Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Re: Almighty Apkallu (Attempt #2)

Quote Originally Posted by deivi
    I'm sure someone would have seen him by now toggling targets if this is right but has anyone tried camping out below deck while holding or bringing the normal apkallu down there? (can you even do that?) or just train the normal apkallu all around the ship, behind/inside the helm, bleow deck, in that little entry room etc
    Pergo has attempted both.

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

1 thing I want to ask of this thread (not being a ass) but if you got a idea just try the damn thing instead of askin someone else its not hard to walk to a boat.

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

No one has tried using Corsair Rolls in front of Apkallu or anything? Perhaps getting the lucky number for that roll would pull him up? (Going off the speculation someone mentioned earlier)

Demosthenes11

It has nothing to do with corsair -.- use your brains.

It keeps appearing right after maintenances...maybe if it were normal practice for cors to ride the boat right after a maintenance and start rolling, this could be right

Stupid theories are so...stupid -.-

I am pretty sure its not related to be certain jobs being on the boat.
    Also it states in that wiki article that Apkallu and Enki are both noted for their proximty to the sun so i highly doubt it involves anything under the deck (and besides that... nothing has ever spawned below the deck)

Has anyone ever seen both apkallu up at the same time?

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Is there any rare weather that spawns on the boat ride? possibly it's a spawn like kreutzet or KV or one of those NMs, where it will only spawn during the weather, and still has the normal depop conditions of mobs on the boat. Or if SE is really a bunch of pricks, he could be a lottery off the apkallus that only spawns during some weather period. This is just an idea that I didn't see on the first post in this thread. I've never camped the NM, but i frequent these forums and read about AA a lot. Good luck.
    --Yaggi, Lakshmi

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Wind weather and lightning happen on the ship alot, id assume wind + lottery of Apkallu could be a pop condition.

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos
    Wind weather and lightning happen on the ship alot, id assume wind + lottery of Apkallu could be a pop condition.
    Has anyone ever seen water weather?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Koga
    Never, why?

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan
    Never, why?
    I never have either but was just wondering >_>;
    this is a thread on possible pop conditions............

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Never, why?
    Only Thunder and Air elementals are present in the .dat, so I'm guessing you can't have water weather on the boat.

Besides, back when I was taking hundreds of pictures of Apkallu for Pankration, I think they gave Wind Attack Bonus, not Water.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Apkallu drop wind crystals, and the skanda boots they should drop scream wind. Wind resist, earth resist, resist gravity, and hell, they enhance jump which has a green icon in the menu.

:rocl:

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Never, why?
    Only Thunder and Air elementals are present in the .dat, so I'm guessing you can't have water weather on the boat.

Besides, back when I was taking hundreds of pictures of Apkallu for Pankration, I think they gave Wind Attack Bonus, not Water.
    doh shoulda realized that ;x kk crossing that off my possability list.

My memory tool says there are only 16 monsters in the area nash -> whitegate "zone", is that correct? With there only being 2 regular Apkallu and Almighty Apkallu?

Also it says that AA has popped/despawned and shows it 100%, also it shows that only #7 Apkallu (Apkallu #6, Apkallu #7 and Almighty Apkallu #16 as the birds, not the amount) has spawned. It also says that no thunder weather has happened, seeing as the single thunder element does not show up when you check it. Wind elemental has popped though.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Googling 'apkallu' gave me this bit about some artwork:

"Assyrian Eagle Protective Spirit
    Also known as Apkallu griffin. Originally from 865 B.C., it can now be found at the New York Metropolitan Museum. This is a 'wise man' or 'sage'. Babylonian tradition says that there were seven Apkallu who lived at the beginning of time before the flood. They were sent by the god Ea to teach wisdom to humans. They are shown as humans with wings. Some have the head of a bird, while others don't have wings and are dressed in the skin of a fish. They protected people and sometimes hold a bucket and cone for purifying. Apkallu figures are often shown beside doorways and in corners of rooms since these areas were where evil spirits were thought to lurk."

Been tossing around ideas about opening/closing doors, AA popping in that small room by the door we use to board the ship (debunked already, I think), rusty buckets (lol). Trying to think about the cone and purifying... how would that tie in (if at all) and what game items could be a part of that.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

what memory tool are you guys using that shows the % ... please lemme know

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

ArtMoney.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

How do you use Artmoney? I got a copy of it and the other day when I looked for a mob I knew hadn't spawned (Cerby) he showed up

Don't Apkallu have a collective hate? Maybe it has something to do with maxing or clearing your hate to get it to pop? Maxing would obviously be killing a ton of them but maybe clearing has something to do with killing another kind of mob? Kinda like killing beastmen in Lufaise/Misareux to reduce Fomor hate. Anywho, just a guess carry on!

Quote Originally Posted by OzzofAsura
    Don't Apkallu have a collective hate? Maybe it has something to do with maxing or clearing your hate to get it to pop? Maxing would obviously be killing a ton of them but maybe clearing has something to do with killing another kind of mob? Kinda like killing beastmen in Lufaise/Misareux to reduce Fomor hate. Anywho, just a guess carry on!
    tried, debunked. OP in this thread states clearly that attempts have been made to gather mass hate in arrapago reef as well as mount zhaolym, but warping directly to nashmau and boarding the ship had no impact on AA.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast