Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What do you wear on neck for Jin?

Breeze gorget, Chiv Chain, P.Charm, or spike necklace?

I've been using gorget for long time and wondering if its the best choice. I've heard gorgets are best for single hit WS' and not many use spike, but +6 for WS modifiers aint bad. Have to imagine P charm would be best on colibri when you cant use food but I would like to hear some outside opinions, got one? pls share.

Re: What do you wear on neck for Jin?

Quote Originally Posted by fuergrissa
    on colibri when you cant use food
    You can use food on colibri.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

not a nin myself but i would imagine hope torque>pcc>chiv>gorget. multihit WSs go for the skill/acc>everything else.

Siralin

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenmonk
    not a nin myself but i would imagine hope torque>pcc>chiv>gorget. multihit WSs go for the skill/acc>everything else.
    I'm pretty sure it's been shown that gorgets have more acc than chiv, possibly more than pcc.

That is correct, however the accuracy bonus only applies to the first hit of the WS with a Gorget, so for 1 hit WS nothing else comes close to the accuracy bonus (which I believe is 10% iirc).

Gorget > PCC > C.chain.

In that order is what I believe. Maybe PCC an gorget in the same spot, depends on the rest of your gear.

So the consensus on here seems to be to shoot for the highest WS accuracy. I can see how this would probably be best for Colibri where it is at the very least extremely impractical to use food. Unless you like to macro /item "Sole Sushi" or are too gimp to pull hate a significant potion of the fight. Not many give the spike necklace much love though, or even deem it worth of mention. imo thats like writing off an Osode for D body, although granted there is more of a difference in that comparison. is it just because it costs like 6k and is for lvl21, or is +6 WS modifier really just not worth it over 10 ACC to most?

Btw the focus of this topic or at least my question was toward that of a DD nin in xp setting.

What I am thinking so far is, when not using food and ACC is a problem stick with the pcc, when fighting mamool/imp/fly/puk with sushi and my acc is around 93-95% I should use the spike necklace. Gorgets should just be set aside until I lvl SAM? would be nice to have Hope torque and just not worry about the rest lol.

"impractical" my ass, a 2-3 stacks of food will last you an hour or so.

Are you talking Osode vs. Dbody for a MNK?
    Dbody is better for Asuran Fists.

So the consensus on here seems to be to shoot for the highest WS accuracy. I can see how this would probably be best for Colibri where it is at the very least extremely impractical to use food. Unless you like to macro /item "Sole Sushi" or are too gimp to pull hate a significant potion of the fight. Not many give the spike necklace much love though, or even deem it worth of mention. imo thats like writing off an Osode for D body, although granted there is more of a difference in that comparison. is it just because it costs like 6k and is for lvl21, or is +6 WS modifier really just not worth it over 10 ACC to most?

Btw the focus of this topic or at least my question was toward that of a DD nin in xp setting.

What I am thinking so far is, when not using food and ACC is a problem stick with the pcc, when fighting mamool/imp/fly/puk with sushi and my acc is around 93-95% I should use the spike necklace. Gorgets should just be set aside until I lvl SAM? would be nice to have Hope torque and just not worry about the rest lol.
    I think the "too gimp" part would be "too gimp" to outlay the money it takes to use cheap food on g.colibri. NIN without sushi and/or a madrigal are the definition of gimp on gcolibri..

Lets say, for argument, that you kill 3 colibri a minute, they use 1.5 tp moves each, they have a 33% chance to use snatch morsel, and you have 3 dds with relatively even hate. 60*3*2*.33*.33=~30 pieces of food in an hour, and in reality you probably wont kill a mob every 20 seconds for the entire period of an hour, nor will you likely see 2 TP moves per mob depending on the str of your weaponskills.

at the very least extremely impractical to use food. Unless you like to macro /item "Sole Sushi"
    Oranges are not the only fruit.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I can see how this would probably be best for Colibri where it is at the very least extremely impractical to use food.
    No, it isn't. You buy a few 3k stacks of Meat Mithkabobs and just spam them. It's probably even less than you'd spend eating better food in a non-colibri PT. A couple stacks of kabobs will last you a whole PT in my experience.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

going on what others have said...before finding out what neckpiece to use for jin, start using food on colibris, it will help your ws dmg more than any neckpiece would..

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I personalli used PCC before I got a Hope torque. At coli camp it's much more efficient to use stacks of mithkabobs like others said. They're definetly worth it. If you use meat or no food at all, the 10 acc you gain from neckpiece is pretti viable when you can get get better attack/STR/Mods in other places.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I use breeze gorget, and... theres nothing wrong using food at collibri, in fact if your in my pt at collibri camp and ur not using food, i'd prolly kick and get another nongimp-DD, although thats never been the case for me since I only merit with LS mates.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

So the consensus on here seems to be to shoot for the highest WS accuracy. I can see how this would probably be best for Colibri where it is at the very least extremely impractical to use food.

I'm not an ubergeared nin nor strive to be as most situations I go rdm anyways. With that being said I use pcc even at other camps besides colibri. Like someone said gorget seems to have more acc for the first hit, but jin is three-hit ws. So at least for me I feel pcc gives a more consistant ws output than gorget. Obviously either is fine, but to me anytime you are using a multi-hit ws then ya your focus should be acc to try and get all hits to land. (I also use food on colibri w).

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

For me, pcc > breeze > chiv > spike. All cases, not "just for colibri". If I have excess accuracy, I swap in chainmail and eat meat, which then means I no longer have too much and need all I can get for both tp & ws.

As far as food on colibri goes, I pretty much never bother with food there. If I was in a party where someone else was tanking, I'd do it, but I get snatched 1-2 times a fight there. Eating food under those conditions is just feeding the birds. Might as well buy it and then drop it for all the good it's doing me.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't even remember what I did with my gorget; I started using PCC full time for Jin a long time ago. I don't wanna take any risks with the gorget WS acc thing (unless it's been (dis)confirmed?), and any amount of acc is helpful when you're eating meat, really.

Also, "Eat food on fucking colibri" should be the new "Level your fucking subjobs."

Quote Originally Posted by Okuza
    For me, pcc > breeze > chiv > spike. All cases, not "just for colibri". If I have excess accuracy, I swap in chainmail and eat meat, which then means I no longer have too much and need all I can get for both tp & ws.

As far as food on colibri goes, I pretty much never bother with food there. If I was in a party where someone else was tanking, I'd do it, but I get snatched 1-2 times a fight there. Eating food under those conditions is just feeding the birds. Might as well buy it and then drop it for all the good it's doing me.
    Because dropping food will help you gain exp faster...

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Hope > PCC > gimp
    Meat on mamool, situationally, maybe PCC full time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast