Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: New Exp/Merit Locations     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

New Exp/Merit Locations

I'll start:

Level 8-15 can be soloed well in the past starter zones.

23-25: lycopodiums in rolanberry S and other areas adjacent to Jeuno seem to be an ideal EXP camp. They don't aggro or link, don't have dream flower, can be exp'd on with sigil bonuses and, best of all, there are sprites nearby (or at least 1...) It also gets high traffic during Campaign, so you probably wont have to worry about raises since either a campaign player or a sprite is probably going to come by you. Oh and I almost forgot, the fake aggro makes it possible to occasionally pull 2 at once with no ill effects

28-32 Rock Eater in Grauberg
    Decent number of spawns. Spawns start pretty much from the zone line to N. Gust just need to watch for the roaming Goblin Skirmisher as you move farther in. No pixie to my knowledge.

36-41: Colibri and Ladybugs in E Ronfaure S. They're pretty easy and don't link, you only have to watch out for aggro from ladybugs during the day. The only TP move that ladybugs use at night is Sudden Lunge, a single target damage + stun + knockback. There are camps all over the place, but a good one is near the place that would be the zone to W Ronfaure in the future. Ladybugs also have a bit higher stats during the day.

35-40: Beetles in Meriphataud Mountains S D-6.

43-46: Lynxes on the northish end of Meriphataud Mountains S. Rather than having the THFish traits of normal Coeurls, they have WARish traits which means manageable evasion! They also have Charged Whisker, which does some AOE lightning damage, but it's not hard to deal with. About F5/G5 is a decent camp iirc

42-44: Crawers in Rolanberry S around Taru NPCs

65-66sh: Grauberg Hippogryphs in Grauberg from F-9 to G-7. 15% exp bonus! Attacks fast so they're kind of dangerous for NIN tanks, PLD is much better for them. However, if you have Elegy+Slow, NIN tank is probably preferable since you can avoid Fantod. Fantod gives a Boost effect that makes the next attack they land deal tons of damage (800ish). Kind of evasive. They have a few more semi-nasty tp moves, but they are not that hard to survive.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Re: New Exp/Merit Locations

the skyrend area in grauberg has a lot of VT drakes. maybe good for meriting

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

ppl already said the wyverns hit hella fast and hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Judai
    If you can get the exp bonus, they are great to manaburn on. 5kHP and easily take 1-1.3k from standard IV nukes depending on gear.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=26517

Another thread about XP camps.

Also, I think you could XP on Sidhe (T Faeries in Grauberg). I don't know what their TP moves are like, but these don't seem to act like normal faeries, they refuse to cure you. This seems to imply that they work on a different hate system than the rest of the faeries (if there is a hate system, is this confirmed?) and so may be burned without any negative consequences. There's a ton of them too.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Colibiri in East Ronfaure [S] are 45-47 level range so possibly ideal for 35s?or 35-38?

Banned.

BG Level

This expansion seems to have added a ton of 15-70 exp camps. I heard only a few things about Lobisons(Gnoles) in Jugner. They are all VT to 75, but shouldn't be too difficult when it isn't Full Moon.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    I'll start:

For 23-25 the lycopodiums in rolanberry S (and possibly the other regions near jeuno) seem to be an ideal EXP camp. They don't aggro or link, don't have dream flower, can be exp'd on with sigil bonuses and, best of all, there are sprites nearby (or at least 1...) It also gets high traffic during Campaign, so you probably wont have to worry about raises since either a campaign player or a sprite is probably going to come by you. Oh and I almost forgot, the fake aggro makes it possible to occasionally pull 2 at once with no ill effects
    To add to this, the Lycos here don't use the AoE TP wiping move SE had mentioned. All I've seen is Scream, Headbutt, Wild Oats, and Photosynthesis.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hi all,
    The colibri in East Ronfaure [S] checked to me as between IT and IT+ at lv36, and I'd very much like to try this out. Unfortunately, my last party I suggested it to consisted of 3 DNC (One of which was me) and 3 DDs, and the other Dancers weren't keen on losing their TP. If I manage to form a more conventional party before 39ish, I'll try and drag them over.
    I'm hoping they haven't warped the stats of these ones in comparison with the present versions :X

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by drade
    Hi all,
    The colibri in East Ronfaure [S] checked to me as between IT and IT+ at lv36, and I'd very much like to try this out. Unfortunately, my last party I suggested it to consisted of 3 DNC (One of which was me) and 3 DDs, and the other Dancers weren't keen on losing their TP. If I manage to form a more conventional party before 39ish, I'll try and drag them over.
    I'm hoping they haven't warped the stats of these ones in comparison with the present versions :X
    Because Feather Tickle is AoE right?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adrianne Lehmen
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

That's totally what he was getting at.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

At the 35-40 level range you typically don't fight something more than 7-8 levels above your current level, so a set of mobs ranging from 45-47 seem like they'd be best fougth at 38-39, which still leaves a 6 level cap from your highest member to the lowest mob (200 exp or near that).

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

i tried to xp off the colibri in east ronfuare [S] this morning and i found about half a dozen good camps where you could xp off of IT+ @ 36 colibri and ladybugs with minimal troubles. theres plenty of mobs little fear of aggro and of course gods wonderful gift pixies.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Shiriokumo
    i tried to xp off the colibri in east ronfuare [S] this morning and i found about half a dozen good camps where you could xp off of IT+ @ 36 colibri and ladybugs with minimal troubles. theres plenty of mobs little fear of aggro and of course gods wonderful gift pixies.
    do the colibiri in past reflect or like lesser?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Akroma_Seraph
    Quote Originally Posted by Judai
    If you can get the exp bonus, they are great to manaburn on. 5kHP and easily take 1-1.3k from standard IV nukes depending on gear.
    Merited on these quite easily with brd brd blu nin mnk. They have very low acc.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

they do not reflect like standard colibri. they are miore like lessers but they have all standard colibri tp moves like feather tickle, snatch morsale pecking flurry

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Around the E8 area of Vunkerl Inlet [S], by the bridge, there are tons of beetles just hanging out with a few birds, no elementals or anything else. I just noticed them during a Campaign Op, so i'm not sure what level they are (TW to 75), but it looks like a really sweet spot. Easy to get to from the Arbiter Warp to Vunkerl, just camp on the bridge and have at them.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

More exp camps! Break the stranglehold the old zones have on us

assburgers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kkel
    Around the E8 area of Vunkerl Inlet [S], by the bridge, there are tons of beetles just hanging out with a few birds, no elementals or anything else. I just noticed them during a Campaign Op, so i'm not sure what level they are (TW to 75), but it looks like a really sweet spot. Easy to get to from the Arbiter Warp to Vunkerl, just camp on the bridge and have at them.
    Saw that too and thought "BST CAMP!"

I'm guessing 40-45ish, maybe it's a 45-50 Camp to help fill an annoying gap.

That's the big thing, can we find any camps that are better than doing say, Spiders in QC?

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16.../maryfatho.jpg

In the area circled above there are a metric crap ton of VT-/+ to 75 Gnats. Its fairly easy to get to, I just have yet to get enough people together to go try and kill the evil weevils.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast