the state of BG raping people for improper grammar is perfectly legal. :D

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

i live in texas, and if you rob me, ill shoot your ass.......

my neighbors, i dunno, but in my neighborhood someone gets shot every week anyway, so noone would think twice

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast