Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

tranquilizer and general pup questions

Hi i am in the middle of lv'ing pup and sad thing is there isnt a lot of guides and/or players at 75 i can talk to on my server. I am bidding on a tranquilizer and last price was 700k at this point I have bid 750k and still cant get it. How worth it is it for endgame, or maybe i should ask is the blm pup useful to a sky/hnm at all or is rng usally better. I do have other 75 jobs but I really want a new endgame job thats fun and want to know if pup can really work. I read on wiki they assume its 5%,10% ect but not sure if i can push close to a blm and still keep decent dmg.

Also if anyone on sylph knows a pup 75 i can talk to that use's it endgame or if there is someone that wouldnt mind PMing me or talking on the forum that would be great.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Re: tranquilizer and general pup questions

Quote Originally Posted by Damonkel
    Hi i am in the middle of lv'ing pup and sad thing is there isnt a lot of guides and/or players at 75 i can talk to on my server. I am bidding on a tranquilizer and last price was 700k at this point I have bid 750k and still cant get it. How worth it is it for endgame, or maybe i should ask is the blm pup useful to a sky/hnm at all or is rng usally better. I do have other 75 jobs but I really want a new endgame job thats fun and want to know if pup can really work. I read on wiki they assume its 5%,10% ect but not sure if i can push close to a blm and still keep decent dmg.

Also if anyone on sylph knows a pup 75 i can talk to that use's it endgame or if there is someone that wouldnt mind PMing me or talking on the forum that would be great.
    I'm a 68 pup, and I don't use the blm frame much outside of besieged yet. At your lvl you shouldn't even be getting the blm frame, get the whm one, it's much better. the blm frame doesn't get the Tier IV spells until the 70's, and before then you're usually better off with rng frame. I have never done sky/hnmles so I don't know if the blm frame is useful there, but your sig says you're a 42 pup, and i'm just saying you don't need to blow 750k+ on the tranquilizer at that level. even if pup can't work in endgame it's a fun job to play, though

Yeah I have whm in the works now I pick it up tomorrow. I currently use stormwalker a bit to help with being a off voke for sata and using stormwalker to keep me full. Also dmg seems pretty good so far on nukes best yet was just over 200 with 3 ice up but I will say rng is much more consistent thats why I was checking on tranquilizer to see if stormwalker could do better or if I could get a better return on cotanking when I didnt need a heal.

Ether way thanks for the info I will keep using rng until I hear frim someone that has good results with Stormwalker or Spiritrever at lower lv's. Btw it is a lot of fun this might be my fave job to date and I was really hoping I could use it in some of my endgame events and not really gimp myself from lack of my other jobs.

On the Couch
    BG Level

To be honest, many shells will prefer other jobs over PUP at endgame events. I'm PUP75 but 99% of the time I came on one of my other jobs. The only time I went on PUP after the WHM/BLM head update, I used the WHM head to be main healer for trigger farming in Sky -- not exactly a real strenuous test of the automaton's capabilities.

Having said that, I've heard some good things about the BLM head's capabilities on HNMs, but I've never personally witnessed it. So, you may want to take that with a grain of salt.

I used to be on Sylph. We may have spoken before, I can't remember. You might want to send Delain a /tell if you have in-game questions on PUP.

Great will do seems like everyone knows him. I will keep looking for him and thanks for the help. I really hope to find out the blm head or one of the setups has use.