Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level

Re: The Second Battle of Konschtat

I see SE just wanted to show more areas of the Middle Lands. I think it's worth not seeing highlands with a bunch of fortresses for something newer. All the other reintroduced areas are tied to important nearby landmarks(either a nation or a beastmen stronghold). Garliage simply had to make a return, so I guess that's an excuse for the other two dungeons as well.

Elmer, great job as always.

This proves that just because Bastok has guns, it doesn't mean battles are that straight forward. What they needed most to prevail was a great tactician.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Lordender
    Reason why i think Konschtat isn't in WoTG is cause selbina declared its independence, doesn't appear as if the entire region of zulkheim participated in the crystal war. I think its also that SE didn't want to create confusion with the crags in the past.
    This isn't true, San d'Oria apparently just had a battle with the Orcish Army in La Thiene and lost several hundred soldiers before we arrive.

And yeah >_> I'm gonna go with "They didn't want to deal with the crags" excuse

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    This proves that just because Bastok has guns, it doesn't mean battles are that straight forward. What they needed most to prevail was a great tactician.
    This proves Bastok is not to be trusted, rly.

Caphieux: OK GUYS CEASEFIRE, GET YER DEAD AND LETS GO

Friese: lol PWNED!!1

Reserves: SHIT SHE SHOT HIM WTF

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Could it be that this battle didn't involve the Combined Forces of Altana fighting off the Shadowlord's Beastmen? I think it may have ended up being a big confusion if they included direct combat between the nations instead of human vs. beastman fights.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by ruf
    Could it be that this battle didn't involve the Combined Forces of Altana fighting off the Shadowlord's Beastmen? I think it may have ended up being a big confusion if they included direct combat between the nations instead of human vs. beastman fights.
    I don't think people are asking "Why isn't this battle in the expansion?" because it's obvious why it's not- what they're asking is:

Why the hell can't we access Zulkheim in WoTG?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl

He got what he deserved. I mean...first those Sandorians sold the mines for lots of money, and a bit later they come with their freaking army and want it back?
    THAT'S NOT THE WAY YOU CONTRACT OUT OF AN AGREEMENT IN BASTOK!!!!1

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Zak

He got what he deserved. I mean...first those Sandorians sold the mines for lots of money, and a bit later they come with their freaking army and want it back?
    There is no honour in politics, I like to think one would show some form of spine during a battle, though. Bastok took the coward's way out.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

according to where you're viewing the Dem crag from, near the Wyvern area, and based on where you're entering Grauberg from Pashhow (Middle of the bottom, rather than the South-West corner in the present) Grauberg[S] is actually the mountains that are above Gusgen Mines, so basically Gusgen Mines is below Grauberg

assburgers
    BG Level

What I gathered.

Friese somehow stacked Sneak Attack with a Ranged Attack (this must have been patched later) to devastating effect.

Polearm Warriors and Paladins were commonplace, which makes me a little sad.

Chocobo Knight was clearly an available job, as were Dragoons, making them pre-pre-RoTZ jobs!

Rangers weren't nerfed, so the Gigas Rangers and Military Archers were likely a brutal force to oppose.

Bards have always been integral to a good TP burn, Advancing March ftw!

Last, but not least..

Elmer rocks, as always.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Ooooooh, I love the break down of the jobs/#s the armies had!

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Reality
    according to where you're viewing the Dem crag from, near the Wyvern area, and based on where you're entering Grauberg from Pashhow (Middle of the bottom, rather than the South-West corner in the present) Grauberg[S] is actually the mountains that are above Gusgen Mines, so basically Gusgen Mines is below Grauberg
    Newton and Oldton Mol[Tab], would be below Grauberg too. Further evidence is that they both connect to North Gustaberg in a manner consistent with their relative locations.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    K so this question has been making me wonder.

Konschtat obviously exists far in the past.
    And konschtat obviously exists now...

So where the hell is it in WOTG? (Yes I know I know technically you can count grauberg but I'm more wondering why it isnt named konschtat) What happened 20 years ago where it just wasn't allowed to be called konschtat anymore.
    Go to North Gustaberg[S] and walk to the zoneline to Konschtat. Theres an NPC there, who if you talk to her, is being emo about how the road to Konschtat is no longer usable. She does mention Konschtat by name. Obviously, standing there and waiting will make it open faster

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Azima moves, she has 3 pop spots, one by South Gustaberg zone, one by Konschtat zone, and one by Palborough zone

minor detail, I know but >_>

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Bastok was smart to bring bards and red mages, they knew would need some backline support and pullers for all those goblins and chocobo knights

Pretty cool summary of the battle, Schultz outsmarted the hell outta Sandy with his balloons and propaganda. Silly Sandy getting pinned between 2 flanks of the bastokan army, thats grounds for a slaughter.

I assume that the Caphieux they are speaking of is the father of Vijartal from 'A Timely Visit' right?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

We need an ElmerthePointy icon, but I cannot imagine packing enough awesome into a 50x50pixel image.

Amazing work as always. If only Square did as good a job disseminating information about the game to us, right Square-Enix Representative?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

We shall call him SER, and he shall look upon our text and realize what wrongs need to be righted.

assburgers
    BG Level

Would be kind of hard to condense the awesomeness of Elmer into a 50x50 space huh...

Maybe just a big E, and then we retire the letter E and use 3's instead to replace it?

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zak

There is no honour in politics, I like to think one would show some form of spine during a battle, though. Bastok took the coward's way out.
    Moar liek Sand'Oria needs better tacticians. They fell for every trick in the book!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raze Azrael
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

dont know if its been mentioned... but this was long before the crystal war... arent we going back to 862 or something?
    so this battle wouldnt be the reason Konschtat is closed off...

Im thinking its maybe the Selbina thing... because iirc Selbina JUST declared independence as we entered the past... so the "Blocked off because selbina declared it's independence" theory works
    Found the Line in Elmer's HIstory board:
    7.862 – Selbina declares its neutrality. Republican forces surround the small harbor town. {The Selbina Riots}
    But what doesnt make sense is Why Tahrongi is closed of... besides the fact that they wanted balance between the zones Maybe they'll tell us in the storyline...

Then again if you go to Skyrend in Grauberg you can see the Dem Crag ad what looks like a path down to it, now this could either mean we might be able to go there in the present or they may just open it up in the past.

Another thing, SE said WHM's would be getting new teleports so maybe its a hint that we might get the crag zones.. because afaik you need a Telepoint to teleport

This is one of the most interesting updates yet, but wasn't it always said that Bastok won this battle because of its awesome guns? And yet I see here that the primary troop of gunners was wiped out almost instantly...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Max™
    Would be kind of hard to condense the awesomeness of Elmer into a 50x50 space huh...

Maybe just a big E, and then we retire the letter E and use 3's instead to replace it?
    Simple, let's delete the letter "e" entirely. Since when were letters like "e" even needed? We never even use the letter.