FFXIV Character
    Adrianne Lehmen
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Lost and Found

What the fuck is this shit?

Everytime I do this I continue to Assault I continue to fail. It makes -zero- sense that this fucking NPC says that we're getting very close yet the person closest to it is on the other side of the map.

fadsfsgdhgwdrywjegadgjkla, any suggestions?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Re: Lost and Found

Quote Originally Posted by Marcicus
    What the fuck is this shit?

Everytime I do this I continue to Assault I continue to fail. It makes -zero- sense that this fucking NPC says that we're getting very close yet the person closest to it is on the other side of the map.

fadsfsgdhgwdrywjegadgjkla, any suggestions?
    Don't listen to the NPC and just spread people out looking for the ???. That NPC sucks.

Pretty much ended up a wild goose chase when I had attempted.

But yeah, spread out; the NPC gives clues with SOME validity but nothing to follow 100%.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adrianne Lehmen
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

0/5 on this Assault. -.- One doesn't get rank up points for failing Assaults, right? :[

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

This assault is confusing, but kinda easy unless you get unlucky on hint. Basically, the assault is separated in 2 part

#1 Hot and Cold: (first hint)
    It's usually the hardest and longest part. Basically, you're looking for the second hint (it's all you need to find the ring). Just walk around and check the npc every 25 distances or so until she feel energy around. Using concentratic circle, you should be able to find the relative position of the "???" really fast. Once it spawn, you need to click it asap. If you get grav'd or pop a crab, just keep looking for more.

It takes an average of 4-5 "???" before you get hints, but it can be more.

#2 Triangle around the npc (second hints)
    Position the 3 PC in triangle around the NPC (you don't need to be close), but make sure they arent moving when you click on her. She will say give you the name of the person who is the closest from the ring. Using that, head in the relative direction of the ring. It shouldnt take more than 2-3 min to limit it to a tiny area.

To make the ring "???" spawn, npc need to stand right on top of it. You need to be extremely accurate, and moving her one little step away will make it unspawn. It can take up to 3-5min to make her walk on the correct location when you have limited the area to a small section of 1x1meter square. Move, wait 3sec, move, wait 3sec, move wait 3sec. If you constantly tab, you should eventually catch the "???".
    If you done Defuse the Threat, it might give you a good idea how the "???" spawn.

[edit]

Apparently, the first hint is confusing you. This one is used exclusively to find the 2nd and 3rd hints, and will never give you the position of the ring. Once you get the "player proximity" hints, it's the only thing you should be using for the rest of the assault,

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Apparently, the first hint is confusing you. This one is used exclusively to find the 2nd and 3rd hints, and will never give you the position of the ring. Once you get the "player proximity" hints, it's the only thing you should be using for the rest of the assault,
    ^ my group went 1/1 on this assault last week, this is the truth.

We had very little trouble doing it, but we also got the hint with the first ??? we found, so we had lots of time.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

My group went 1/1 on this as well, but it was down to the wire. The way I had it done was to let one person control the lady, while the rest of you scatter for the initial ???'s. Once you find the ???'s you're now able to use her as a tip. (I'm assuming you got this far)

using her to locate the ??? is a little difficult as you need to make a large triangle at first and bring it in. once we narrowed the spot of the item down, it took us another 5min to actually see it appear for ~30sec (I F8'd and got it XD yay hotkeys) Um, best tip I would give is to spam F8 and to use a very large triangle then shrink it. It worked pretty well. If you need any other tips I have some stuff typed up on my home laptop, just PM me i can help ya out. GL

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

We went 1/2.

Just find your hints, then triangulate your positions and work your way across the zone.

It's a crappy assault, but not impossible either.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I am now 0/2 on it as well... She kept telling us in one specific area where the ring was and we searched it for at least 12 minutes and never found it. She would tell us the closest person to it, we would scour the area around him but then she would say "I don't think we will find anything here."

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

This was by far the hardest assault of the 50 for me. Took 10 tries to get it, next hardest one took 3. This assault is complete bullshit. GL

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I can understand a bad luck once in a while, but this assault isn't hard unless you don't know what triangulation is. I've won the last 5 attempts without any sort trouble

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    I can understand a bad luck once in a while, but this assault isn't hard unless you don't know what triangulation is. I've won the last 5 attempts without any sort trouble
    I've won it a bunch of times as well, but sometimes she just lies to you. One I did most recently she said that the ring was no where near her, I had a feeling that she was wrong. I looked around for a ??? spot and clicked it to find the ring. I asked Nashmera to have her publicly flogged for trying to waste my time.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    I've won it a bunch of times as well, but sometimes she just lies to you. One I did most recently she said that the ring was no where near her, I had a feeling that she was wrong. I looked around for a ??? spot and clicked it to find the ring. I asked Nashmera to have her publicly flogged for trying to waste my time.
    I mentioned that earlier. The first message "I sense nothing", "I can feel some energy" "There is definitively somethng nearby" is used exclusively to find the 2nd and 3rd hint (or crabs/weeds). It will never indicate you the ring position
    The second hint "X players is the closest" will refer to the ring exclusively.

If she feel there is nothing around, it just means there is no hint in the area you are triangulating.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    I mentioned that earlier. The first message ut "I sense nothing", "I can feel some energy" "There is definitively somethng nearby" is used exclusively to find the 2nd and 3rd hint (or crabs/weeds). It will never indicate you the ring position
    The second hint "X players is the closest" will refer to the ring exclusively.

If she feel there is nothing around, it just means there is no hint in the area you are triangulating.

Best info in the thread yet. Thank you. This will help immensely.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Went 1/1 on this a long time ago too but we were close to losing. I think we won by pure luck. I found this one confusing >.>