Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

RDM Soloing 5-1 Country mission(50 cap)

I was wondering if anyone knew the link to a video of someone soloing this bcnm i heard its been done a few times and i was wondering how it was done so i could watch them. Or if anyone could shed light on the strategies that would be nice too. I've done all the bastok missions going to do the sandoria missions. What i've been thinking is rdm/blu with cocoon and tacos. (I have max sword merits) start off by chainspell fire 2ing down the other two skellies and fire the other ones as they pop while meleeing big guy. Thanks in advance

edit: now that i think about it since i have max sword and max blue magic skill maybe i should use bludgeon on adds probably will one shoot em.
    edit#2: Kinda makes me wonder if chainspell bludgeon will be better than chainspell fire 2 >.>

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Re: RDM Soloing 5-1 Country mission(50 cap)

I think the guy subbed DRG and used wyvern earring.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricen
    I think the guy subbed DRG and used wyvern earring.
    Didn't he do it before /blu was implemented though?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I've got the video of the RDM Tarutaru called Applepie who did it.

He definately did it before ToAU came out.

He was at a high level (can't remember exact value, probably 75) and he did mention on FFXI Online (Dreams of Vanadiel) that "a 75 phalanx/stoneskin is incredibly hard to break for level 50 odd mobs", which was indeed true as he took a hell lot of battering before the "main" boss's Blizzaga broke it.

I don't remember now but don't buffs wear off now for this mission upon going in? I also recall him subbing DRK because he did not have DRG sub at the time. (Proven in the video as he did not Jump, nor did he Double Attack)

He Chain-Fire2ed the initial 2 skellies down and then made use of the auto-target system (to take advantage of the "next swing no or little to nothing delay") to win the fight. He finished the fight JUST under the 15 minute limit (~14:40, didn't count exactly).

Used Hi-Potions to keep himself alive, and probably Fencer's Ring as he seemed to be in yellow HP most of the time. One shots the little DRK skellies too.

One thing I noticed while watching it, on the 7:21 mark of the video the boss casts Ice Spikes, just as Applepie was recasting Blaze Spikes. Applepie had Enfire on and as the Ice Spikes took effect, Applepie slashed the boss and for the strikes after that you didn't hear the Ice Spikes effect. Enfire dispels Ice Spikes??

I am uploading the video onto Rapidshare as I post this. I will post a link when it's done.

EDIT: Video uploaded. 46mb.

http://rapidshare.com/files/73988412/Ap ... -1_4th.wmv

EDIT2:

Just saw the OP's edits.

I would think using Bludgeon would be a waste of MP on the adds. Since they appear to have a tiny amount of HP, you should have no trouble one shotting them. Should the damage actually be quite decent (I never tried BLU sub) then it would be better to spend it vs the boss.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

After the no-XP loss patch for mission BCs, all buffs wear upon entering a mission BC. (You get a level-cap symbol no matter which mission you do, so it is like an ENM I guess.)

Not true, I've been in some level 75 BCNMs where buffs don't wear. KSNMs for example.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Speaking of RDM soloing. Anyone have some tips for Windurst 6-2? My elemental seal sleepga wears off faster than it did on the 8-3 pots.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vann Zirk
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sekkite
    Not true, I've been in some level 75 BCNMs where buffs don't wear. KSNMs for example.

You lose exp in KSNMs though, not sure what other fights you are thinking of.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

I didn't win the 5-1 mission, but I did try it solo as BST, several times, because I'm clearly insane. Anyway, I positioned myself to where all of the adds were on my Funguar pet, and I had the queen at about 85% when Fungy finally died.

Most of the time I was paralyzed from her Ice Spikes. I really, really hate Ice Spikes.

If a RDM can solo this, and apparently a really good one can, my hat's off to them. I couldn't even figure out a scenario where I could win solo as BST, much less execute it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekkite
    Sept said MISSION BCNMs..... KSNM is not a mission lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well... Subbing NIN would be kinda dumb since Ichi will get eatin from the extra mobs. Circle blade has the potential to one shot all surrounding skeles so that could be very helpful. WAR sounds good... Maybe WHM for auto regen or something (as well as divine seal and uhh... -nas). Would highly recommend meds.. Also would look at diff weapons and what not. Crimson blade looks good, there's a parry+10 sword that sounds really good. Taco and DEF gear and a MND setup maybe for paralyze.. I'd say with maxxed enhancing merits, it would make the fight pretty easy. (I know you only get like what, +8 skill from merits at 50 I think?)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

This was primarily possible when buffs didn't wear- you could enter with pro4,shell4, and level 75'ed phalanx,stoneskin. These things cannot be overlooked, as it buys you basically 3 free minutes to wail away not worrying about your buffs falling.

Yes, applepie did sub drk, but commented later on that subbing DRG would have made more sense with the Wyvern Earring. /BLU also has its merits in this.

I sincerely doubt that its possible nowadays since you can't have overpowered buffs entering this BC- if someone is able to do it with just level 50 buffs (not to mention the time loss since you'd have to buff and rest/med back MP inside during the timer) I'd love to see it done- would be an even greater accomplishment than the original.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

What song is that in the video? Second time I've seen it, and its pretty catchy.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Sweet Release
    by: The Trouser Ethusiasts

He had it on "loop" for the first "half" of the song.

The "full on mix" goes on for about 9 odd minutes.

bludgeon was doing 200 damage per cast definitly much more mp effective than fire 2. I ended up duoing it with a rdm/war. we won in 13 minutes. Waiting for buffs was a big time sink.

Not quite solo, but thanks to an LS member's strat, I've pulled this off with RDM and BST/NIN. CS Fire II to kill the first Sorcerer and 2hr'd diremite jug pet on the 2nd one, then RDM and diremite melee the boss while the BST kills the adds. You definitely need gear (so no going naked) and a good amount of meds to win. We've tried it twice: won first time but it was close (should have had a few more meds), ran out of time the 2nd time because we medded to full after buffs + waited on Call Beast timer (you only get 15 minutes). Went back with a naked Soboro SAM as a third and won very easily with just a few meds.