• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread

Vista, screen flickering EDIT: Also help on overclocking;

Anyone know why after a while my screen flickers?
    Like for a few hours or so it'll work but after a while the screen flickers, the taskbar is messed up and it won't fix itself unless i reboot or log off and back on,

I use a GEForce 7300 GT if that helps

Re: Vista, screen flickering

bump ; ; anyone?

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

if you sort of do a blank stare at a region to the side of the screen and just notice the screen (i.e. don't look directly at it but focus on it with your peripheral vision) does it flicker really bad? if it does maybe just try changing the refresh rate up to something like 70hz, unless you're talking about like hardcore flicker then i have no idea

Sorry for the late response, yea it just flickers really bad, after a bit, I tried to change the refresh rate and its already at 70, its been happening rare since I've downloaded new drivers but, I don't know

Edit: Also, I'm looking for help on overclocking my 2.8GHz Processor to 3.2GHz to play Crysis; anyone good with that kinda stuff?

Resident furfag
    BG Level

Re: Vista, screen flickering EDIT: Also help on overclocking;

Crysis isn't going to work with your 7300GT and Pentium 4 at 2.8 or 3.2GHz.

I suggest a new computer if you want to play Crysis.

Otherwise it seems like your refresh rate is screwed. Maybe look into a new CRT. You can get them from for free on http://www.craigslist.org

Sorry, but what does CRT stands for?

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Resident furfag
    BG Level

CRT monitors in their best environments. Except in a few rare cases, LCDs are better than CRTs, and it may be time for you to upgrade.

http://img.alibaba.com/photo/1123129..._Recycling.jpg

good picture, I used to work at a computer recycling plant and we had to stack those 3x3x6 lol good times. They still don't even know what the fuck the government wants to do with them since they have mercury in them, god this planet is fucked.

Resident furfag
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Avanarius
    good picture, I used to work at a computer recycling plant and we had to stack those 3x3x6 lol good times. They still don't even know what the fuck the government wants to do with them since they have mercury in them, god this planet is fucked.
    Ship them to China were poor folk break them down and die from the exposure. Thats not a joke though, China actually takes in a lot of the world's "e-waste".