Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gear for Enfeebling Gods     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Gear for Enfeebling Gods

What kind of gear would i need to Get Bind to stick with reasonable certainty on God? I know avesta can do it, but about how much +enfeebling do i need? and what gear do you suggest?

Re: Gear for Enfeebling Gods

Quote Originally Posted by Obilisk
    What kind of gear would i need to Get Bind to stick with reasonable certainty on God? I know avesta can do it, but about how much +enfeebling do i need? and what gear do you suggest?
    A hammer, some nails, and a couple of 2-by-4's.

Not Killing Ganon
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

even at full enfeebling skill (8 merits, nashira legs, aern cape, af2 hat, af body, earring, torque, and anything else im forgeting) full magic acc on pieces you cant get skill on, and aquilo's it will never be 100% to land on a God, Avesta got lucky and that wasnt his first attempt at all, plus he was exploting a weakness (seiryu is wind, bind is ice, ice beats wind) and probably started on ice day

if you wanna solo a god, do genbu and be happy lol

it's much easier to land an enfeeble on a god that's weak to it (Poison on suzaku, bind on seiryu, etc) but it's still gonna be more difficult than most other mobs in the game

It's all about Doton: Ichi. Just kidding. You forgot Mst.Cst. Bracelets in the list of enfeebling gear, but yeah. Enfeebling gods is never going to be 100%.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I've stuck Bind on Seiryu a number of times on BLM with no problem (OMGWHOBROKESHADOWBIND), so yeah, it's not hard to do that on a mob that's weak to ice. No idea about the others, but RDMs tell me that enfeebling gods in general is pretty hit-and-miss no matter how much +enfeebling you have.

Probably the same as trying to nuke them with an element they're not weak to I guess.

For the gods that aren't "weak" to ice, it's really messed up. For example, while messing around with genbu in a small group (me, 2 blms) i would cast bind with almost no enfeebling gear on, and with earth staff on, and it would land more often than not.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Seiryu is extremely easy to bind with just normal gear and merits. I was going to duo it with my friend but it was our first try so we brought up a pld/nin and a blm with us just in case (and it was a good thing because I think we would have died) . In about 50 casts of bind (not sure on actual number of binds but I'm talking about a 45-60min or so fight) my bind was resisted twice, and I don't have any fancy gear or anything. Poison 2, on the other hand, is a bitch and a half to land with normal gear. Even Avesta had to cast Poison many times to make it land.

After trying this I can say that if you do not have the absolute best enfeebling set and hat/dalm do not try to solo it because you WILL die. One bind resist and you are fucked solo, and if you don't have hat AND dalm I would not suggest even bothering with poison2 because the MP you will waste is like<_< a lot. Also impossible to win without 2 or more stacks of remedies so be prepared to put alot of money on the line for a chance at a martial head and some bragging rights. ( we got a dragon blood and some zenith slacks<______< yay )

So yeah enfeebling gods is not "Hit-or-Miss" at all. If the god happens to be weak to the element you are using (Bind) you will get a very good rate of success with proper equip (I'm not going to list the equip because it is obvious). If the god in question is not weak to the element (Poison II) it has a high resist rate.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Afaik Gods outright resist any element except the one they are weak to which would in my opinion not be limited to just Nukes but to enfeebles as well the exception being highly accurate enfeebles to begin with Dia, Bio and stun.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

after I had tried to land a para on byakko with 20+ tries before it land with never proc, I can tell that don't bother to enfeebling during fight beside bind >.>

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by levish
    Afaik Gods outright resist any element except the one they are weak to which would in my opinion not be limited to just Nukes but to enfeebles as well the exception being highly accurate enfeebles to begin with Dia, Bio and stun.
    They do not have an outright resistance like Jailers which are 100% immune to various enfeebles, they just have a disgusting magic evasion for enfeebles. I think even if the level cap were raised to 85-90 we still wouldn't be able to land enfeebles on them consistently.

They are pretty reliably enfeebled with elements that they are weak to, but every other element they are like 95% resistant. Even with ES you can't silence Suzaku reliably.