Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Freelancer NPCs? Where are you!?

So apparently we can begin recruiting NPCs to help out in Campaign after today's patch? Details in the update message were pretty much nonexistant. Has anyone found anybody to recruit? Is there an Allied Note bonus gained from doing so? What all has to be done?

Thus far all I've seen is the one screenshot of Maat in the past but he didn't seem overly keen on joining anyone so maybe a certain rank is required to influence NPCs into joining certain factions?

I am sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere. Don't see anything about it on the boards. ; ;

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Re: Freelancer NPCs? Where are you!?

ppl started to post about them on the last page but it wouldn't be bad to have a sperate thread for how to recruit them and what not.

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=26195&start=600

List Rocl posted of possible Freelances; Italic is info about the NPC in present, Bold is info about where to find in the Past.

Kagetora - Any area surronding Jeuno(Rolanberry, Sauromugue, Batallia K-9). Accepts shurikens. - member of the Tenshodo, looks like when he uses Utsusemi he produces "real" copies of himself, like some Mamool NMs. NPC involved in NIN AF and other quests, located in present day P.Bastok

Dalzakk - Runs along the road in Sauromugue to the North of the Mountains, runs all the way to MeriMnts - involved in MNK AF quests

Oggbi - Galka from MNK AF, and Asuran Fists quest

Rainemard - H-10 Jugner Forest, Talks about LaVaulle being slaughtered by the Orcs and if Altana guides him he will help me - Elvaan RDM from RDM AF, Curilla's father

Maat - Found in any Starter areas. (N.Gusta,Saruta,Ronfarue) Top of Zegham Hill in N.Gusta, K-4 Ronfarue by RagPass, East of Fort in Saruta on Starfall Hillock, accepts Testimonies - you know who

Azima - Found at a random "dead" zoneline in North Gustaberg. E-7, ???, ??? - Advanced synthesis support NPC for Alchemy

Choh Moui - Located in CN, near bottom of ramp. Something about ???s and giving her Chigoes from them, possibly 8? - made BST food, has 8 chigoes

Azo - Choh Moui's pet

Vahi - Choh Moui's pet

Ulla - Bastok Markets, accepts Flowers - Accompanied by Kilhwch

Kilhwch - Bastok Markets, follows Ulla - Excalibur NPC

Duskraven - Battalia Downs, NW corner of F-5. Accepts 500gil as payment. - accompanied by Dusk Raider x 5

Titania - accompanied by Faerie x 9

Babban Ny Mheillea - ???

Abenzo - ???

Bryher - ???

added some info from other ppl who found a few. will try to edit some about the NPCs and were they found.

12/07/07: Added stuff. -Rocl
    12/11/07: Added Ulla info - Rocl

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I got a PM a while back saying Kilhwch was the Excalibur NPC, if it helps.

Ah yes, I forgot I found what appears to be more Campaign NPCs that I foolishly disregarded earlier (thought they were part of the Dark Kindred, or some sort of opening CS- however since the release of WoTG I have been proven otherwise)

Duskraven - accompanied by Dusk Raider x 5

Titania - accompanied by Faerie x 9

Babban Ny Mheillea - ???

Abenzo - ???

Bryher - ???

(I edited your post for you Judai)

Rainemard is in Jugner around H-10, ran past him today picking up the cavernous maw.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

cool ^^b

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Ripper
    Rainemard is in Jugner around H-10, ran past him today picking up the cavernous maw.
    Could you be any more precise? I'm in Jugner now looking for him, and I can't seem to find him. No campaign is going on.

my guess is maybe maat accepts the testimonies and remembers them later on in the future should you need to fight him. otherwise have no idea about that one

When I saw him he was leaning against a tree looking into the peninsula like area you can access going towards present day Davoi. Not sure if he moves from this spot or not, but he was in that spot the whole time I was there, which was like 2 minutes tops.

His text differentiated the first time I talked to him than the second time, but I was awesome enough to not take a screen shot thinking he may of already been found and reported.

Edit:
    I was on RDM at the time, not that it probably matters.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

When I saw him he was leaning against a tree looking into the peninsula like area you can access going towards present day Davoi. Not sure if he moves from this spot or not, but he was in that spot the whole time I was there, which was like 2 minutes tops.

His text differentiated the first time I talked to him than the second time, but I was awesome enough to not take a screen shot thinking he may of already been found and reported.

Edit:
    As I thought. He's just not up on Bahamut. I'm out here on RDM/RNG, all the other campaign NPCs have appeared on Wide Scan, and I've been all over H-10 :s

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl

Edit:
    As I thought. He's just not up on Bahamut. I'm out here on RDM/RNG, all the other campaign NPCs have appeared on Wide Scan, and I've been all over H-10 :s

So then is it assumed that once they are recruited to that country, they automatically go into battle whenever that nation is fighting? Or are there maybe prerequisites to initially pop them?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

[quote=Jack The Ripper]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Jack The Ripper":1561sqli

Edit:
    So then is it assumed that once they are recruited to that country, they automatically go into battle whenever that nation is fighting? Or are there maybe prerequisites to initially pop them?[/quote:1561sqli]
    Could be either, no way to tell yet.

Since in the other thread Wizrow confirmed my theory on some Campaign NPCs I have now tell you which ones I know from snooping in the DATs

Kagetora - any jeuno zone (Rolanberry, Sauromugue, Batallia)

Maat - any starter zone (Gustaberg, Sarutabaruta, Ronfaure)

Azima - North Gustaberg

Duskraven - Batallia

and that's all I could find, other than the ones already listed

PS: I'm too lazy to update your post again Judai

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Just to confrim all three starter areas, Maat in Ronfarue, K-4 by Rag Pass.

He didn't say anything weird when i tried trading random junk. Maybe that one person was mistaken and he does give different text for testimonies? I traded gil and an echo drop and he just gave me same text about "maybe it's time to join in the fight".

Ryko's Full of Lies and Johns
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ryuu Akaneiro
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Dunemaul

Dalzakk's also from the MNK AF quests. He's one of Oggbi's students.

Edit: Doubt it'll be relevant, but meh.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

yea, rocl had that listed, forgot to add it in. never know, their future roles may help to recruit them \o/

edit; found Kagetora K-9 Batalli Downs, pretty rude guy.. said, 1"I don't have time to entertain the likes of you. Get out of my face." 2"What the hell are you looking at?" Must be angry for being forced to stand in a corner by himself and stare at a wall.

If trading items is the way to get these guys recruited instead of a quest or something, I was thinking of scrounging up a tenshodo pass to trade to kagetora. Anyone happen to have tried it yet to save me a trip?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Tenshodo Invite didn't work~ Gonna try to switch to NIN before I head to bed.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Judai
    Being on NIN doesn't work. Wearing full AF doesn't work. Having shadows up doesn't work. Shihei and any other form of ninja tool doesn't work. Trading him NIN AF doesn't work either <_< (nor does gil)

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

rofl at trading him NIN AF, kk, off to bed then!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

rofl at trading him NIN AF, kk, off to bed then!
    I can always request it!

I hope this maintenance is like "Oops we forgot to add the NPC that lets you do Headhunting LULZ" or something this is very frustrating

Bleh it didn't- still no sign of Rainemard on Bahamut

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Being on NIN doesn't work. Wearing full AF doesn't work. Having shadows up doesn't work. Shihei and any other form of ninja tool doesn't work. Trading him NIN AF doesn't work either <_< (nor does gil)
    But did you try the oral sex. Maybe they call it headhunting for a reason.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast