Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level

Authors Wanted: BG-Wiki Guide on how to reach (S) towns+Tips

I'm hoping to get a very solid guide for this, as it doesn't quite fit in the Mission page. Rather than ask someone to write it up, I'll transport information here into a guide(giving credit to those who assisted). This information has been said before, but it is rather scattered. What I would like to do is condense it and maybe even get more out of it. I'd love to see someone to edit some maps to reflect the paths taken. Additionally, tips to make the trip like painful.

:3
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

Re: Authors Wanted: BG-Wiki Guide on how to reach (S) towns+Tips

Preface:

This guide assumes that you, as a reader, know the following:
    1) You have bought and registered the Wings of the Goddess Expansion
    2) You have a burning desire to get to one of the three starter zones, and have already picked up your recommendations letter from the respective NPC (If you'd like this included in the guide let me know, but I assume a guide to walking to the towns eliminates this)
    3) Your goal is the Town, NOT the Maws (Again, if you'd like this included, a quick edit)
    4) You have already zoned into one of the Maws around Jeuno and have saved yourself if you got warped to Saur. Campaign by getting either the Rolanberry or the Batallia Downs Maw.
    5) As a traveler, you are aware that YOU NEED SNEAK AND INVISIBLE. Aggro is not on the fault of a guide, but on the fault of a traveler. I will make note of things I know that may and will cause aggro, however it is up to the individual to be safe.

How do I get to San d'Oria:

Batallia Downs:
    Please refer to this map (original design courteous of http://www.ffxi-atlas.com, edits courteous of MS paint):
    http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...alliaTrip1.jpg
    First thing's first, let's get ourselves located in Batallia. There are are two starting locations, if you got lucky and were warped to the Batallia Downs Maw, then you will be looking at Path A:, slightly more daring, yet shorter. If you got spat out in Rolanberry or the Campaign, you'll be walking around the southern area via Path B:.

Path A:
    Since you start at H-5, there's no trickery here, simply aim yourself towards Jugner (F-9) like you normally do, and you should be fine. There are Goblins in the G-5/G-6 region, and there are Gnoles in the E-8/F-8 region. Random Orc along the way. Bring Invisible.

Path B:
    Alas, our trip begins way in the south-east corner, and we'll be staying south since it's the fastest. Your first goal is to reach the top part of I-9, which is a somewhat straight run West from where you zone in from, maybe a little touch north. Once you get to I-9 you'll see a marvelous wall (no agro in this area to a 75 either, so you're pretty gold). Climb over this wall, and miraculously it is now the Batallia downs from years ago. Continue hugging the southern wall further West. Gnoles are located in the G-8/F-8 region, so beware or have Invisible, and make your way to Jugner located at F-9.

Jugner Forest (First Visit):
    Please refer to this map (original design courteous of http://www.ffxi-atlas.com, edits courteous of MS paint):
    http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...ugnerTrip1.jpg
    This'll be quick, there's not much else to it. The basic idea is to follow the south wall right after you zone. More specifically, you'll be starting at (L-4/L-5) and you'll be headed West to K-5. From there, head south through the narrow path until you come upon a gate. This gate is functional, of course. Continue following the left wall as you pass through the gate and you'll be headed East to L-6. This takes you to a pretty new zone which will make you cry tears of why do I have to go through here.

Vunkerl Inlet:
    http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...InletTrip1.jpg
    So, now our journey really begins. You start at F-4 and your goal is D-10, but if only it were as simple as walking straight to. Let's begin. First thing's first, there's plenty of Orc, Fierce Simolion whatevers (tigers), and Djinn to keep you company throughout the trip, be prepared with Invisible and watch for magic agro. Secondly noted, Bugards do agro, and they agro sound. I'll mention where you should run into them, if you take this path it's only one or two spots, but either way have Sneak on the ready. Finally, if you have found a Cyclopian Gate, or any gate for that matter, this is not good news, do not open it.

From F-4, head South-East towards G-5 (bugard territory). You're looking for a path that takes you further EAST and not NORTH. Once you're headded East, follow the south wall to a bridge (to the South, no less) at H-6. Cross this bridge and head due East immediately, winding you down another small path and taking you to I-7 with a bunch o tigers. Once again follow the South wall and immediately head South to another bridge. Cross this bridge and this time we're going to be headding West. Through the narrow path that is taking you WEST and not SOUTH, you'll make your way to G-8, where there might be some agro, i'm not so sure, but i'm pretty sure not. Follow the South wall of G-8 and take a small path that leads you further South into a big open area with a tower near water. Ahhh, this is pretty much the most active area of the Inlet, too bad we're just passing by. Continue South to F-10 and throw up Invisible, from here on out Djinn and Orc will plague you. We'll take the West path from F-10 through a small little path that will take us SLIGHTLY WEST then SOUTH, not SOUTH and EAST. If you come to the part where you might fall off a location, consider turning around as it's not necessarily incorrect, but not on our path for today. Headded West/South, you'll pass an Orc camp on your right, and you'll really want to try to exp off them, but that's not for now. Once you're at F-11, hug the North wall and head West towards D-10, our final goal, Jugner?!.

Jugner Forest (Second Visit):
    http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...ugnerTrip2.jpg
    So the original trip through Jugner was a joke, now is the time where you'll understand why everyone hates Jugner so much.

We begin at J-12, that's right, the very bottom. Our goal will be F-5, the very top. And along the way, we will pass by such wonders such as Gnoles, Orc, Ladybugs, and other delectables that we may not want to agro. Invisible is requird, Sneak will come into play at parts.

From J-12, head North (after already witnessing some Gnole and Orc) and drop off the edge. Continue north, staying on the West side of the river until you make it to I-9. Note: While you are going north, you will come upon a ramp-like structure with an orc guarding it. This will be what you use to get down to the lower floor, as fences may guard your way. At I-9, you will want to take the bridge that crosses the WEST river, and not one that crosses to the East. I'm sure there's a path that way, but I prefer to travel the path most beaten. While I say you're crossing the West river, you're actually still heading North. In fact, you'll pretty much be heading towards the Outpost at I-8. Wave to the guard, or the people slaughtering campaign mobs, and then head East towards the river. You'll be crossing over a One-Way path to the East in I-8, and then immediately keeping the river to your left by headding North. Sneak is needed at this point, as Biddybugs will aggro (I cannot verify this, but I always travel safely). Continue North, and do NOT cross over the river until you make it to a large lake located at I-6. In I-6, there is a crossing over the river, which you will take. From here on, mobs are below 75 and won't agro, so yay. Keep the Lake to your right, and head North-West towards G-5, then head East to your final destination.

East Ronfaure:
    http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...faureTrip1.jpg
    I'm not sure a guide is really needed on East Ron. It's just like the original zone, and there is very little that will agro you at 75. There are goblins in the VERY North East region, and Orc/Djinn/Trees in the VERY South West Region. But you won't be going near these.

You start at J-11/K-11, and your goal is G-6. Simply walk North and West. That's.. it. There's a river that is a little troublesome on us Tarus, but so long as you aim to cross straight across the river you should be fine (IE - don't travel up it). It's a diagonal path (More North than West) with not too much trouble along the way save trees. And maybe a fort to wave to.

Welcome to San d'Oria.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

How do I get to Bastok:

Rolanberry Fields:
    http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...berryTrip1.jpg
    Rolanberry Fields is great, in my opinion, because the Maw is so close to the zone lines that even though I labeled them as two paths, they're pretty much exactly the same.

Path A:
    You start off at H-6, and just head South towards the Pashhow Marshlands zone line at H-14. Invisible and Sneak needed, as there are Goblins, Gobbue, and Quadav along your trip. This isn't difficult by any means, just long. Refer to the map if you feel you might get lost.

Path B: So you got the Batallia or Campaign Maw, that's ok. Just head to the respective zoneline to Rolanberry and start headded to J-6. Take a nice look at the wall, and go through the gate if you're coming from the Campaign, stay on the outside if you're coming from Batallia. At this point, it might be wise to head to H-6, and go ahead and grab the Maw since it's nice and easy to locate.

From here, either follow Path A, or simply head South towards Pashhow Marshlands. If you are unaware of how to get there, refer to the map. Sneak/Invisible needed as stated in Path A for Goblins/Quadav/Gobbues.

Pashhow Marshlands:
    http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...shhowTrip1.jpg
    Once again, another zone that really hasn't changed much at all. You start yourself in K-4, and you are aiming for F-10/F-11. Note: Just like Rolanberries, this trip is full of Sight and Sound mobs. Have both ready and up. Begin by getting out of the narrow path and heading South for K-6. You'll see a Stronghold, either barren or filled with Campaign goodness, but we don't care about that. From K-6, head West towards H-6. Head South and slightly East towards I-8. At I-8, you'll want to head East and pick up the Maw located in K-8, since it's along the way.

From the Maw, head South-West to H-10, North-West to G-9, then South-West again towards our final destination at F-11. Following the South wall from G-9 onwards will get you there no problem.

Grauberg:
    http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...ubergTrip1.jpg
    No tricks, just one long arse hike that goes up. And then up. And then Up some more. And then whatever it is that comes after up. Oh yes, Down.

We begin at J-3, and end up at C-14/C-15, which just by counting numbers equates to one hell of a walk. Luckily, there's no real tricks to it. Have your Sneak and Invisible ready to go, Quadav, Weird Lizard Things, and Trees are in your path of agroz.

Note: I am a San d'Orian through and through, so I am not the most familiar with these possible side trails that look a lot quicker than my path, I can only give directions for what I know to be true.

We start at J-3 and head South. Due South. And while you're headed South you'll be heading up. a long ways up at that. South to J-8, then slightly West (I-8) and continue South some more. You'll pass a fort, do your waves, and you guessed it, continue South to I-10. At I-10, you'll head slightly East (J-10) then South to an open area. You'll want to head South-West from here. Head South-West to H-12, then due South through a not-so-large gap (do not worry if you accidently went through the path at I-12, they both lead to the same area) and head to H-13. From here, your path is to hug the south wall and head West. So long as you keep hugging that South wall, you'll be fine all the way to C-15.

North Gustaberg:
    http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...abergTrip1.jpg
    North Gustaberg is just how you remembered it, only they were convenient enough to build a path that connects the bottom to the top. Hoo-rah.

Start at F-7, end at J-9. Let's do this. From F-7 head South to the river. Follow the river West towards the bridge and cross it headded South. After you cross the bridge, go East and hug the rock wall going South towards F-9. Soon you should see the shining beacon of a path that goes steadily up to the East. Take this path until you are up top and head South East. You should find a dirt path to follow at this point and pretty much it is a great idea to just keep along that path headding East. But from the path up, you'll head South East to G-10, then East to H-10, North-East to H-8, East to the river at J-9, cross the river and head South East to your final destination.

Welcome to Bastok.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

And I hate windurst, because everything takes bajesus time to get to. But I'll work on that too.

assburgers
    BG Level

Not to disparage, but I went through and got all of my Maws the first day, I only used a powder to get through the gobs barricading the route along the wall through Meri.

You can generally just take a nice path around any and all aggro to go to the cities, it seems like that was intentional, as some spots are a nightmare to get into. Yet I can happily stroll from one end of Rolanberry to the other without sneak/invis.

Also worth noting, the safest and quickest way through Karugo is straight through the fort when you get too it, even when it's under Beastman control, it's free of aggro.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

This guide skips two Maws. One (Jugner) is a pain in the ass to go back and get, the other (N. Gusta) is not so bad.

assburgers
    BG Level

Jugner isn't hard to get.

Zone in, go to another town.

Sign up there, OP warp to Jugner, go get your maw/go to sandy/never go back to sandy once you get the quests done.

Not like you're missing anything.

It's just Sandoria.

:windy: POWAH

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

And in the interest of a complete and extensive guide, I think these should be included.

So nyah

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

It's supposed to be a map and directions to the towns, not the maws and any little sightseeing trips you want to go on during your trip. He even mentioned that~ None of the maws are even hard to get to and both of those are even listed on the maps anyways.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

If you wanna skip maws , and you have a brain to think for yourself, it's easy to read where you can skip sections of his guide.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

I would like to reiterate 2 points.

1) The title of this thread. It is "How to get to the cities". It is 'not' "How to get the Maws".
    2) If you look at number 3 in the very beginning of the guide, I specify, that I assume you are going for the towns, NOT the maws. And added that if BRP would like, I could toss them in as well.

:\, I try to follow directions. If I'm going to camp Stray Mary, I don't want to hear that Steelfleece spawns by the crag so it's worth a look.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

Also, if I'm going to be corrected, It should be done properly.

I neglected -4- Maws:
    Batallia Downs
    Jugner Forest
    East Ronfuare
    North Gustaberg.

If you're curious as to why, they are not directly in the path to the town, and I had no reason to reference them (as in, From the maw go xxxx). If i had decided to hug the right wall completely in Rolanberry fields instead of cutting through the middle, I would indeed, not have mentioned getting it since it would then be out of the way.

However, I'll throw in 'detours' for those areas so that people can fast reference them should they choose to.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vigilia Dulaurier
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowrunner
    Grauberg:
    http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...ubergTrip1.jpg
    No tricks, just one long arse hike that goes up. And then up. And then Up some more. And then whatever it is that comes after up. Oh yes, Down.

We begin at J-3, and end up at C-14/C-15, which just by counting numbers equates to one hell of a walk. Luckily, there's no real tricks to it. Have your Sneak and Invisible ready to go, Quadav, Weird Lizard Things, and Trees are in your path of agroz.

Note: I am a San d'Orian through and through, so I am not the most familiar with these possible side trails that look a lot quicker than my path, I can only give directions for what I know to be true.

We start at J-3 and head South. Due South. And while you're headed South you'll be heading up. a long ways up at that. South to J-8, then slightly West (I-8) and continue South some more. You'll pass a fort, do your waves, and you guessed it, continue South to I-10. At I-10, you'll head slightly East (J-10) then South to an open area. You'll want to head South-West from here. Head South-West to H-12, then due South through a not-so-large gap (do not worry if you accidently went through the path at I-12, they both lead to the same area) and head to H-13. From here, your path is to hug the south wall and head West. So long as you keep hugging that South wall, you'll be fine all the way to C-15.
    Good guides overall, just to elaborate on your above mention about shortcuts yes you can take the shorter-looking route easily enough (blue line in this map). Just be aware at around where I shaded it with red you may or may not run into some Hippogriffs that still con Tough(? I only checked a couple of them) to 75 and kick your ass if they see you. It is a lot quicker though and the bits that look like one-way ledges are waterfalls where you drop down in big leaps.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...bergTrip1b.jpg

Also around I-11/J-11 in Grauberg there is no aggro to a 75 however Chigoes will.

There is no 75 aggro south of the Stronghold apart from that. Nice to let people know they won't need to sneak/invis the whole zone.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Removed

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I've noticed various NPCs marked, such as a goblin named Leadavix... we have any idea what they do yet?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage
    I've noticed various NPCs marked, such as a goblin named Leadavix... we have any idea what they do yet?
    Most of them are used in quests

There is also a ??? at G-10 in this map.
    Its surrounded by 3 Gobbies.

Banned.

BG Level

Nice maps, you guys deserve three :bagel: :bagel: :bagel:

Quote Originally Posted by Tajin
    Nice maps, you guys deserve three :bagel: :bagel: :bagel:
    Can I get my :bagel: Onion flavor please?