Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BLM solo camps 70+     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

BLM solo camps 70+

Besides Aydeewa RNG QQ's, which always seem to be overcamped by a horde of other BLM on this server, where else can I solo at 70? I heard there was a Black Pudding camp in Halvung, but can't seem to find the coordinates for it. Nyzul QQs are killable but I'm finding they are resisting my sleeps a lot when I run out of MP; I'd feel much more comfortable with aspirable mobs at this point. Any other suggestions?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Re: BLM solo camps 70+

If the Nyzul Quqirns are resisting your sleep, I would definitely not mess with anything in Halvung. The puddings are incredibly resistant to BLM enfeebles, and the Wamoura Princes aren't much better. These camps are better utilized if you have merits in enfeebling already and igqira tiara/lappas, along with HQ staves if possible.

Stick with Nyzul, or get into some manaburns. Duoing or Trioing Nyzul means you don't have to sleep the Archaeologists and can rack in some great EXP. Hell, I even did a BLM, BLM, SMN trio on Nyzul Rats in the 69-71 range that was decent.

There are no puddings in halvung. Anywhere

Really. >_>

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Leeto
    There are no puddings in halvung. Anywhere

Really. >_>
    wut?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Sea. Go solo obi organs. Get started early.

I believe you should be able to solo some of the weaker mobs in the starting zone, however, If you are worried about being to low, find a partner and duo.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Those Quqirns in nyzul resist sleep at 72 still once in awhile, Makes it hard to solo so I mostly Lfp for a few hours.

Another problem with nyzul is that it is easy to get to so other blm's just show up and camp on you like douchbags even if you got a /seacomm up.

Best thing you can do is leech off 75blms in your ls, goto pudding camp with them. Some blm's enjoy the company.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Silvermoon

blm can easily and comfortably solo phuabos by palace entrance in al'taieu at 71 for semi-decent xp. before that try hpemdes~

Actually I've seen a lot of 6 man BLM pt in the mamool ja camp in the thickets just outside Nyzul. I suspect them all to be GS with one or two players showing them how to play the job...or they are all the same account. Nevertheless, they wipe the area clean of mamool with tier two sleep and sleepga and GA the mobs to death within a few minutes. It's not conventional for a BLM party but it does work.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The Halvung puddings are in a corridor between Nyzul Isle colibri camps and Mount Zhayolm. It's just a short stretch of tunnel with 4 puddings in it and an Archaic Mirror pop spot. The tunnel is far too short to solo these efficiently imo, with the cramped space there is you'll either get aggro/link by the second pudding or mirror guards or you will accidently zone out.

Fine, I'll tell since I don't really go there anymore.

Go to greater colibri in bhaflau, zone into halvung from the bottom floor. You'll be in the place the above poster was talking about with an archaic mirror spawn point; you'll have to stealth past the mirror guards to the other zone. There are no deviations from the linear path so just zone out into zhayolm. From there, it's a few short steps I believe to the east til you zone back into halvung where the puddings are. They're a few levels lower than the puddings that you see 75 blms manaburning on in zhayolm, and after you kill the first one you should have plenty of kite space. There are (I think) 6 in total; three in the readily visible tunnel, two around the corner to the right, and one up the hill past the right turn. They are doable from about level 72 with ease (maybe 71, I found out when I was 72 and I'd think the huge +int from errant/mahatma would help a lot). zone really close too, and like the other puddings they aren't reliably sleepable. You really won't be successful without a rdm sub.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by gandorf
    Those Quqirns in nyzul resist sleep at 72 still once in awhile, Makes it hard to solo so I mostly Lfp for a few hours.

Another problem with nyzul is that it is easy to get to so other blm's just show up and camp on you like douchbags even if you got a /seacomm up.

Best thing you can do is leech off 75blms in your ls, goto pudding camp with them. Some blm's enjoy the company.
    Is your enfeebling capped? i xp'd my blm there at 70-71 and i had no problem with resists, then at like 72 i went to puddings with a blm pt and had 75 within 24hrs

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Dakra
    Besides Aydeewa RNG QQ's, which always seem to be overcamped by a horde of other BLM on this server, where else can I solo at 70? I heard there was a Black Pudding camp in Halvung, but can't seem to find the coordinates for it. Nyzul QQs are killable but I'm finding they are resisting my sleeps a lot when I run out of MP; I'd feel much more comfortable with aspirable mobs at this point. Any other suggestions?
    Wamoura Princes/Wamouracampa on Mt. Zhayolm, Buffalo in Uleguerand Range, QQ Poulterers in Alzadaal Ruins, everything in Sea except Yovra and Zdei.. you could probably do pots and dolls in Sky too.

Banned.

BG Level

Decrepit Gnoles in Jugner are T-VT at 75 there is a moderate amount of them and they take decent damage from Ice spells. But those are probably good on party with other BLMs or RDM. Otherwise, sea, ulegueran range as mentioned.

P.S. I haven't personally tried them.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Gonna try Sea mobs here shortly, I capped out Enfeebling/Elemental/Dark the other night at Besieged (level 71 now) but the puddings in Halvung are still too difficult to enfeeble reliably for me to be comfortable EXPing there. Nyzul QQs are good EXP, but as previously mentioned it's way too easy to get to, so oftentimes there are 2-3 BLM there already.