Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44

Quote Originally Posted by Gergall View Post
    The two boat rides are completely different zones. It's extremely unlikely that a variable in one zone (such as the number of people present) affects something in a different zone.
    And yet, if I kill 400 tonberries in Yhoator Jungle, I'll still get my ass raped in Temple of Uggalepih.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    >_> What an amazing way to up your post count.

and I hate A. A.
    Yes...I think all day about ways to raise my post count so that I can finally have the respect of BG's finest.../sarcasm btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post
    And yet, if I kill 400 tonberries in Yhoator Jungle, I'll still get my ass raped in Temple of Uggalepih.
    that variable is associated with your char. # of riders would be associated with the zone, not a player. cross zone data sharing HAS been seen in examples like the chest popping both in fort gelsheba and grotto, or killing a TOAU beastmen king will prevent it from appearing in al zhabi. still, it seems like a very arbitrary theory that's hard to prove through experimentation.

Quote Originally Posted by Spekkio View Post
    that variable is associated with your char. # of riders would be associated with the zone, not a player. cross zone data sharing HAS been seen in examples like the chest popping both in fort gelsheba and grotto, or killing a TOAU beastmen king will prevent it from appearing in al zhabi. still, it seems like a very arbitrary theory that's hard to prove through experimentation.
    I highly doubt that my character's variables(and by that token everyone else's) are copied on each zone's server, it'd be a ridiculously poor use of resources. There's clearly inter-server data, it wouldn't be particularly hard to use it for a NM. It's just a theory, but it logically fits the pop rate as well as SE's hints.. the only sightings have been near maintenance and there are very few times that the boat to whitegate would have a chance to have more tickets than the boat to nashmau.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Should have some FFXI player-event on the boat to get tons of people riding it, see what happens ;o

or have a national Saving Private Apkallu day where everyone rides the boat to remember that the NM doesn't actually exist....

/ tangent

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Lock please

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Not even remotely funny.
    With how long people have been attempting to get this little fucker I would have to agree.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post
    have more tickets than the boat to nashmau.
    this idea alone was worth the necro-bump. i haven't logged on in like a week, but when I get home from work, I'm going to try buying a bunch of tickets before the boat departs

Sic itur ad astra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Pergo View Post
    this idea alone was worth the necro-bump. i haven't logged on in like a week, but when I get home from work, I'm going to try buying a bunch of tickets before the boat departs
    I don't think you can buy multiple tickets. Isn't it like the ferry from selbina <-> mhaura where you just pay a fee to enter and as long as you don't leave the dock area you can keep riding back and forth?

Quote Originally Posted by Mellema View Post
    I don't think you can buy multiple tickets. Isn't it like the ferry from selbina <-> mhaura where you just pay a fee to enter and as long as you don't leave the dock area you can keep riding back and forth?
    You can leave the dock area and re-enter.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

yeah, the boat stays there for a good while, so a single person could probably get like 15 tickets, which would be substantial. tbh i doubt this has anything to do with anything, but its worth a shot lol.

the times that charly saw him, he was alone or only with 1 other person. the only way this idea could hold any ground would be if the variable of tickets sold has to reach a certain number before opening AA's window. OR window is open if # of ppl on the nashmau>alzhabi ship > greater than on the alzhabi>nashmau ship.

Well, between pop rarity and SE's hint it seems rather likely that it's something related to #/people. It's possible that it could simply be a rare pop like stubborn dredvodd, but it seems unlikely given so few sightings(with dedicated campers). More people on Nash->WG boat makes more sense than more tickets I suppose.. as 0 on wg->nash boat happens rarely and people being on nash->wg boat at the same time makes it even rarer.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

More people on friend list !? D;

Closed Thread
Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44