Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ix'Aern DRK Duo     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ix'Aern DRK Duo

So here I am running around reading everything I can find trying to figure out how to duo Ix'Aern DRK. Anyone have any vid's / guides / links / strats to toss down for me which will be very appreciated ? Thanks ahead of time guys ^^.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

Re: Ix'Aern DRK Duo

Hmmm, if you have the patience to try it, 2 blm or 1 rdm/nin and blm can duo it, at pop BLM diaga and run opposite way that rdm will do, rdm get hate on Ix'aern and kite to the room where you fight Fortitude, you can avoid Zdei, and blm can sleep that Grah before pop so rdm has free way there, the lowest people i have done is with 3, 2 is too long time unless you get lucky on reraise, i did a post about this months ago, got very nice replies that time on how to do this .

Some people recommend to drop party before pop, i have never done that and Qn'aerns never came for me after blm's die, but you can try that, is very important that blm survives until you are almost at kite room.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

2 blm or 1 blm 1 rdm, when you get amnosity break pt, whoever has hate, pop it, other guy diaga the add and zone, person who popped ixdrk kites it around the tower found a bit further beyond where you popped it.
    it is a very easy fight, a friend and I did this around 40 times until we each finally got our capes

oh, and dont forget

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/images/f/f...ds_gaiters.png

Just hope it doesnt Reraise 15x and take you 3 hours to kill and then not give u vice

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

we do this constantly with 2blm and a rdm or just 2-3 blms... no need for gaiters if you know how to cut corners and rotate hate/kiting can get a little tiring with a chance to reraise 25 times. its actually fairly easy. we do all ix'aerns with 3 people.

Not tryin to be an ass, but this is a simple question that could've been answered by search.
    http://bluegartr.com/forum/viewtopic...it=ix+aern+DRK

Took me all of 2 seconds to find that and it explains the strat pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Seditedi
    Not tryin to be an ass, but this is a simple question that could've been answered by search.
    http://bluegartr.com/forum/viewtopic...it=ix+aern+DRK

Took me all of 2 seconds to find that and it explains the strat pretty well.
    New to BG ;; sorry or I would have.
    Ty for all the info guys ^^ going to try it in a min wish us luck :D

np, , have fun if you get one that Reraises 30 times lol.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

25 Reraises max. I've honestly had more trouble popping it than I have with Reraise. Good luck.

Didn't think it had a cap on times it could reraise, lol.
    Don't have very good data though, its very random.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Other thread has some decent strats and some odd ones. Here's mine;

1. Kill Aerns near ??? until someone gets the Animosity.
    2. Rest full and drop party.
    3. Person w/o message runs to the Fortitude room and sleeps all mobs on the way.(2 Ghrah and Zdei)
    4. Pop IxDRK and run to the Fort room, other person ~ga the Qns and zones all slept mobs and the Qns.
    5. Kite IxDrk in the Fort room until the other person gets there.
    6. Nuke/Kite until dead.

I've done it with 2 RDM/NIN, RDM/NIN + 2 BLM(1 /NIN, 1 /WHM-2boxed) and RDM/NIN + BLM/NIN. As BLM I stuck to Bliz3 for nukes so we could bounce hate easier and it's easier to hit. Never had gaiters for BLM and he is very easy to kite without them, obviously even easier with.. Pretty easy and neither of us ever died. Never even had to rest on BLM, just make use of Aspir when you can and a RDM refreshing you helps. I personally used /NIN for BLM.

Quote Originally Posted by Judai
    Other thread has some decent strats and some odd ones. Here's mine;

1. Kill Aerns near ??? until someone gets the Animosity.
    2. Rest full and drop party.
    3. Person w/o message runs to the Fortitude room and sleeps all mobs on the way.(2 Ghrah and Zdei)
    4. Pop IxDRK and run to the Fort room, other person ~ga the Qns and zones all slept mobs and the Qns.
    5. Kite IxDrk in the Fort room until the other person gets there.
    6. Nuke/Kite until dead.

I've done it with 2 RDM/NIN, RDM/NIN + 2 BLM(1 /NIN, 1 /WHM-2boxed) and RDM/NIN + BLM/NIN. As BLM I stuck to Bliz3 for nukes so we could bounce hate easier and it's easier to hit. Never had gaiters for BLM and he is very easy to kite without them, obviously even easier with.. Pretty easy and neither of us ever died. Never even had to rest on BLM, just make use of Aspir when you can and a RDM refreshing you helps. I personally used /NIN for BLM.

Concurred. I've done this about 10+ times as duo. Very easy but a bitch with the RR. >.> Once it took 3 horus to pop then about 9+ RR. With only 1RDM, 2BLM.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I've "soloed" it plenty of time on BLM/NIN. By solo, I mean get it down to 50% by the time other 2-3ppl kill the Qn'Aern and come help me. It will always stop every 25-30sec to cast a weak DRK spell, you can use that time to bio/aspir/drain/recast shadow. Just be careful when he does Blood weapon, he wont stop to cast spell until it end and might catch up on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairthenn
    25 Reraises max. I've honestly had more trouble popping it than I have with Reraise. Good luck.
    37 Reraises witnessed first hand, there is no limit. It's purely luck if it doesn't drop a item it will reraise, and at no point is the drop 100% from a single kill

We called a GM about it, though it was glitched but the GM explained that, it can reraise indefiantly until it drops the deed/vice.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

My girlfriend and I duo this on NIN and RDM. The starting strat is generally the same as RDM/NIN and BLM or RDM duo. Start in the 4 rooms with ??? and kill placeholders until someone attains animocity. Once someone has gained animocity we disband our party and the person with animocity touches the ???, does an action on one of the Qn'aerns until Ix' goes yellow and then the 2nd of us kites Ix' aern back to the beginning room and zones if you get any pops along the way (almost unavoidable in NE and NW). The second will reraise after the Qn's walk back to their spot (don't even have to wait that long really) and from there keep zoning Ix'DRK until you're ready to fight.

When we actually start fighting I usually straight tank it as blinks allow (he double attacks a lot but not terribly high accuracy and easy to parry) and then run away when I'm at the end of utsusemi or recast timers are high. My RDM partner keeps DOT's up throughout, cures me, and tosses a fair amount of nukes. When he uses Blood Weapon its smart to just run away because when its on his double attack, attack speed, and damage go up a fair amount (not to mention if he hits you his HP goes up). Its usually possible to kill 3-4 reraises per day with this method.