+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Week 14 Picks.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

NFL Week 14 Picks.

Week 14 technically starts tomorrow so I figure'd we better have this thread up.

Chicago @ Washington - R.I.P. Seaaaaan.

Miami @ Buffalo

St. Louis @ Cincinnati

Dallas @ Detroit - Sorry D-town, guess you'll be rooting for the Pistons the next time you have a team in the playoffs.

Oakland @ Green Bay - Farve is preparing to be the starter, but even if he plays a little banged up, they still have Aaron who played extremely well last week.

Tampa Bay @ Houston - I can't bet against their defense.

Carolina @ Jacksonville - Garrard looked good against Indy's defense. Taylor and Mojo-jojo are playing well too. I like this team a lot and I hope they can upset Indy/NE in the playoffs.

NY Giants @ Philly - Ward had a nice 154 yrd performance but he broke his ankle and is out for the season. Luckily for the Giants Brandon Jacobs started practicing again. Lito Sheppard proved he can defend Randy a couple weeks ago, but I still think the Giants can pull this one out.

San Diego @ Tennessee - Did you see the throws Vince was making last week? Haynesworth proved how well that defense can play with him in the lineup. LT I love you, but I think I like Tennesee's 4th ranked rush defense a little more.

Minnesota @ San Fran - http://youtube.com/watch?v=R2X5-FY5IRY

Arizona @ Seattle - They got lucky against Cleveland, but I trust that Kurt Warner can and will make better decisions than Feeley did last week.

Pittsburgh @ New England - Big Ben's O-Line just isn't cutting it for me this year. I like the Steelers a lot but they haven't really been tested in 2 weeks.

Kansas City @ Denver

Cleveland @ NY Jets

Indianapolis @ Baltimore - If Baltimore defense can comes back with the same intensity they had last week, and Boller/McGahee play at the same level; I don't see how Baltimore can lose this difficult home game.

New Orleans @ Atlanta - New Orleans has probably won the award for biggest underachievers this season, but I still like them over any team lead by Joey Harrington.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Re: NFL Week 14 Picks.

I agree with all your picks, except I'd probably take Philly over NYG just because Eli has been so shitty lately. I'll also take SD over Tennessee. Also it's finally the week I'm going to choose against the Patriots. I think Pitt has all the right things in play to be the one to take them down. And I'll take Colts over Baltimore, they definitely won't play as well as they did last week.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Keno
    I agree with all your picks, except I'd probably take Philly over NYG just because Eli has been so shitty lately. And I'll take Colts over Baltimore, they definitely won't play as well as they did last week.
    I'm a NYG fan so my opinion doesn't really count for that game.

The Ravens held Indy to what, 15 points worth of field goals last time they played? And that was withMarvin in the lineup. Mcallister showed Randy what was up last week and I think he'll do the same thing against Reggie. I understand why you'd bet on the Colts, but the Ravens are playing extremely well right now. Peyton picks apart zone coverage so don't expect Baltimore to not but guarding man for most of the game. Their secondary matches up really well against a Harrisonless colts.

The other 2 games you mentioned are kinda wait-and-see tossups imo.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay
    I agree with all your picks, except I'd probably take Philly over NYG just because Eli has been so shitty lately. And I'll take Colts over Baltimore, they definitely won't play as well as they did last week.
    I'm a NYG fan so my opinion doesn't really count for that game.

The Ravens held Indy to what, 15 points worth of field goals last time they played? And that was withMarvin in the lineup. Mcallister showed Randy what was up last week and I think he'll do the same thing against Reggie. I understand why you'd bet on the Colts, but the Ravens are playing extremely well right now. Peyton picks apart zone coverage so don't expect Baltimore to not but guarding man for most of the game. Their secondary matches up really well against a Harrisonless colts.

The other 2 games you mentioned are kinda tossups imo.
    Agreed on all points, but I still think Indy will be able to take apart the Ravens. Coming off of this week isn't going to help them. Then again, they may be going in with something to prove. Will be a fun game to watch at the very least.

I'd pick the giants over philly, reason that eli sucked so bad a couple weeks ago was that it was all on his shoulders, ward and jacobs were both out that game i think and he just couldn't handle having to put the load on his shoulders. last week he had ward back for which took some of the pressure off him and he played better. not great mind you, but better.

I think this week with jacobs back in the line-up and healthy he'll be able to have the control to play against a very mediocre eagles team.

Everything else looks good, I just hope that dallas beats the piss out of detroit cause my fantasy playoff dreams are riding on romo, owens and crayton.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Skyylya
    I'd pick the giants over philly, reason that eli sucked so bad a couple weeks ago was that it was all on his shoulders, ward and jacobs were both out that game i think and he just couldn't handle having to put the load on his shoulders. last week he had ward back for which took some of the pressure off him and he played better. not great mind you, but better.

I think this week with jacobs back in the line-up and healthy he'll be able to have the control to play against a very mediocre eagles team.

Everything else looks good, I just hope that dallas beats the piss out of detroit cause my fantasy playoff dreams are riding on romo, owens and crayton.
    Umm, last week was the worst I think I've ever seen him (Eli) play. Not sure what you're talking about exactly...

EDIT: I stand corrected, sorry. He did indeed play much worse in the game against Minnesota. But you gotta realize, that was against Minnesota, a team that is far superior to the Bears.

I didn't say he played good, i said he played better.

against a team worse than both the previous two, and having their best running back in the game he should do better this week as well. and having jacobs running like he has been will be a huge boost to their game. I think the giants will win it because they won't have to rely on eli as much.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Skyylya
    I didn't say he played good, i said he played better.

against a team worse than both the previous two, and having their best running back in the game he should do better this week as well. and having jacobs running like he has been will be a huge boost to their game. I think the giants will win it because they won't have to rely on eli as much.
    Eagles worse than the Bears? Questionable. But yes, the addition of Jacobs will definitely open Eli up to getting some more passes downfield. Also they can once again setup some play action that people might actually fall for...

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

My first time picking on BG:

Chicago @ Washington - Chicago is bad on both sides of the ball right now. Take away what little run game Adrian Peterson is going to give Chicago, and that leaves too much pressure for Grossman on the road.

Miami @ Buffalo - Miami is defeated?

St. Louis @ Cincinnati - I'm kind of hoping Cinci loses so Chad Johnson will force himself to another team this offseason, but I don't think STL's defense has a chance at stopping Palmer.

Dallas @ Detroit - The loss of Roy Williams = no playoffs for Detroit.

Oakland @ Green Bay - Usually I'd go for the upset here, and the "omg they lost 2 in a row, is X team actually for real?" all over ESPN, but Oakland is really bad.

Tampa Bay @ Houston - Houston is terrible. Read about Houston at my new blog. <3

Carolina @ Jacksonville - I don't know how Carolina beats anyone. Look for Steve Smith to holdout to force a trade.

NY Giants @ Philly - If McNabb is back.

San Diego @ Tennessee - I'll be at this game. You know who I am picking.

Minnesota @ San Fran - The other* Adrian Peterson is going to XPLODE!

Arizona @ Seattle - My upset pick.

Pittsburgh @ New England - Half my fantasy team is on NE <3

Kansas City @ Denver - Kansas City can't stop the run, and Denver has a great O-line to stop Allen.

Cleveland @ NY Jets - Upset pick #2 (Because TN needs them to lose!)

Indianapolis @ Baltimore - Baltimore used up all their energy, and have nothing to play for except a new coaching position.

New Orleans @ Atlanta - Colston will have a big game.

Heh, I'm actually worried about Miami @ Buffalo, for Buffalo's sake. Mostly really because I don't want the Bills to be the first team to lose to them, and being a cursed Buffalo fan, I can see that happening.

What I would truly like to see is an unwinning Miami team beat the undefeated New England team. Oh the laughs that could be had.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Chicago @ Washington

Miami @ Buffalo

St. Louis @ Cincinnati

Dallas @ Detroit

Oakland @ Green Bay

Tampa Bay @ Houston

Carolina @ Jacksonville

NY Giants @ Philly

San Diego @ Tennessee

Minnesota @ San Fran

Arizona @ Seattle

Pittsburgh @ New England

Kansas City @ Denver

Cleveland @ NY Jets

Indianapolis @ Baltimore

New Orleans @ Atlanta

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Dear BG forum posters,

Please keep picking against the Seahawks, just like you've done all season.

Sincerely,

Byrd

(P.S. Seriously, BG as a group has picked the Seahawks to lose 8 1/2 times this season (once was split 50/50). I would consider it a curse at this point if you all started picking them).

P.P.S. My winners, since I wouldn't feel right posting in this thread without them, even though I haven't all year: Washington, Buffalo, Cincinnatti, Dallas, Green Bay, Houston, Jacksonville, Philadelphia, San Diego, Minnesota, Seattle, New England, Kansas City, Cleveland, Indianapolis, New Orleans.

P.P.P.S. Next year, we'll have to do an NFL Pick 'Em to go with the College Pick Em.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

And I'll take Colts over Baltimore, they definitely won't play as well as they did last week.
    It's in Baltimore, and as we know, Ray Lewis likes to "get excited for my crooooooowd"

Do enough people listen to Ray Lewis' radio talk show, or other radio shows that get a kick out of Ray Lewis quotes to get this? My guess: no

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Chicago @ Washington

Miami @ Buffalo - Calling it here first. Miami to go 1-12.

St. Louis @ Cincinnati

Dallas @ Detroit

Oakland @ Green Bay

Tampa Bay @ Houston

Carolina @ Jacksonville

NY Giants @ Philly

San Diego @ Tennessee

Minnesota @ San Fran

Arizona @ Seattle

Pittsburgh @ New England - New England to go 12-1.

Kansas City @ Denver

Cleveland @ NY Jets

Indianapolis @ Baltimore

New Orleans @ Atlanta

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

As a from-birth Green Bay fan - I have nothing to worry about with the Raiders, even though they whooped the Broncos way more than GB did.

Right? Right?

i'm changing my vote for the giants game, now that jacobs has said he's not even 100% playing, and even if he does he 'wont push it'.

rueben droughns as the only back? he's ok, but can't dominate a game.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Anyone catch the Mercury Morris rap on ESPN?

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Viq
    Anyone catch the Mercury Morris rap on ESPN?
    yeah lol he's such a crackhead.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Chicago @ Washington

Miami @ Buffalo

St. Louis @ Cincinnati If the Rams have Bulger back they might stand a chance.

Dallas @ Detroit

Oakland @ Green Bay

Tampa Bay @ Houston Hope Luke McCown plays again because I'm excited to see how he plays.

Carolina @ Jacksonville

NY Giants @ Philly

San Diego @ Tennessee

Minnesota @ San Fran

Arizona @ Seattle

Pittsburgh @ New England Final test for NE's supremacy

Kansas City @ Denver

Cleveland @ NY Jets Really want to see the Browns in the playoffs

Indianapolis @ Baltimore I honestly don't think Baltimore can pull off Monday's night game again...

New Orleans @ Atlanta

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Chicago @ Washington - Leave it to Grossman to give everyone hope and then just crush all the dreams and hopes.

Miami @ Buffalo - I heard the Bills' scout team was favored by 7.

St. Louis @ Cincinnati - Bulger might not be back, even if he is back, not really 100%.

Dallas @ Detroit - upset of the week, no basis for my prediction, just a feeling.

Oakland @ Green Bay - They need to play russell ffs.

Tampa Bay @ Houston

Carolina @ Jacksonville

NY Giants @ Philly - redemption game for McNabb to be loved by Philly again, he'll have a big game.

San Diego @ Tennessee

Minnesota @ San Fran

Arizona @ Seattle

Pittsburgh @ New England - very hesistant about this pick

Kansas City @ Denver - bounce back game really.

Cleveland @ NY Jets

Indianapolis @ Baltimore - emotions all used up

New Orleans @ Atlanta

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast