+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Best underrated rpgs you enjoyed to the bitter end...

when i read forums about old rpgs i never get to read about Lunar silver star story complete or games like the legend of the dragoon which i thought were sweet rpgs. I enjoyed playing them and wish i still had them to this day. What are some of your favorite ignored rpgs?

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Re: Best underrated rpgs you enjoyed to the bitter end...

Just picked up Fire Emblem 7 for the first time, and I'm wondering why the hell I didn't play this sooner.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Xenosaga trilogy, and Eternal Sonata.

Starless

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso
    Ignored RPGs.

Quest 64, yo.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Starless
    Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso
    Ignored RPGs.

Quest 64, yo.
    Quest 64! such an incredible awesome game EVERYONE should play!

Shin Megami Tensei 2. Wish It had been released in the US but the material may "still" be a little too controversial lawl-

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

wow quest 64... that's such a good game lol... people definitely need to buy and cherish that game!

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

The only thing I remember about Quest 64 is that insanely long and linear ice tunel (maybe the shitty gameplay made it feel longer?). Because. camera was repositioning itself randomly after every battle and everything looked the same, I ended up getting lost in a straigth line for hours. I eventually zoned out where where I started 3 hours later.
    Final dungeon and boss were also retarded, way too hard.

Underrated RPG? Xenosaga series, Shadow Heart (except 3, it kinda sucked). Phantasy Star IV

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I liked Saga Frontier a lot.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Borisan
    Same here, I never did finish it though since I never owned the game.
    I think a friend let me borrow it for like 2 days or something.

I remember playing as the guy who could become Alkaiser, last boss I remember was some spider thing... not sure how far that is, but I do remember wanting to play it again for awhile.

I just never did get around to it, and I should.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Borisan
    I absolutely hated it. You never knew where to go, and nothing really made sense. My character's story sucked bad time, and monster strength was completly random.

You would move to another screen and mobs would suddently one shot you. You open a chest in an easy dungeon and you have to fight the destroyer of world who rapes you before you can even act.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I don't remember it being like that @_@;

But then again, I didn't finish the game, so maybe that kind of stuff comes later!

gonna save some hot babes and punch radiation in the mouth.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Frostwolf

Great Greed and Legend of Legaia come to mind. GG had this boss that kicked my ass all the effing time. I think her name was Thyme or something like that ;_;

Quite a few on the Playstation that I thought were underplayed (underrated as well). One was Granstream Saga, the other was Guardian's Crusade. I thought both were good, Granstream Saga had a great battle system and what I thought was an excellent story, I need to replay this again actually...just to check. Guardians Crusade was pretty average from what I remember, nothing really was outstanding except for when you got to the end the hero's attack turned into some crazy combo.

Umm, I played Adventures of Alundra but I don't remember much of it. Jade Cocoon and Legend of Legaia were great too.

I honestly think Parasite Eve (1 and 2) are underrated games, both are so fucking good I wish they would make a new one... Vagrant Story is pretty underrated, or least commonly forgotten.

My absolute favourite game though had to be Threads of Fate. Memorable characters, charming story and fun game = childhood dream come true. And just to make sure it wasn't just the nostalgia googles I played it over again recently and it was still just as good (but 10x easier lol).

i hope you're all joking about quest 64 ._.

not an old game but probably one many may not have heard of that i really enjoyed, Jade Empire for XBOX was a fantastic game, still have my copy =3

uhh what else...oh ya, not an RPG (well sort of but not really), Hybrid Heaven for N64 was another good game but someone borrowed it then moved away

Old Merits
    BG Level

The Shin Megami Tensai games I always felt never got as much praise as they should have, Nocturne was an AMAZING game and the rest are pretty darn cool too. I agree with the Shadow Hearts games too, I traded my copy of the original years ago and haven't found it again since.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Guardian's Crusade, definetly. Easy to overlook but what a damn fun game it really is, one I can confidently say I will never tire of returning to play.

Shadow Hearts series as well, to a point. The second was generally popular and highly rated (for good reason), same with the third in many ways. The first however definetly falls under the underrated category, not as good as Covenant but a damn good game nonetheless and very innovative in its day.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    My absolute favourite game though had to be Threads of Fate. Memorable characters, charming story and fun game = childhood dream come true. And just to make sure it wasn't just the nostalgia googles I played it over again recently and it was still just as good (but 10x easier lol).
    Haha, I didn't get a chance to play it when I was younger... I only got to play a handful of games back then (money problems).

I did get to play it recently, and I love it.

I definitely enjoyed that game, I didn't know that it was underrated. I saw a thread about it on /v/ talking about how great it was... no one seemed to disagree.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I think Lufia 1 and 2 are the most underrated games ever. Not many people know about them or have played them and I think they are two of the best RPGs ever.

Dragon Quest 7.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Breath of fire and legaia 2 anyone?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast