Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Re: Almighty Apkallu (Attempt #2)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmoore
    Enki disarms? >_> try de-equipping your weapons? Seems to be an Al-Zahbi thing.

I gave this a shot, no luck. :ashira:

I don't have the time right now but has anybody suggested crafting aggression?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well, scratch never seeing Apkallu #8, I just rode the boat and saw him pop out of the water. It must be #7 that never shows up. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Well, scratch never seeing Apkallu #8, I just rode the boat and saw him pop out of the water. It must be #7 that never shows up. My bad.

How do you know it's #8?

Can someone please explain to me how you are finding out mob numbers and stuff like that please? -_-

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Airenn
    Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin

How do you know it's #8?

Can someone please explain to me how you are finding out mob numbers and stuff like that please? -_-
    Simplest way is just to edit your .dat and rename the Apkallus to Apkallu 7 and Apkallu 8 (using a text editor that'll preserve the format, e.g. ultraedit, not notepad, and make a backup first). Or look with ArtMoney or something, if you know how.

Kill Apkallu on boat with water lol.

perhaps your supposed to random on the way back to al zhabi, and if you hit a high roll he spawns?

I have this suspicion that SE employees are reading this thread and secretly laughing at us. (or not so secretly. <.> )

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Trying to think back to the people that have been checking memory for presence of AA and from what I can remember he only seemed to have popped right after maint, I'm still convinced that whichever Apkallu doesn't pop is a PH for AA and is broken, therefore AA can only pop right after maint because of that.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

--Holding the starting Apkallu for the duration of the boat ride (until completely docked) seemed to make it spawn on the next ride. This happened 6 times in a row. On the 6th ride, I didn't immeadietly claim the starting Apkallu, and he depopped within 30 seconds.

One just popped (halfway through) and I held it and boat docked. Took next ship (warp to nash, next boat) and no Apkallu on boat launch. Does it need to start this rotation cycle with one that STARTS on the boat ride?
    oh i should've followed up with this... recently I tried holding an apkallu for continuous boat rides, and eventually it did stop spawning automatically, i still won't rule this out as not being significant because i've never seen apkallu spawn more than twice in a row.

you bring up a good point, i didn't note if the one i held was an original pop or not, it should be interesting to see if that makes the difference, i'll try this later today

Quote Originally Posted by Pergo
    --Holding the starting Apkallu for the duration of the boat ride (until completely docked) seemed to make it spawn on the next ride. This happened 6 times in a row. On the 6th ride, I didn't immeadietly claim the starting Apkallu, and he depopped within 30 seconds.

One just popped (halfway through) and I held it and boat docked. Took next ship (warp to nash, next boat) and no Apkallu on boat launch. Does it need to start this rotation cycle with one that STARTS on the boat ride?
    oh i should've followed up with this... recently I tried holding an apkallu for continuous boat rides, and eventually it did stop spawning automatically, i still won't rule this out as not being significant because i've never seen apkallu spawn more than twice in a row.

you bring up a good point, i didn't note if the one i held was an original pop or not, it should be interesting to see if that makes the difference, i'll try this later today
    This is something that I've always pondered...

Whats the max # of Apkallu anyone has seen on the boat at one time? Maybe trying to hold every Apkallu that pops on the ship without physically hurting them is a trigger for #7. He doesn't like to be lonely. Maybe the luck part is #7 is actually the PH. If your "lucky" enough to get #7 to pop(lucky #7)... However this doesn't leave much time to kill AA so maybe best to have a few ppl there to back you up.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Could the people that used those memory programs recap what they found?

If AA has only popped/depopped shortly after maint, and the other apkallu in the dats has never popped, it could have been (or still be) broken. For example, if he had a lottery pop, or leave alive pop off of the missing apkallu, he might be impossible to spawn via normal means, but he still might have a chance to pop on the first boat after maint. Which would probably be before the servers are open to players anyway?...

Has anyone tried bringing a party/alliance on the nashmau -> al zahbi boat since SE released those hints?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

the most amount of people i could ever convince was 5 at a time (errr 5 total including me)

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I think we can rule out it being a lottery of any Apkallu that spawn on the boat. Many of us have killed them repeatedly for hours to no avail.

The only thing I would speculate on atm, is to kill every other mob on the boat but leave Apkallu up unharmed. I find that getting an Apkallu on the boat seems to be quite a rare event anyway, especially during the initial launch of the boat. I can only assume the goal is to get 2 Apkallu on the boat at the same time, and then it will jump on the boat (luck~). I've yet to get two on the boat simultaniously, personally. But there appears only 2 "slots" for them to appear. 2 Apkallu and the NM, plus a load of others.

Just so you know, the way the boat works. All mobs will pop, and depop on the boat after a random amount of time. Force R0 on the boat before you dock, you'll see that the boat will continue to move for a little while, then the whole map shifts back to the start of the journey. There is ~8/9 minutes of the boat journey that we don't get to see, but mobs will continue to spawn or despawn during that time.

That's all the input I have atm :/

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    E'jusana Rhea
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Pergo
    the most amount of people i could ever convince was 5 at a time (errr 5 total including me)
    Take me along XD ive been on the boat in free time now and again trying to think up ways to spawn it but no luck so far

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by DanielRemora
    There is ~8/9 minutes of the boat journey that we don't get to see, but mobs will continue to spawn or despawn during that time.
    this is interesting...

drag, i'll check to see if i can round up some ppl later today =p

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan
    Could the people that used those memory programs recap what they found?
    every time i saw it in memory, it was present at 0% hp...usually, when mobs depop without being touched they show as 100% hp

but right now, its not showing up, so it hasnt popped, meaning it doesnt only pop after maintenance like someone said, however apkallu 7 did despawn at 100%..so, #7 was up and AA didnt pop, dunno what that means for those who think AA pops when #7 is up

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

I'm sorry but the people in the other thread that posted the mob had poped had to have either have been mistaken or bs'in. 1 guy right after the servers went up was from Unicorn and said the mob had poped well I got a friend on the server checked the memory and it had said it hadn't poped. Also matinence before this final one it hadn't poped at all the entire time on Cerberus. And yes I rode the boat for hrs and tried almost everything in the OP.

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by DanielRemora
    I think we can rule out it being a lottery of any Apkallu that spawn on the boat. Many of us have killed them repeatedly for hours to no avail.

The only thing I would speculate on atm, is to kill every other mob on the boat but leave Apkallu up unharmed. I find that getting an Apkallu on the boat seems to be quite a rare event anyway, especially during the initial launch of the boat. I can only assume the goal is to get 2 Apkallu on the boat at the same time, and then it will jump on the boat (luck~). I've yet to get two on the boat simultaniously, personally. But there appears only 2 "slots" for them to appear. 2 Apkallu and the NM, plus a load of others.

Just so you know, the way the boat works. All mobs will pop, and depop on the boat after a random amount of time. Force R0 on the boat before you dock, you'll see that the boat will continue to move for a little while, then the whole map shifts back to the start of the journey. There is ~8/9 minutes of the boat journey that we don't get to see, but mobs will continue to spawn or despawn during that time.

That's all the input I have atm :/
    This is interesting I thought this also. I have 1 more thing to add kill the other mobs that pop and /leave the 1 Apkallu (limit on the # of mobs up ofcourse)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

I'm sure someone would have seen him by now toggling targets if this is right but has anyone tried camping out below deck while holding or bringing the normal apkallu down there? (can you even do that?) or just train the normal apkallu all around the ship, behind/inside the helm, bleow deck, in that little entry room etc

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast