Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Almighty Apkallu: Found, and then lost again.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stanislaw Ziolkowski
    FFXIV Server
    Durandal

Re: Almight Apkallu (Attempt #2)

Not to be a douchbag, but you should change the title. The y's missing.

EDIT: Was.

Re: Almighty Apkallu (Attempt #2)

Could be random and retarded but just gonna throw this out there. Anyone tried fishing with an Orobon lure? Since its a semi rare lure only dropped off Hydra and the NM on that boat.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by LakshmiPuba
    Could be random and retarded but just gonna throw this out there. Anyone tried fishing with an Orobon lure? Since its a semi rare lure only dropped off Hydra and the NM on that boat.
    thats not fishing bait

Enki disarms? >_> try de-equipping your weapons? Seems to be an Al-Zahbi thing.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

What stood out to me was:

Alongside him were trees symbolizing the male and female aspects of nature - Need an equal # of male and female on the boat?

Enki uses his magic for the good of others when called upon to help either a god, a goddess or a human. Enki is always true to his own essence as a masculine nurturer. He is fundamentally a trouble-shooter god, and avoids or disarms those who bring conflict and death to the world. - Cures and such? Must be a reason you can Cure monsters. Hates death, helps others, god, goddess or human, Summons?

Because in Him the passionate and joyous Lover, the Mystic, the Strategist, the Sorcerer, the Divine Manager, the Keeper of World Order and Rescuer of Humankind and Gods alike are all One.
    Enki is the gallant, impetuous, energetic Lord of Wisdom, the Seeker after truth, and Master Adept in sorcery, enchantment and seduction. - Something to do with all the jobs possibly, since Enki is, in a sense, 'everything'

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

ride the boat while reading 'snow crash'

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

it's interesting reading mythology about monsters and their origins, but i don't think SE is really fond of incorporating foreign measures into their NM strategies. (ex: if you look at the lore around Absolute Virtue and the 7 sins, you would think there's some biblical way to defeat him, but all is it is just interesting concept design)

to add a few more things I've tried over the past month:

-Went BLM/BST and spammed charm.
    -Worked with a theory of temporary Apkallu hate (hate that builds up over the duration of 1 boat ride)
    ---Spammed Dia on Apkallu over and over to see if TP moves/stats/behavior changed as the length of the battle increased.
    -Nuked Apkallu with several different element types varying from day of the week, opposite day of the week, ect.

none of this worked, and one thing that i've mentioned before is interesting to me... there have been a few times where the Apkallu on board used Frigid Shuffle and Wing Slap on me... i don't know if this is a common behavior for ship apkallu, but it is not common for land ones to use anything but Yawn provided you don't have hate. I'm not sure if a certain action triggered the other WS, or perhaps it was the 2nd apkallu in the dats... i really wish i could read memory better.

anyways, most of my testing has been far-fetched, and i really doubt the pop conditions have anything to do with mythology or dancing with the apkallu, or anything close to stuff i've been testing, but i test it anyways and remain clueless

--Holding the starting Apkallu for the duration of the boat ride (until completely docked) seemed to make it spawn on the next ride. This happened 6 times in a row. On the 6th ride, I didn't immeadietly claim the starting Apkallu, and he depopped within 30 seconds.

One just popped (halfway through) and I held it and boat docked. Took next ship (warp to nash, next boat) and no Apkallu on boat launch. Does it need to start this rotation cycle with one that STARTS on the boat ride?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Well...It's a shot in the dark..but why not try having seven summoner's summoning each element? x.x I had to toss it out there, it's been picking at me all night

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron
    Well...It's a shot in the dark..but why not try having seven summoner's summoning each element? x.x I had to toss it out there, it's been picking at me all night
    ...8?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Indalecia
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron
    ...8?
    I think he said 7 just because there were seven spirit attendants of Enki. But it seems rather abitrary to do pop him that way... what element would you leave out?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Leave out Water and maybe AA fills the empty spot where Leviathan would be?

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Oh, in that case leave out Carby.

...or his awesomeness would overshadow all the lil wanna-be avatars.

Anyone tried capping out their apkallu hate in Mount Zhayolm?
    Maybe it pops corresponding to your hate level if you kill one of the apkallus on the ferry with an already high hate level. (lol)

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Was reading the Enki wikipedia entry and noticed this:

Enki in Sumerian astronomy also represented the planet Mercury, known for its ability to shift rapidly, and its proximity to the Sun.

Now, from the FFXIclopedia, a common thing among Apkallu's is that the fish Denizanasi (Cobalt Jellyfish) is able to be stolen from them. This fish is used in Alchemy to make Mercury.

Might be something, might be nothing, but just another piece of the puzzle to the Apkallus I guess.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

By the way, while reading the mythological backstory to the apkallus is interesting and all, I think it'd be a good idea to make note of the things we do know or have been observed so far in the OP.

For example, we know:

A few people have checked via memory editing programs whether or not AA has popped (since maintenance) on their server. Before the expansion, when we went longer than a day without a maintenance, most people have found AA absent from memory even after a significant period of time since the last maintenance. However there have been a couple of people who claimed to have seen AA in memory on their server, even a short time after maintenance. Bismark was one of the servers, I don't recall the other.

Despite these mysterious pops, nobody has (credibly) reported seeing AA on those servers where AA was found in memory.

Likewise, while most people have reported that Apkallu #7 (0103B007) has never appeared in memory, a couple people have reported seeing him. Apkallu #8 (0103B008) is the one we're all familiar with that is frequently found on the boat. Apkallu #7 is as much of a mystery as Almighty Apkallu himself.

As for hate levels, I recall a couple people having tried getting max hate in zhayolm, warp to the HP in Nashmau and run immediately onto the ship as it departs, engage the apkallu and find that hate was reset. It doesn't seem possible to start off with high hate moves and insane defense for the apkallu on the boat, no matter what you did in Zhayolm a minute earlier.

Q1: Does the NM, Almighty Apkallu, exist? And if so, where can he be found?

A1: Yes, the Almighty Apkallu exists! This puissant penguin can be found only on the Silver Sea ferry route from Nashmau to Al Zahbi. We believe the reason that none have ever encountered him before is that while many adventurers ride the ferry to Nashmau, most either warp back to their Home Points on the mainland, or return to Al Zahbi via the Alzadaal Undersea Ruins. (Actually, we're just glad that to find out ourselves that the NM wasn't some sort of debug monster that we had forgotten to take out!)

Q2: Under what conditions does the Almighty Apkallu appear?

A2: While we don't want to ruin everyone's fun by telling you exactly when and how he appears, because so many at the festival showed interest in the NM, we've decided to reveal a few cryptic hints that may or may not make the hunt a little easier.

* First of all, luck plays a big role in whether he appears or not.
    * He doesn't like being left alone, and will wander off if no one is around to keep him company.
    -----

I think "being left alone" was referring only to his despawn condition and not the spawn condition.
    They said the hints were cryptic.. luck plays a big role
    Corsair rolls?

How would one go about checking to see if he has popped or not? These memory programs and what not?

What's with those numbers, etc?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Another thing from the Enki wikipedia is the Utu, or Utukku, which spawns on the Nashmau/Al Zahbi Ferry, since Enki hates death, maybe curing the Utukku to life (death) would have an effect of some sort?

As for the Fishing aspect of this, Sinking Minnow is "Designed for catching bottom fish."

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast