Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Banned.

BG Level

Assessing Tactical Assessment and Campaign Ops

I'm trying figure out how Tactical Assessment and Campaign ops effects our Campaign battles and state of things. This thread is dedicated to this.

To get things started: Crimson Domino has been shown to raise supplies to the area you do it in. I imagine fights like Brave Dawn(very limited on where it can be performed) effects the entire fighting force while ones like Crimson Domino and Vanguard X(can be done anywhere) are specific to area. There are probably a few exceptions(I'm thinking Delta Strike).

Banned.

BG Level

Re: Assessing Tactical Assessment and Campaign Ops

Er, hmmm, bumping this:

Concerning Tactical Assessment, here are the choices:

*Our Leaders
    **Lists Campaign NPCs

*Battle Strategies
    **Preemptive Strike
    **Diversionary Tactics
    **Battleline Preservation
    **Stronghold Defense
    **Troop Conditioning
    **Reconnaissance
    **Sabotage

*Internal Policy
    **Resource Procurement
    **Military Supply Procurement
    **Logistics
    **Stronghold Outfitting
    **Weapons Production
    **Weapons Development
    **Public Security

My initial theory that some Ops are aligned with these choices and have the same effect as them. For example, maybe Streetsweeper and Public Security are aligned, while Brave Dawn and Troop Conditioning are aligned.

Our Leaders may empower NPCs or make them appear more often... who knows?

That said, I'm not sure how it would work. Perhaps both are counted at the end of the week? Maybe only assessment is and Ops changes things during? I'm not even sure if only the dominant strategy is in effect or they are all in effect with the strongest being more noticeable. Hopefully we can figure this out for the good of the community and bgwiki.

Could any write down the descriptions for the Battle Strategy and Internal Policy choices listed above? I've already picked my assessment so I can not view them.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

When you choose an NPC leader, they tell you a strategy that leader likes to use. I assume this effects NPC strategy used during that week.

I also noticed that your nations lvl of supplies can diminish by doing some OPs throughout the week (bastok always loses its supply stars between tallies). Also skill and production levels increase by doing crystal fist and iron anvil OPs, and do not appear to change until a tally.

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I figured the training campaign ops added more NPC soldiers for that country (Maybe 5 people completing that OPs adds 1 new guy, although 1 OPs for 1 new soldier might be correct)

Edit: I mean Brave Dawn, which you mentioned

Banned.

BG Level

Hmmmm, thread not really taking off. Anyway, I'm unable to do so myself, but can someone take pics of the text descriptions for all the tactical assessment choices? For all nations, including Windurst. It's for the wiki!

Here is a very brief summery that I jolted down(distorted due to taru-ness):

*Our Leaders
    **Lists Campaign NPCs

*Battle Strategies
    **Preemptive Strike (Expanding territory through expansive assault)
    **Diversionary Tactics (Sending small squad of elite agents to sever supply lines)
    **Battleline Preservation (Doubling defenses to maintain battlelines)
    **Stronghold Defense (Supplement stronghold soldiers and sentries and stabilize supply routes)
    **Troop Conditioning (Whip soldiers into shape)
    **Reconnaissance (Intel formulated battle formulas [yeah...wut])
    **Sabotage (special units sneaking into enemy strongholds to cause chaos and pandemonium)

*Internal Policy
    **Resource Procurement (Rounding up resources for extended engagement with the enemy)
    **Military Supply Procurement (supplies)
    **Logistics (supply route fortification ensures improved defense for strongholds)
    **Stronghold Outfitting (stabilization of supply flows to strongholds will enhance basic defense)
    **Weapons Production (Management methods of guilds will make sure soldiers are outfitted with ample equipment)
    **Weapons Development (Weapon makers to build even better weapons for soldiers)
    **Public Security (Secure citizen's safety)

Sagacious Sundi

*Our Leaders
    **Lists Campaign NPCs
    I swear I remember seeing Perih in Windy's list, who isn't a Campaign NPC.

Banned.

BG Level

There is a chance picking a leader might influence strategy based on the leader's character traits.

*Battle Strategies
    **Preemptive Strike (Expanding territory through expansive assault)
    **Diversionary Tactics (Sending small squad of elite agents to sever supply lines)
    **Battleline Preservation (Doubling defenses to maintain battlelines)
    **Stronghold Defense (Supplement stronghold soldiers and sentries and stabilize supply routes)
    **Troop Conditioning (Whip soldiers into shape)
    **Reconnaissance (Intel formulated battle formulas [yeah...wut])
    **Sabotage (special units sneaking into enemy strongholds to cause chaos and pandemonium)

*Internal Policy
    **Resource Procurement (Rounding up resources for extended engagement with the enemy)
    **Military Supply Procurement (supplies)
    **Logistics (supply route fortification ensures improved defense for strongholds)
    **Stronghold Outfitting (stabilization of supply flows to strongholds will enhance basic defense)
    **Weapons Production (Management methods of guilds will make sure soldiers are outfitted with ample equipment)
    **Weapons Development (Weapon makers to build even better weapons for soldiers)
    **Public Security (Secure citizen's safety)
    15 op types, 14 choices(not counting leaders). Based on descriptions, here are some guesses on how they might match up with ops:

Preemptive Strike = Smokescreen
    Diversionary Tactics = Pit Spider
    Battleline Preservation = Aegis Scream or Granite Rose
    Stronghold Defense = Aegis Scream or Granite Rose
    Troop Conditioning = Brave Dawn
    Reconnaissance = Hawkeye
    Sabotage = Slaughterhouse

Internal Policy is pretty much a blur. For each category there is two or three ops that can mean the same thing.

Banned.

BG Level

I am now absolutely certain leaders add additional effects to the whole strategy system. For example: Lutete of Windurst(Light Elemental user) focuses on intel.

Unfortunately, not much can be done until someone spends a few minutes to screenshot all of the text(well three people, for each nation). Can someone do so?

In any case, the mystery would be do assessments allow ops(which may currently be glitched in their absence) or do they both give the same effect. I would point of the obvious in that ops effect Campaign battle and its factors along with other Campaign influence effects.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I would really like to know how to stop the NPCs from charging out like idiots leaving only 2 or 3 at the tower. Would that be a "Preemptive strike?"

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Preemptive Strike is where the NPC run out and meet the beastmen before they get close to the tower.

I keep voting for Stronghold Defenses specifically to keep them where i can see them. Nothing worse than waiting 20-30 minutes and not knowing the fight is somewhere else.

Edit: Added more.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Not a screenshot, just copied the dat text and the debug system info with it. This is for Bastok:

Code:
    Greetings. I serve as supply commander for the Fourth Division's Seventh Cohors.?Prompt?

One of my many duties is to ensure stability among our ranks by gathering opinions and suggestions and relaying them to the proper authorities.?Prompt?

Perhaps you have a comment I can pass on to the praefectus.?Prompt?

My concerns extend to...
    ?Selection Dialog?Privacy issues.
    Our commanders.
    Our battle strategies.
    Our internal policies.
    Nothing.?Prompt?

Ah, so you wish to comment on our leaders.?Prompt?

Very well. Praefectus Zazarg is eager to learn how his soldiers view the actions of the republic's commanders.?Prompt?

Would you mind telling me in who you place the most trust??Possible Special Code: 00?

Who do you believe the most competent?
    ?Selection Dialog?1st Div. Legatus Berger.
    2nd Div. Legatus Eichberg.
    3rd Div. Legatus Invincible Shield.
    Republic Chief of Staff Sturm.
    Iron Musketeer Commander Krueger.
    Gold Musketeer Commander Gogol.
    Quit.?Prompt?

Maximilian Berger--since the republic's numbing defeat at the Battle of Grauberg, the First Division legatus has been vocal in promoting aggressive battlefield tactics.?Prompt?

Ludwig Eichberg--a cautious leader who specializes in extended campaigns, the legatus is known for his fervor in the areas of stronghold defense and fortification.?Prompt?

Invincible Shield--an extremely versatile leader, the Galkan legatus has become a living legend for his numerous victories on land and sea.?Prompt?

Adelheid Sturm--a shrewd strategist, the Operations Division's chief of staff is well versed in the teachings of Schultz martial theory and employs efficient tactics when gathering intelligence on the enemy.?Prompt?

Bartholomaus Krueger--not known to blindly rush his troops into battle, the legatus believes our nation should first focus on strengthening its forces before engaging the enemy.?Prompt?

Elivira Gogol--a strong proponent of preemptive blitzkrieg tactics, the Gold Musketeer commander is known for her aggressiveness on the battlefield.?Prompt?

And you believe this leader's wisdom is what Bastok requires at the moment??Prompt?

Well...?
    ?Selection Dialog?Absolutely.
    I need more time to think.?Prompt?

Alright.?Prompt?

Wait... I seem to recall recently recording your opinion on our commanders.?Prompt?

I believe you said our nation should heed the strategies of ?Multiple Choice (Parameter 1)?[First Division Legatus Berger/Second Division Legatus Eichberg/Third Division Legatus Invincible Shield/Republic Chief of Staff Sturm/Iron Musketeer Commander Krueger/Gold Musketeer Commander Gogol].?Prompt?

Ah, so you wish to comment on our current battle strategies.?Prompt?

What tactics do you believe our leaders should employ??Possible Special Code: 00?

Our current situation requires...
    ?Selection Dialog?A preemptive strike.
    Diversionary tactics.
    Battleline preservation.
    Stronghold defenses.
    Troop conditioning.
    Troop training.
    Reconnaissance.
    Sabotage.
    Nothing.?Prompt?

Quite an aggressive tactic... On the other hand, a preemptive strike can be the quickest way to bring new regions under Bastokan control, even if it results in heavier losses.?Prompt?

Deploying a small unit of elite forces to distract the enemy while another cuts off vital supply lines... Excellent thinking!?Prompt?

Reinforce defenses in order to maintain battlelines, thus gradually draining the enemy of its influence... A wise decision.?Prompt?

Reinforce stronghold defenses in order to prevent enemy ambushes and stabilize supply routes. Sound thinking, ?Player Name?.?Prompt?

Back to basics... So simple, it might be just what our forces need.?Prompt?

There is only so much a regular soldier can do. An elite force is necessary for some of our nation's more...delicate operations.?Prompt?

Ah, a fine tactic... The more intelligence we have on the hordes, the more successful we are in our future campaigns.?Prompt?

A dangerous tactic... However, if a special unit is able to infiltrate our enemies' strongholds undetected and succeed in sabotaging their lifelines, the tides of battle would most definitely turn in our favor.?Prompt?

Is this what you recommend?
    ?Selection Dialog?Absolutely!
    On second thought...?Prompt?

I have already delivered to the praefectus your most recent opinion regarding our battle strategies.?Prompt?

I believe you suggested ?Set Color #5??Multiple Choice (Parameter 1)?[a preemptive strike/diversionary tactics/battleline preservation/stronghold fortification/troop conditioning/troop training/reconnaissance/sabotage]?Set Color #1?.?Prompt?

Ah, so you wish to offer a comment regarding the republic's internal policies.?Prompt?

What exactly do you suggest??Possible Special Code: 00?

Bastok should focus on...
    ?Selection Dialog?Resource procurement.
    Military supply procurement.
    Logistics.
    Stronghold outfitting.
    Weapons production.
    Weapons development.
    Public security.
    Stronghold fortification.
    I require more time to consider.?Prompt?

Interesting...
    Preparation for an extended campaign through the acquisition of large quantities of resources...?Prompt?

An army cannot be successful without first obtaining sufficient quantities of supplies. You take after my own heart, soldier.?Prompt?

Supplies are worthless if they do not arrive to their intended destination safely, and in times of war, supply line ambushes are frequent. By fortifying the routes, we can ensure prompt delivery and in turn increase our nation's defenses.?Prompt?

Stabilization of supply flows to our strongholds will help in improving our basic defenses.?Prompt?

Improved management of the republic's guilds will ensure our soldiers aren't underequipped on the battlefield.?Prompt?

Spoken like a true Bastoker. The republic was built on ingenuity, and with improved weapons developed by those great minds in the Metalworks, our forces will cause even more havoc on the battlefield.?Prompt?

A nation is only as strong as her people. The safety of the citizens should always come first.?Prompt?

Ah, strong walls to fend off an enemy siege. A sound suggestion, soldier.?Prompt?

Shall I record your opinion?
    ?Selection Dialog?Yes.
    No.?Prompt?

I seem to recall recently delivering your opinion to the praefectus.?Prompt?

I believe you suggested ?Multiple Choice (Parameter 1)?[the procurement of resources/the procurement of additional military supplies/improving logistics/better outfitting our strongholds/increased weapons production/advanced weapons development/improving public security/additional stronghold fortifications].?Prompt?

Ah, I see your medal has expired. I am sorry, but please receive your monthly evaluation and return again when it is complete.?Prompt?

Choose!
    ?Selection Dialog?Reset answers.
    Suggestion data.
    Vote data.
    Quit.?Prompt?

Answers RESET!?Possible Special Code: 00?

Randomize?
    ?Selection Dialog?Yes.
    No.?Prompt?

Randomization complete.?Possible Special Code: 00?

Select area to change:
    ?Selection Dialog?Randomize.
    Clear results.
    ?Battle Strategies?
    ?Preemptive strike: ?Numeric Parameter 0?
    ?Battleline preservation: ?Numeric Parameter 1?
    ?Diversionary tactics: ?Numeric Parameter 2?
    ?Stronghold reinforcement: ?Numeric Parameter 3?
    ?Reconnaissance: ?Numeric Parameter 4?
    ?Sabotage: ?Numeric Parameter 5?
    ?Troop conditioning: ?Numeric Parameter 6?
    ?Troop training: ?Numeric Parameter 7?
    ?Internal Strategies?
    ?Resource procurement: ?Numeric Parameter 8?
    ?Military supplies: ?Numeric Parameter 9?
    ?Logistics: ?Numeric Parameter 10?
    ?Stronghold outfitting: ?Numeric Parameter 11?
    ?Public security: ?Numeric Parameter 12?
    ?Fortification: ?Numeric Parameter 13?
    ?Weapons production: ?Numeric Parameter 14?
    ?Weapons development: ?Numeric Parameter 15?
    ?Generals?
    General A: ?Numeric Parameter 16?
    General B: ?Numeric Parameter 17?
    General C: ?Numeric Parameter 18?
    General D: ?Numeric Parameter 19?
    General E: ?Numeric Parameter 20?
    General F: ?Numeric Parameter 21?
    Quit.?Prompt?

Select Value:
    ?Selection Dialog?0 (Low)
    10 (High)
    Quit.?Prompt?

?Multiple Choice (Parameter 0)?[Preemptive strike/Battleline preservation/Diversionary tactics/Stronghold reinforcement/Reconnaissance/Sabotage/Troop conditioning/Troop training/Resource procurement/Military supplies/Logistics/Stronghold outfitting/Public security/Stronghold fortification/Weapons production/Weapons development/General A/General B/General C/General D/General E/General F] set to ?Numeric Parameter 1?.?Possible Special Code: 00?

Are you sure?
    ?Selection Dialog?Yeah.
    No.?Prompt?

All cleared!?Possible Special Code: 00?

Error! (?Numeric Parameter 0???Possible Special Code: 00?

?Numeric Parameter 0? ?Numeric Parameter 1? ?Numeric Parameter 2? ?Numeric Parameter 3??Possible Special Code: 00? 

Sort START.?Possible Special Code: 00?

Sorting 1&2?Possible Special Code: 00?

Sorting 3&4?Possible Special Code: 00?

Sorting 5&6?Possible Special Code: 00?

Sorting 7&8?Possible Special Code: 00?

Sorting 1, 2 & 3, 4?Possible Special Code: 00?

Sorting 5, 6 & 7, 8?Possible Special Code: 00?

Sort COMPLETE (Tallying)?Possible Special Code: 00?

Sort COMPLETE (Category)?Possible Special Code: 00?

Category ?Numeric Parameter 0?:?Numeric Parameter 2?×10÷?Numeric Parameter 3??Rank ?Numeric Parameter 1??Possible Special Code: 00?

Round UP: + ?Numeric Parameter 0??Possible Special Code: 00?

Banned.

BG Level

Thanks, this is a nice start.

Preemptive Strike is where the NPC run out and meet the beastmen before they get close to the tower.

I keep voting for Stronghold Defenses specifically to keep them where i can see them. Nothing worse than waiting 20-30 minutes and not knowing the fight is somewhere else.

Got any sort of evidence? The description from Windurst and Bastok don't really point towards that direct.

Banned.

BG Level

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/Tactical_Assessment

I uploaded the Bastok information, but I still lack things for other nations. Please contribute by posting info from other nations here or on the wiki page.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ibi Risasi
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Er... meant to post this earlier in the week, but totally forgot.

Windy's current strategies on Garuda are Stronghold Defense + Battleline Preservation.

Despite being Copper Emblem at the start of the week, the only offensive operations I had available were:

Smokescreen I
    Smokescreen II
    Pit Spider I

I should've been able to do Smokescreen III and Pit Spider II also, but I'm assuming the defensive focus of Windy removed the highest tier of each offensive Operation.

Ranking up to Iron Emblem enabled Pit Spider II for me, but once again no tier III.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Here's the rest, Windurst:

Code:
    Why, howdy-ho! My moniker's Kuron-Makaron, and I'm the Mithra Mercenaries' Morale Manager!?Prompt?
    My mission also comprises of monitoring Miss Mihgo's minions, and communicating all I accumulate to her majesty.?Prompt?
    Might the cunning cobra carry something on ?Multiple Choice (Player Gender)?[his/her] chest that ?Multiple Choice (Player Gender)?[he/she] wishes me to convene to our commander in chief??Prompt?

Comment on...
    Our leaders.
    Our battle strategies.
    Our internal policies.
    Nothing.?Prompt?

Worried about the wrath of our wily warlords??Prompt?

Well, you can wash those worries away. I only offer our officers one's opinions, not the omens behind them.?Prompt?

Whether the Warlock Warlord warrants the execution of any one suggestion, now, that is the question--the answer to that question being yes and no.?Prompt?

The moods of our mighty commanders metamorphose with the waxing and waning of the moons. However, I pledge on my honor that I shall make your recommendations known.?Prompt?

Your recommendations have been rightly recorded and shall be relayed to the proper bureaucracies.?Prompt?

And may I suggest that if you possess supplementary suggestions, you seek me out so we might start afresh.?Prompt?

Why all the corruption amongst the kitties, you inquire? Good question... I'm sorry, but I cannot accommodate your comments until I have completed my compte rendu. Come back again, my friend!?Prompt?

Oh-ho, so you seek to speak on our superiors' specific behaviors.?Prompt?

Or perhaps you plan to proffer Kuron-Makaron a present of plump pamamas to procure a promotion??Prompt?

Ha-la-li-la-la! A joke, a jest.
    Please, just a moment while I adjust my vest.
    Now tell me...?Possible Special Code: 00?

Which general do you gather's the best?
    ?Selection Dialog?Ariesan Master Caster Lutete.
    Capricornian Master Caster Zonpa-Zippa.
    Aquarian Master Caster Kayeel-Payeel.
    Patriarch Protector Principal Nyumomo.
    Anaconda Mercenary Major Vashai.
    Wildcat General Zhwan.
    Quit.?Prompt?

Oh, Master Caster Lutete of the Ariesan War Warlocks, descendant of Medada, the first ever Manustery Minister. Yes, her eminence exceeds at administering investigations and inquiries to gather intelligence on our infamous enemy's malicious machinations.?Prompt?

Oooh, Master Caster Zonpa-Zippa of the Capricornian War Warlocks... Did you know he also moonlights as Manustery Minister? Amazing are his modern methods of military machina manufacturing. Increased Cardian construction is what he cries at the conferences of our commanders.?Prompt?

Ah, Master Caster Kayeel-Payeel of the Aquarian War Warlocks is known for his subtle strategies that earn his erudites victory after victory on the violent fields of battle.?Prompt?

Presented with the predicament of protecting those peoples with prestigious positions within the Parliament of Patriarchs, the principal's principal problems involve improving the federation's fundamental fortifications of its filigrees and foundations.?Prompt?

Perih Vashai, major of our mightiest Mithra Mercenary menagerie. Yes, she secures steadfast support from her soldiers by ensuring that the steady stream of supplies seldom strays from suitable levels.?Prompt?

Haja Zhwan, you say? The savage superintendent of our saviors from the south is said to savor the screams of the enemy soldiers as she slices through their ranks. She's been granted a voice within parliament, but her opinings oft fall on deaf organs of aural origin.?Prompt?

And you believe our fine federation would be wise to follow in this leader's footsteps??Prompt?

Should I relay this recommendation?
    ?Selection Dialog?Certainly.
    Not just yet.?Prompt?

Duly noted!?Prompt?

Ah! It is truly regrettable that we employ those who prove so regrettably forgettable!?Prompt?

You only recently reminded me of which leader you recommended, and if I recall, it was ?Multiple Choice (Parameter 1)?[Lutete/Zonpa-Zippa/Kayeel-Payeel/Nyumomo/Perih Vashai/Haja Zhwan]!?Prompt?

Strategies of battle, you say??Prompt?

Why, sure! I'm certain our superiors are on the edges of their seats, straining to discern what suggestions you strain to suggest.?Possible Special Code: 00?

And that suggestion is...?
    Diversionary tactics.
    Battleline preservation.
    Stronghold defense.
    Troop conditioning.
    Troop training.
    Reconnaissance.
    Sabotage.
    Nothing.?Prompt?

Quite a dynamic decision... Expanding territory through the execution of an expansive assault. Ex-Warlock Warlord Lungo-Nango would be ecstatic!?Prompt?

Sending forth a small squad of elite agents to sever supply lines... Superb!?Prompt?

Doubling defenses to maintain battlelines... A solid decision...though not that daring.?Prompt?

Supplement stronghold soldiers and sentries to strengthen and stabilize supply routes. Sound thinking, ?Player Name?.?Prompt?

Whip the whippersnappers into tip-top ship-shape? A simple, yet superb strategy. Stupendous!?Prompt?

Educating an elite force to execute some of our nation's more covert campaigns... Excellent!?Prompt?

Intriguing... It is a fact that intel is integral to the integration of internally formulated battle formulas onto the battlefield.?Prompt?

Ah, dangerous and daring! Special units sneaking into enemy strongholds to cause chaos and provoke pandemonium!?Prompt?

I'm certain you've already supplied me with a suggestion on that subject.?Prompt?

I believe you said ?Set Color #5??Multiple Choice (Parameter 1)?[a preemptive strike/diversionary tactics/battleline preservation/stronghold fortification/troop conditioning/troop training/reconnaissance/sabotage]?Set Color #1? was the way to go.?Prompt?

Management of internal idiosyncrasies! Yes, improvements are imperative!?Prompt?

But where to begin??Possible Special Code: 00?

On what does Windurst need to focus?
    Logistics.
    Stronghold outfitting.
    Weapons production.
    Weapons development.
    Public security.

Rounding up resources to ready ourselves for an extended engagement with the ever-advancing enemy... Excellent!?Prompt?

Super! It is no surprise that you've selected supplies as the single most significant step to success.?Prompt?

Savvy! Supply route fortification ensures improved defense for our strongholds.?Prompt?

Stabilization of supply flows to our strongholds will help enhance our basic defenses.?Prompt?

Marvelous! Ameliorated management methods of the federation's guilds will make sure our boys are outfitted with ample equipment.?Prompt?

Brilliant! The best brains in the bludgeoning business brought together to build even better bludgeons for our boys in blue...er, green!?Prompt?

Sound advice, ?Player Name?! A nation would always strive to secure the safety of the citizens before seeking anything else!?Prompt?

It's so simple--strong walls to stop sieges. A sound suggestion, soldier.?Prompt?

Shall I record your opinion?
    ?Selection Dialog?Yes.
    No.?Prompt?

And San d'Oria:

Code:
    Greetings, I am Curate Palardaifaut, and I have been assigned to the Knights of the Iron Ram to ensure that its members stray not from the path of the Goddess.?Prompt?
    ?Possible Special Code: 1F??Possible Special Code: 0F??Player Name? bows deeply.?Possible Special Code: 00?
    One of my many duties entails lending an ear to the grievances of my brave brothers and sisters.?Prompt?
    Might there be something troubling you, ?Player Name???Prompt?

I have an opinion regarding:
    Our commanders.
    Our battle strategies.
    Our internal policies.
    Nothing.?Prompt?

Worry not, my child. Your name will be revealed to no one.?Prompt?

Feel free to express whatever feelings you may have, without fear of future reprisal.?Prompt?

However, this does not necessarily guarantee your wishes will be granted.?Prompt?

While the royaulais makes it a point to consider the opinions of his subjects, the final decision regarding whether or not to implement a new course of action lies solely with His Highness.?Prompt?

I see...
    I have recorded your words and shall present them to the royaulais himself.?Prompt?

Understood. However, if you ever wish to make your voice heard, speak with me.?Prompt?

“And should a shroud of darkness veil the Light of dawn, the undying hope in mine heart would guideth me through the abyss to the Promised--”?Prompt?

Ah, my apologies, wayward lamb, but I have not yet finished my daily prayer. Please, allow me to concentrate, lest I offend the Goddess with wildering driveling.?Prompt?

Ah, our fine generals.?Prompt?

A leader of men is only as strong as the trust placed upon him by his followers. His Majesty would do well to know who among his commanders has earned the respect of the people.?Prompt?

?Player Name?, tell me which general you believe the most competent.?Possible Special Code: 00?

Who would you follow to death?
    ?Selection Dialog?Royal Guard General Davilles.
    Royal Knight General Cousseraux.
    Temple Knight General Brunnaut.
    Provincial Knight General Rouhent.
    Provincial Knight General Virgaut.
    Reserve Knight General Leonoyne.

Ah, Valaineral R Davilles, heir to the Davilles line. Known by many for his warm personality, this master of the blade is said to transform into a beast when on the battlefield.?Prompt?

Ah, Lord Yrvaulair S Cousseraux--the years have taken little from this expert tactician. Specializing in sieges, the brave general excels when faced with a fortress in need of breaching.?Prompt?

Ah, Cardinal Febrenard C Brunnaut... Striving hard day and night to maintain peace within the walls of the capital. While the youngest of our nation's generals, he is often the most composed.?Prompt?

Ah, Lord Rouhent of the Norvallen Knights--a hero amongst men, known for putting the needs of his knights before all else. Missions of reprovisioning are among his specialties.?Prompt?

Ah, Lady Virgaut of the Aragoneu Knights. Let not her pulchritudinous visage fool you, for she is perhaps one of the finest generals in the kingdom. Her scouts' ability to gather intelligence on the enemy, combined with her ability to apply that knowledge to constructing precise battle tactics, is known across Vana'diel.?Prompt?

Ah, Sir Leonoyne of the Knights of the Savage Hound--a cold-blooded warrior who earned his nobility after a showing of unmatched bravery on the battlefield. Highly regarded by the royaulais, his ruthless methods strike fear into those beastmen who dare challenge his knights.?Prompt?

?Prompt?

?Prompt?

Do you believe he is our kingdom's top general??Prompt?

He is...
    ?Selection Dialog?The best we have!
    ...?Prompt?

Interesting...?Prompt?

Wait one moment...?Prompt?

I seem to recall you recently stating ?Multiple Choice (Parameter 1)?[Royal Guard General Davilles/Royal Knight General Cousseraux/Temple Knight General Brunnaut/General Feldrautte I Rouhent/General Cerane I Virgaut/Reserve Knight General Leonoyne] was our most reliant leader.?Prompt?

So you feel there may be something amiss with our nation's current battle strategy.?Prompt?

Which path do you feel would benefit us most??Possible Special Code: 00?

Which do you suggest?
    Diversionary tactics.
    Battleline preservation.
    Stronghold defenses.
    Troop conditioning.
    Troop training.
    Reconnaissance.
    Sabotage.
    Nothing.?Prompt?

Quite an aggressive tactic... On the other hand, a preemptive strike can be the quickest way to bring new regions under San d'Orian control, even if it results in heavier losses.?Prompt?

Quite a devious tactic... Deploying a small unit of elite forces to distract the enemy while another cuts off vital supply lines... Brilliant!?Prompt?

Ah, a wise tactic... Reinforce defenses in order to maintain battlelines, thus gradually draining the enemy of its influence.?Prompt?

Ah, a sound tactic... Reinforce stronghold defenses in order to prevent enemy ambushes and stabilize supply routes.?Prompt?

No matter how wise a commander, if his troops are not ready for battle, defeat will always be lurking close behind.?Prompt?

There is only so much a conditioned soldier can do. Without special training, some complex aspects of battle remain out of reach.?Prompt?

Ah, a fine tactic... A great man once said, “Know thine enemy, know thyself.” The more intelligence we have on the hordes, the easier our future campaigns become.?Prompt?

Quite a perilous tactic... However, if a special unit is able to infiltrate our enemies' strongholds undetected and succeed in planting their tools of destruction, the tides of battle would most definitely turn in our favor.?Prompt?

It was not but a few days heretofore that you suggested a quite interesting tactic...?Prompt?

If I am not mistaken, I believe you proposed ?Set Color #5??Multiple Choice (Parameter 1)?[a preemptive strike/diversionary tactics/battleline preservation/stronghold fortification/troop conditioning/troop training/reconnaissance/sabotage]?Set Color #1?.?Prompt?

So you care to comment on our nation's inner workings...?Prompt?

Which do you believe the most apt course??Possible Special Code: 00?

There are so many choices...
    Logistics.
    Stronghold outfitting.
    Weapons production.
    Weapons development.
    Public security.

Interesting...
    Preparing for an extended campaign through the acquisition of large quantities of resources...?Prompt?

It is true. I do not recall an army that was successful without first obtaining sufficient quantities of supplies.?Prompt?

Supplies are worthless if they do not arrive to their intended destination safely. By fortifying the routes, our nation's defenses can only become stronger.?Prompt?

Stabilizing the flow of supplies to our strongholds will more than likely help improve our basic defenses.?Prompt?

An unarmed man has as much value to the kingdom as do the rabbits that prance about the king's holt. Improved management of the capital's guilds will ensure our knights have steel in their hands.?Prompt?

An intriguing suggestion... With improved weapons, our forces will be even more formidable on the battlefield.?Prompt?

I could not agree more. A nation is only as strong as the people she protects. Even during...no, especially during times of war, maintaining the safety of San d'Oria's citizens should come before all else.?Prompt?

Ah, so you seek the realization of a mighty fortress, impenetrable to all those foolish enough to attempt a siege. A sound suggestion, I may say.?Prompt?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    Thanks, this is a nice start.

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir

Got any sort of evidence? The description from Windurst and Bastok don't really point towards that direct.
    I'm going to assume you mean evidence for the Preemptive Strike since Stronghold Defense is straightforward.

I was in a campaign battle in Sauromugue Champaign where ALL the NPC's just took off. I mean no beastmen yet and all the defenders just bolted. Players naturally went wtf and followed. We caught up to them at the gate/wall halfway to GC where the arbiter drops you in for teleing, and sure enough they had met the advancing yagudo. This behaviour matches the definition of Preemptive Strike to a T.

Dont get me wrong, I think this is a great strategy for actually stopping the strnghold from taking any damage, but it's not friendly to players who want to get any XP though campaign.

Banned.

BG Level

My nation is currently doing preemptive strike as a battle strategy and I've never seen this behavior. I think it's just a glitch or fluke and strategies/policies have more to do with ops rather than NPC behavior. Perhaps something to do with troop conditioning.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

My nation is currently doing preemptive strike as a battle strategy and I've never seen this behavior. I think it's just a glitch or fluke and strategies/policies have more to do with ops rather than NPC behavior. Perhaps something to do with troop conditioning.
    My nation is under this strategy, and north gusta and rolanberry NPCs will sometimes come running back while people gather. Battle ends right after they return.

Banned.

BG Level

That wouldn't make it any less of fluke really. It would need to be consistently happening. Also, factor in the possibility of it being related to area and/or general. Finally, something would need to explain not happening in some areas even while a nation is using that strategy.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

That wouldn't make it any less of fluke really. It would need to be consistently happening. Also, factor in the possibility of it being related to area and/or general. Finally, something would need to explain not happening in some areas even while a nation is using that strategy.
    Second Legionnaire NPCs tend to do this in north gusta.